BREAKING NEWS: Chris Jericho suspended indefinately

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So the PG era and anti bullying campaign is in full effect. Let's not forget about Linda's good ol debate run that won't go anywhere. I always try to be positive with WWE and usually am but stuff like this is still cringe worthy. There isn't a damn thing that can convince me but whatever you got to make sure the failed campaign goes strong. God forbid someone does something disrespectful, it isn't the first time. Extremely short sighted? So if Triple H or Taker did this, they get suspended to? Psh yeah whatever you say.

I'm actually willing to bet that HHH, Shawn, Taker, and other true faces of the company which Jericho has never been good enough to be would be smart enough to at least ask if it is a crime to do it. Not knowing the law, is not an excuse in any court, its just asinine on the part of the perpetrator and his defenders to excuse it. You can chime in on 20 years and all that bull shit, but what does it matter to WWE who he hasn't worked half that long for and has left high and dry twice and going on a third time? Don't confuse him with Trips or Taker because as the ambassadors and faces of the company, much like Cena they have the common sense not to dig them or their peers/WWE in unscripted ditches. They especially wouldn't do it and then leave for a shitty ass band that has never took off

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's not about it being PG or the Attitude Era though is it? The fact of the matter is he did something that is obviously highly insensitive and is against the law and by all accounts he was lucky to avoid not getting arrested.

It shouldn't matter if you're a veteran or not, you have to set an example and can't just pick and choose who to punish even if they probably do. If Cena fails a wellness test shall we overlook that because he too is a veteran? Don't forget the WWE also fined HHH/Taker after their first (second to us fans with a memory) Mania encounter for the unprotected chairshots.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Btw, just checked wwe.com and the suspension has been changed to 30 days.

DashX

Reaction score
Unfortunately Y2J got suspended but it could have been worse, he could of been fired like Daniel Bryan. This is WWE doing damage control because Linda wants to run for office again.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Unfortunately Y2J got suspended but it could have been worse, he could of been fired like Daniel Bryan. This is WWE doing damage control because Linda wants to run for office again.
They fired Finlay behind a patriot reason. He's lucky they didn't axe him too for consitency. It's like how he and Helms both got into the same shit and he got glossed over, while Helms got jobbed and fired. They can't just let him skate because he is Jericho as it serves a bad message

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's not about it being PG or the Attitude Era though is it? The fact of the matter is he did something that is obviously highly insensitive and is against the law and by all accounts he was lucky to avoid not getting arrested.

It shouldn't matter if you're a veteran or not, you have to set an example and can't just pick and choose who to punish even if they probably do. If Cena fails a wellness test shall we overlook that because he too is a veteran? Don't forget the WWE also fined HHH/Taker after their first (second to us fans with a memory) Mania encounter for the unprotected chairshots.
Seriously it is getting tiresome seeing everybody try to blame anything they don't like on PG. WWE having a TV-14 rating doesn't make them immune to something like this as it would be illegal either way.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He was high during the event :side:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
If he's back in 30 days then this incident probably isn't a work to write him off TV (unless the Fozzy tour is really quick or something).

I mean they probably won't acknowledge this on TV so why would they use this of all things as an angle to write him off? I don't know why Jericho genuinely fucking up due to a cultural misunderstanding is so hard to accept.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's hard to accept because he already happened to need this amount of time off for fozzy they had a small european tour setup prior to this.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I guess it depends whether Jericho actually returns straight after the 30 days. Does anyone know when Fozzy is supposed to be touring besides "soon"? Because if its supposed to commence within the month then maybe I can understand things being a bit too convenient.

Another loose end is why the suspension was officially changed from indefinite to 30 days. If the plan is for Jericho to go away for an uncertain amount of time then why not leave it indefinite? Or 60 days to allow more time?

Its all so weird and elaborate that I can't help but think an overblown mistake is a lot more reasonable.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Seriously it is getting tiresome seeing everybody try to blame anything they don't like on PG. WWE having a TV-14 rating doesn't make them immune to something like this as it would be illegal either way.

Psssssh

You don't remember back during the Attitude era when wrestlers smoked crack in the ring?

TV-14 shows are above the law.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Here's why I'm not buying that it's a work:

1) He literally just started a feud with Orton this week. If he needed to take the time off, why start a fresh feud?
2) There are a dozen other ways to write someone off TV that don't include disprespecting another country's flag
3) Since when does the WWE try to work the IWC at live events?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Here's why I'm not buying that it's a work:

1) He literally just started a feud with Orton this week. If he needed to take the time off, why start a fresh feud?
2) There are a dozen other ways to write someone off TV that don't include disprespecting another country's flag
3) Since when does the WWE try to work the IWC at live events?

1. You can argue they started that going into the fourway
2. True but Jericho is a heel and it creates heat taking him off that way. Plue when did WWE always make sense.
3. Since the beginning of the year they've been doing everything they can to work the IWC. Articles on the website. Leaking bad info to dirt sheets. Bringing back the informer. Not to mention all the recent reports that they've been planning to up it.

Besides it's a possibility that it was a real incident that WWE took advantage of

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Here's multiple superstars reactions:

Lance Storm: "Thoughts on @IAmJericho He didn't do anything that hasn't been done a million times in wrestling. Wrong place & times change."

Shawn Michaels: "Wow, waking up to find twitter blaming me for an apparent suspension of @IAmJericho. Seems to me I'd blame the horrific PC world we've allowed ourselves to be caught up in where you can't "act" & have it called "acting." BS!! I'll stand behind @IAmJericho any day of the week & twice on Sunday...what's the big "E" stand for in WWE anyway!!. I honestly don't see how many of you make it w/that much anger in your life...seems exhausting & a colossal waste of time!! See, that's all I've got & I'm already tired!! Time to workout & hit my day. Y'all have a wonderful day!! :)

Had a nice txt'ing convo w/@IAmJericho and as always, he's handling things well. Just wanted to lend him some support!! :)"

Jim Ross: "He was playing the part of a wrestling villain in an entertainment based entity. It's not like he was at a sporting event like soccer and disrespected the flag, but rules are rules and they have strict rules regarding the flag in their company... He's playing a character, did an ad lib, and unfortunately he stepped over the line for the local culture, so he's been suspended indefinitely and hopefully it will work out."

JBL: After seeing reports of Chris Jericho in Brazil-it was what I suspected--Chris trying to entertain and be a heel. Apparently a Brazilian Flag comes into ring and Chris grabs it and kicks it (or something to that effect). Compare that to Sgt Slaughter burning the flag or all the crazy stuff that has gone on. This is nothing. EXCEPT we are in a new era and now that isn't acceptable.

Chris did what most old heels would have done, he reacted and a decade ago it would have been loved for the heat. However, times change and we have to as well-Chris acknowledged this and apologized. Chris is a wonderful person and one of all time great entertainers-there was no malice here from what I see and know about Chris. A mistake was made and is being dealt with.

As far as being illegal, please, if done in an entertaining arena it is considered as such. Like saying you can prosecute Anthony Hopkins for cannibalism because of his role in 'Silence of the Lambs'. I understand the arguements, I went through same thing in Germany and it was never considered a problem in Germany-only over the Internet and the Internet reporters. Chris' intent was to entertain not insult anyone in Brazil or the great Brazilian fans.

Times change and for the better. Chris did what a ton of older heels would have done and he reacted. He is being punished and he apologized. He is one of all time greats and a great friend, old habits are hard to change but we must.

Times change and we have to change with it, and we all will.

Completely agree with all of their comments.