BREAKING NEWS: Chris Jericho suspended indefinately

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Seems like a natural heel manouvere, I don't think many people would have known that it was illegal in Brazil to kick a flag, it was the first time WWE worked there so they wouldn't have known. WWE can easily work this into a storyline if they want since Jericho will be leaving soon anyway.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Would of preferred him to go all HBK on it and stick it up his nose, blow snot on it, rub his balls with it then hump it.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I know it's a cultural thing, however, I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous that law is. But regardless, I wouldn't consider that desecration, especially considering that I live in a country where our flags are burned and ripped on a regular basis. He kicked it out of the ring. That's it. I think Brazil has a lot more worry-some things to deal with than a legendary Canadian-American professional wrestler putting on an entertaining show for their citizens. Wasn't there any drug lords to bust or birdie hookers to arrest?

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Stupid move by Jericho he should have known that it was illigal to degrade the flag and even then its a lack of respect to the country to do something like that.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Regarding the CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho match that led to Jericho's suspension, the match began with Jericho insulting Brazil in a heel promo. A fan tossed the Brazilian flag to Punk and he raised it up to a pop from the crowd. Jericho took the same flag that Punk had and kicked it.

During the match, a referee came down and interrupted. Jericho was forced to take the mic and apologize to the Brazilian flans for disrespecting the flag earlier. The match continued and Punk ended up winning. Punk celebrated with the Brazilian flag and the WWE Title while Jericho was hurried to the back where police officers were waiting.

As noted before, Jericho was almost arrested but cooler heads prevailed and he was hurried out of the country.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
South American countries and most Latin American countries are extremely well known for being touchy about this sort of thing though, and Jericho really should have known better. I understand that it's different in US, Canada, and most places in Europe, but as big of a fan I am of Jericho, that was unbelievably idiotic on his part. It might not sound like it's a big deal to many of us, "Oh, it's just a flag..." basically, but that's simply not the way some countries are about it and Brazil isn't even the worst. He's damn lucky he didn't pull that shit in Cuba or Venezuela, because he might not have left the country. I would think someone of Jericho's age having traveled the world as much as he has would have known that.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
[video=youtube;XjK98AEK6Go]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjK98AEK6Go&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;RikjeeDaMxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RikjeeDaMxI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

BDC

Reaction score
Wow, did that sound a little sarcastic? IDK, maybe not. Yeah, I agree, idiotic and shortsighted. It should be that way in all countries, TBH.
Respect is respect.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wow, did that sound a little sarcastic? IDK, maybe not. Yeah, I agree, idiotic and shortsighted. It should be that way in all countries, TBH.
Respect is respect.
I'm all for "respect", but I'm definitely glad all countries aren't like this. Can you imagine what Canada would have done to Shawn Michaels back in 97 if Canada was the same way? Picking his nose with the flag, humping it on the ground, making "suck it" gestures at it, etc... Shawn would have been killed.

But some countries that flies in, but certainly not down there. It's a completely different culture and I think that's the thing most people defending Jericho don't understand.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah that is the main thing missing... is that people aren't understanding the cultural differences. Some countries are rather lax about their flags whereas others will hold them in extreme regard. It is definitely a matter of respect and something as simple as kicking a flag is disrespectful. Plus its in their laws so... gotta uphold them for everything and everyone.

Jericho was lucky... I mean if this is a storyline reason then so be it... but regardless there are countries that view things differently than others and that has to be upheld.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Boohoo. Have a cry Brazil you idiots.

BDC

Reaction score
Well, I'm one that has a problem with you desecrating our flag, the American. So, yeah, it's about respect. It means something to me and I'm sure the Brazil flag means something to the Brazilians. And, just to be on record, the whole DX thing with the Canadian flag up his nose went too far then. There are just some boundaries we need to ...dare I say...respect.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It is a matter of respect plain and simple. And I mean when Shawn stuck it up his nose, used it as a snot rag, and dry humped it in the middle of the ring... I mean dang... that was taking it to a whole nother level. The flag represents your country whether you respect your country or not... that flag is a representation of your country.

When Jericho crumpled up the flag and kicked it out of the ring... that is disrespecting the flag and disrespecting the country. This isn't the attitude era... this isn't the 90s... this isn't Canada. This is freakin BRAZIL!

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It is a matter of respect plain and simple. And I mean when Shawn stuck it up his nose, used it as a snot rag, and dry humped it in the middle of the ring... I mean dang... that was taking it to a whole nother level. The flag represents your country whether you respect your country or not... that flag is a representation of your country.

When Jericho crumpled up the flag and kicked it out of the ring... that is disrespecting the flag and disrespecting the country. This isn't the attitude era... this isn't the 90s... this isn't Canada. This is freakin BRAZIL!
Even Bret Hart would take American flags and shap them over his knee, but it wasn't just the era, it was the fact that there is a real, very healthy relationship between Canadians and Americans and that whole thing between Bret and Michaels was part of a story line. It was fun for us back then even if one of the wrestlers managed to get under our skins a little. WWE also operates very regularly in both Canada and the States, so those fans knew not to take serious exception to the flag degradation because they're all very aware wrestling is scripted and Canadians and Americans really don't hate each other.

However.... Brazil deals mostly in serious sports, MMA and soccer mostly. Brazilians aren't stupid, they know wrestling is scripted too, but the boundaries between what is acceptable and was isn't in theater and sport aren't drawn in the sand quite like they are here. Not only that, but there is no current story line involving "Canada v. Brazil" or any type of "friendly" rivalry between the two countries. So when an arrogant Canadian just walks out and completely disrespects their flag out of the blue, yeah... I can definitely see why a lot of people would be like "WTF?" about that, even if the cultures weren't so completely different to begin with.