BREAKING NEWS: Chris Jericho suspended indefinately

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wow is wrestling still real to you Slim? Seriously its a work big deal and this is absolutely ridiculous. Like people have mentioned, JBL did a nazi salute walk and nothing happened. CM Punk called someone a homo and nothing happened but now Jericho does something to get heel heat and he gets suspended? Brazil is a dump, you would think with their crime rate they got better things to do. Instead they take a great entertainer and wrester like Jericho and almost possibly get him arrested. I get the whole logic of disrespecting a flag but this is wrestling for crying out loud! Fuck Brazil if this annoys people well sorry because I'm heated and its stupid shit like this that makes PG era kill some things. I never like to hate on PG because wrestling is wrestling but this is just flat out ridiculous. I thought this was a possible work since WWE.com reported it but it seems like it could be some legit punishment. This is absolutely laughable, its like heels can't do anything crazy anymore.

Chael Sonnen would have done ten times worse.

Pete

Reaction score
Jericho's set to take a break apparently.

It's a work. Not the flag part, maybe, but the suspension part.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Why would Jericho take a break right at this time when he just started a feud with Orton.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Wow is wrestling still real to you Slim? Seriously its a work big deal and this is absolutely ridiculous. Like people have mentioned, JBL did a nazi salute walk and nothing happened. CM Punk called someone a homo and nothing happened but now Jericho does something to get heel heat and he gets suspended? Brazil is a dump, you would think with their crime rate they got better things to do. Instead they take a great entertainer and wrester like Jericho and almost possibly get him arrested. I get the whole logic of disrespecting a flag but this is wrestling for crying out loud! Fuck Brazil if this annoys people well sorry because I'm heated and its stupid shit like this that makes PG era kill some things. I never like to hate on PG because wrestling is wrestling but this is just flat out ridiculous. I thought this was a possible work since WWE.com reported it but it seems like it could be some legit punishment. This is absolutely laughable, its like heels can't do anything crazy anymore.

Chael Sonnen would have done ten times worse.

Wrestling is as fake to me as your sense of humor.

The FACT here is... there is a cultural difference between America and Brazil.

The FACT here is... Brazil takes a lot more pride and respect in their country then America.

The FACT here is... Brazil holds their flag in much higher regard than America.

I mean are you getting this? My post has nothing to do with wrestling but has everything to do with respecting a country and what their flag stands for. Yeah JBL did the stomp in Germany... Okay. I'm sure they said something in back to him about that. And Punk calling someone a homo? Really that is nowhere near the level of taking the flag of a COUNTRY and kicking it. That is flat out disrespecting that country and their flag. This has nothing to do with wrestling being PG, heels being heels. There are plenty ways to be a heel. Hell Chael has said everything you can against Brazilians but have you EVER... even ONCE seen him do anything at all to their flag? No. He is heeling it up big time and doing a lot of talking but he isn't stupid enough to take their flag and do anything to it cause that would be crossing the line.

Just cause Brazil isn't as pretty as America, Canada, England, or some of the other European countries doesn't mean their culture shouldn't be respected. Doesn't mean their flag shouldn't be respected. Doesn't matter if it is wrestling, MMA, boxing, soccer, disrespect is disrespect no matter what banner it is that is doing it.

So yeah... read what I'm saying... this isn't about wrestling being real or fake... that has nothing to do with it. It has EVERYTHING to do with RESPECT for a country and their flag.

Reactions: 1 person

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Situation seems like a massive over reaction to me, but technically he broke the law so he deserves some sort of mild punishment.

I'm with Primetime though, it smells rather fishy and seems rather coincidental. To me, an apology was enough because by indefinitely suspending him, you're more likely to bring about negative press. Hell, the WWE could have let Jericho off with a warning and the apology, but have him make a donation to a local Brazilian charity or something as that would have turned a negative in a positive.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wrestling is as fake to me as your sense of humor.

The FACT here is... there is a cultural difference between America and Brazil.

The FACT here is... Brazil takes a lot more pride and respect in their country then America.

The FACT here is... Brazil holds their flag in much higher regard than America.

I mean are you getting this? My post has nothing to do with wrestling but has everything to do with respecting a country and what their flag stands for. Yeah JBL did the stomp in Germany... Okay. I'm sure they said something in back to him about that. And Punk calling someone a homo? Really that is nowhere near the level of taking the flag of a COUNTRY and kicking it. That is flat out disrespecting that country and their flag. This has nothing to do with wrestling being PG, heels being heels. There are plenty ways to be a heel. Hell Chael has said everything you can against Brazilians but have you EVER... even ONCE seen him do anything at all to their flag? No. He is heeling it up big time and doing a lot of talking but he isn't stupid enough to take their flag and do anything to it cause that would be crossing the line.

Just cause Brazil isn't as pretty as America, Canada, England, or some of the other European countries doesn't mean their culture shouldn't be respected. Doesn't mean their flag shouldn't be respected. Doesn't matter if it is wrestling, MMA, boxing, soccer, disrespect is disrespect no matter what banner it is that is doing it.

So yeah... read what I'm saying... this isn't about wrestling being real or fake... that has nothing to do with it. It has EVERYTHING to do with RESPECT for a country and their flag.
And respect for a country's customs.

Americans sure as fuck wouldn't like it if someone showed up at a wrestling event applauding 9/11.

The Prince

Reaction score
Well, I'm one that has a problem with you desecrating our flag, the American. So, yeah, it's about respect. It means something to me and I'm sure the Brazil flag means something to the Brazilians. And, just to be on record, the whole DX thing with the Canadian flag up his nose went too far then. There are just some boundaries we need to ...dare I say...respect.

In essence yes but the whole DX Canada thing was way to funny and im Canadian , although it is a respect thing i mean come on we are supposed to be civilized here .

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
In essence yes but the whole DX Canada thing was way to funny and im Canadian , although it is a respect thing i mean come on we are supposed to be civilized here .
Exactly, the Canada/US stuff was different because the whole idea of Canadians and Americans going to war against each other is utterly hilarious.

There should be a cartoon about it.... oh wait there was...

southpark.jpg

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He disrespected laws and customs he didn't understand so he deserves some sort of repercussion but it shouldn't be too severe if he don't know them. Oh wait... I hate wrestling fans that don't study their backgrounds and I knew these laws already so he deserves a punishment on their actual legal system. He'll be back on TV at some point but this hurts his feud with Orton if he stays off longer than No Way Out. I don't care about Fozzy either. They shouldn't exist they get in the way of a good wrestler wrestling more so than other countries laws.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So you can't be a heel anymore?

PC bullshit at its finest.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
In this business, you have seen so many things. I can go on and on but the fact is that it's all about a flag. A flag is a pretty important embodiment of a country which is understandable but this is WRESTLING! Don't you get it this is scripted and this is all for entertainment. Do you think he seriously meant it? This is entertainment where Jericho wanted to do it to get more heat. You don't suspend a legend in this company for something like this, I could see possibly someone coming up but Jericho? Once again a complete lack of respect shown to a guy who's been wrestling for 20 years now. It makes me sick all because he crumpled up a flag yet Shawn Michaels did the exact dam thing in 2005 on national television. You are out of your mind and you do believe its real then if this is meant in that context. You make me laugh if you agree with this disciplined to a guy that's been in the industry for so many years and has done so much. You don't do it to a veteran like that plain and simple. Fuck Brazil and their dumbass politics, they might want to go arrest some real criminals in their polluted country of criminals. This is an absolute joke.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
In this business, you have seen so many things. I can go on and on but the fact is that it's all about a flag. A flag is a pretty important embodiment of a country which is understandable but this is WRESTLING! Don't you get it this is scripted and this is all for entertainment. Do you think he seriously meant it? This is entertainment where Jericho wanted to do it to get more heat. You don't suspend a legend in this company for something like this, I could see possibly someone coming up but Jericho? Once again a complete lack of respect shown to a guy who's been wrestling for 20 years now. It makes me sick all because he crumpled up a flag yet Shawn Michaels did the exact dam thing in 2005 on national television. You are out of your mind and you do believe its real then if this is meant in that context. You make me laugh if you agree with this disciplined to a guy that's been in the industry for so many years and has done so much. You don't do it to a veteran like that plain and simple. Fuck Brazil and their dumbass politics, they might want to go arrest some real criminals in their polluted country of criminals. This is an absolute joke.

Execution trumps intention. Whether or not Jericho meant it is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, he did it. Whether scripted or not(and it sounds like it wasn't scripted) it was disrespectful, end of story. We get it, you like Jericho, so do I, but that doesn't change the fact that he was wrong on this one. How would the WWE look if one of their guys broke a law punishable by possible arrest and they just let him slide? They lose all credibility with their "anti bully" and "Be a star" campaigns. Plus they'd potentially lose the Brazilian market, and since the WWE is a global juggarnaut, I don't think hey want that. Jericho was wrong, end of story. Hopefully the next time he goes to a country he's unfamiliar with, he reads on up a few laws so that everyone can avoid this. But trying to act like he's a martyr cause he's a veteran is completely short sighted.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
So the PG era and anti bullying campaign is in full effect. Let's not forget about Linda's good ol debate run that won't go anywhere. I always try to be positive with WWE and usually am but stuff like this is still cringe worthy. There isn't a damn thing that can convince me but whatever you got to make sure the failed campaign goes strong. God forbid someone does something disrespectful, it isn't the first time. Extremely short sighted? So if Triple H or Taker did this, they get suspended to? Psh yeah whatever you say.