Beth to Raw to keep Punk happy?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Can i ask what it is people actually don't like about Punk? I know there's haters for pretty much anyone but i always found Punk entertaining.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
He's pretty bad in the ring, but ring work doesn't matter. He's perfect at everything else, so there's no legitimate reason for dislike.

I happen to be one of the people who do appreciate actual talent.

You mark for Jeff Hardy. I'm sorry, but you revoked your opinion pass the second you revealed that in public.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Punk isn't even bad in the ring. Guy has his fair share of good matches in the WWE. He just had two really good matches with Orton if you want to point to something recent.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Is it 'sloppiness'? Or that his style doesn't really translate well to the WWE style? But yeah, i can understand that view.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Can i ask what it is people actually don't like about Punk? I know there's haters for pretty much anyone but i always found Punk entertaining.

• Love the mic skills
  • Love the in ring work even though it iniitally looks a bot different from the norm because he can out right work with almost anyone and have a good match
  • Love the ability to be face and heel

• Hate the people who ignore that his ceiling isn't that of a top tier guy just like Jericho's was because he doesn't appeal to as many people as guys like Orton (3rd generation), Cena, Miz, HHH, Dave, Edge, Rey, and those guys.
  • Hate the fact that people try to act like he can be an honest threat to Cena, Orton, Taker, Rey, Big Show, and those guys when he has never been booked as one. He has had stables on his side and still got bitched out, yet they refuse to admit it. They write it off as him being a heel, but don't fucking get that Orton, HHH, HBK, Taker, Austin, and any other great main 'A' level heel in WWE comes out on top at a proportiaonate rate to which they drop big matches, especially when they have the odds stacked in their favor. Hell Nexus led by a rookie was a bigger threat than Punk's Nexus, and he got his ass kicked by Rey in 4 and 3 on 1 situations. Yet these guys get pissed off and act like it is something knew when he winds up face down and ass up versus any top tier talent in a high profile match. He isn't booked to be seen as great as people on the net make him out as being booked, and the fact is he has never been given a world title when a show isn't in transition (Raw in signature pharmacy, SD losing Jeff and markets) because they don't have that faith in him, just like they don't in Jericho being the main go to guy.
It is like talking to uber Christian fanatics who still can't admit he was never even TNA champ when they brought in the top guys, was the lowest rated ECW champ, and was by far the least over member of those legendary tag team tlc wars.

It comes down to reality vs inflated expectations some have of what he should and can be to me. He isn't pushed like Miz, Rey, HHH, etc because on his best day, he can't help the bottom line or get attention like them. People forget it is still a business, not a video game fantasy come to life at times

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Oh my god you seriously must have microsoft word open and copy and paste that Punk is a uppercarder for life stuff. That has nothing to do with what was brought up :no:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He said, what don't you like about Punk? I basically said I don't like some of his disciples who bitch about how he is being screwed for not being pushed as what he can't honestly ever be, which is one of the handfull of top faces of the company. It gets old at times.

SAL

Reaction score
He said, what don't you like about Punk? I basically said I don't like some of his disciples who bitch about how he is being screwed for not being pushed as what he can't honestly ever be, which is one of the handfull of top faces of the company. It gets old at times.

So, you like everything about Punk, but you don't like the people who like everything about Punk. Got it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Of course people are gonna bitch that's why they are called fans. People want to see their favorite wrestlers get pushed it's basic. Plus we aren't talking about a guy who never won the world title or never main evented a PPV. He's done those things. Don't matter why he did it or his ceiling or whatever fact is it's on his resume.

The day I'll sit there and not get annoyed by the broken record Miz and etc, etc have a higher ceiling stuff is when he is past his prime won't possibly have the chance again. For now though the man is only 32 years of age (2 years older than Miz I should point out) While I respect your opinion the fact that you're talking about him like he is near the end of his career like Jericho let alone that you say it every single time Punk's name comes up is what irks me.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So, you like everything about Punk, but you don't like the people who like everything about Punk. Got it.
Same thing that came to mind as well.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I compared him to Y2J (and foley) , not I wear a suit and monotone Chris Jericho when I first made the comparison. He falls on his face like that character did all too often to be taken as a serious main level threat for me

I don't like reading people who have the expectations of him going over Orton and those guys at that level and come off as pissed off when he doesn't do it. They basically ignore that he has never come out on top in those situations in the past and set themselves up with false hope, like the Christian for World Champ people, then bitch and act like there is something in his wwe past that makes them think he would have come out ahead

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's what I'm saying though we look back and say that is why Jericho never got to that high level of being one of the faces of the company. At the time though there was no telling how big Jericho could have gotten esp considering he had his own outside of wrestling exposure in his band. So for Punk I'm saying he got a good amount of prime years left ahead if he wants them so no telling how the rest of his career will end up.

And like I said you expect people to say I'm happy Punk lost cause he isn't on Orton's level? Don't make any sense. We don't own stock in WWE we're fans and Punk is someone who is one of the best overall talents the WWE has so those two things together of course people are going to want the man as one of the faces of the company even if it may or may not ever happen. If Vince decided tomorrow he wanted to push Punk to the moon to make him a huge star then it will happen ceiling or no ceiling.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Nice to see Psych being a headcase as usual.

Punk isn't even bad in the ring. Guy has his fair share of good matches in the WWE. He just had two really good matches with Orton if you want to point to something recent.

Not really, the only person he's ever had any chemistry with is Morrison. Orton is even worse in the ring than Punk, their matches are incredibly forgettable.

Is it 'sloppiness'? Or that his style doesn't really translate well to the WWE style? But yeah, i can understand that view.

It's not sloppiness, he's got the best moveset in the WWE (which is why so many people think he can wrestle and Cena can't. The exact opposite is true, of course) and he performs his moves smoothly, but there isn't a proper structure to his matches. I guess you could say it doesn't translate to WWE style, I don't know how to explain it as such. I only have the idea in my head of what I'm talking about.

SAL

Reaction score
I compared him to Y2J (and foley) , not I wear a suit and monotone Chris Jericho when I first made the comparison. He falls on his face like that character did all too often to be taken as a serious main level threat for me

I don't like reading people who have the expectations of him going over Orton and those guys at that level and come off as pissed off when he doesn't do it. They basically ignore that he has never come out on top in those situations in the past and set themselves up with false hope, like the Christian for World Champ people, then bitch and act like there is something in his wwe past that makes them think he would have come out ahead

Oh yeah, nobody should go over Orton, he's fucking amazing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nice to see Psych being a headcase as usual.

Not really, the only person he's ever had any chemistry with is Morrison. Orton is even worse in the ring than Punk, their matches are incredibly forgettable.

It's not sloppiness, he's got the best moveset in the WWE (which is why so many people think he can wrestle and Cena can't. The exact opposite is true, of course) and he performs his moves smoothly, but there isn't a proper structure to his matches. I guess you could say it doesn't translate to WWE style, I don't know how to explain it as such. I only have the idea in my head of what I'm talking about.
Meh just a matter of opinion since you hate the high flying style so his chemistry with Rey isn't gonna be something you care for of course. Thought his match with Orton was the 2nd best of mania but to each their own.