Benoit thoughts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weez

Reaction score
He's already in the Pro Football Hall of Fame??? He was put in, in 1985...

OJ was also given the luxury of a trial and while guilty in Public Opinion he was cleared.

The Benoit situation really has little comparison. Which is why most forums ignore the subject to this day. Good Discussion so far.

Pretty sure he was removed from the HOF tho after the trial. Wasn't he?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Pretty sure he was removed from the HOF tho after the trial. Wasn't he?

If thats the case that kind of is bullshit as he was found not guilty. But thats another topic for another thread.

I'm not a fan of ignoring the past and acting like it didn't happen Benoit is a part of company history. He was a great performer. No you don't need to glorify him or praise him overly. But you can admit what he did and enjoy the performance is all I'm personally conveying.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
On another note, I do agree with WWE themselves ignoring Benoit because they're really in a tough predicament with him and fans bitching about him not being on .com or whatever are just annoying

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Not sure OJ was removed, but also when he was inducted he had done nothing ( ie. murder his ex wife) that would sway his eligibility..... As for Benoit, this is something we know he has done... and for me it just 100% overshadows anything he ever did in the ring.. be it ECW, WCW, WWE or whatever....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah Benoit will never be in the HOF and I don't understand why some people don't get that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
On another note, I do agree with WWE themselves ignoring Benoit because they're really in a tough predicament with him and fans bitching about him not being on .com or whatever are just annoying

I don't mind them ignoring him in passing but I feel at times they do need to admit he existed. They have recently improved on the issue.

Weez

Reaction score
If thats the case that kind of is bullshit as he was found not guilty. But thats another topic for another thread.

I'm not a fan of ignoring the past and acting like it didn't happen Benoit is a part of company history. He was a great performer. No you don't need to glorify him or praise him overly. But you can admit what he did and enjoy the performance is all I'm personally conveying.

While him being a great performer or not is a topic for another thread in another decade lol, I agree with the WWE's stance. I have no problem with, when it's topical, to discuss Benoit, much like the "Mark out Moment" mention earlier. My problem is with those that have the delusional stance of apologizing for what he did, making up excuses for his actions and pretending that it didn't happen. Its like when the bad stuff comes up they put their fingers in their ears and start yelling "LALALALALALALALA." I don't care if you loved him as a performer. I can respect that opinion. I can't respect the opinion that what he did in the ring is the only thing that matters. (Not saying that's YOUR stance, in any of this lol)

Also, Credit guys, This is the most civil discussion of this topic I've EVER been apart of. Goddamn, when I was moderating the THQ WWE forums, I'd have to shut down "BENOIT TRIBUTE THREADS' and "FUCK BENOIT ROT IN HELL" Threads every single week. Jesus Harold Christ.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't mind them ignoring him in passing but I feel at times they do need to admit he existed. They have recently improved on the issue.

"2 people have won the royal rumble starting at number 1. Shawn Michaels was the first..........two men have won starting at number 30." 8D

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they almost brough more attention to him (in DVD's and whatever) by trying to blurr him out of matches.... Think it would be ALOT easier to just add a discalimer to the videos saying that it mat contain images of a performer that WWE no longer wishes to be associated with, or something like that.... I mean, I'm pretty sure anyone buying any of the DVD's knows who he is...

Weez

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they almost brough more attention to him (in DVD's and whatever) by trying to blurr him out of matches.... Think it would be ALOT easier to just add a discalimer to the videos saying that it mat contain images of a performer that WWE no longer wishes to be associated with, or something like that.... I mean, I'm pretty sure anyone buying any of the DVD's knows who he is...

I haven't seen any of that lol. Why the hell wouldn't they just pick another match? Like do you have any matches or dvds specifically? I'm not asking for sources, I just kinda wanna go see what they did.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Oh I don't have any specifics off hand (not a dvd purchaser) but I'm pretty sure they've blurred out his image, muted out his name, etc..... in PPV releases.... again, I dont buy them so I could be wrong but I'm damn near positive it's been done...

Miss D

Reaction score
hey guys have not been on here in a while but though i'd chime in I think we should able to keep benoit the killer and benoit the wrestler as two different people and i feel bad for his family and Nancy's family also guys like Randy Orton who can not have his 1st title win on a dvd or the other guys who had great matches but can not have them on display

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I haven't seen any of that lol. Why the hell wouldn't they just pick another match? Like do you have any matches or dvds specifically? I'm not asking for sources, I just kinda wanna go see what they did.

I think in DVDs of others like if someone has won the belt off of him they'll blur him or block his name. It was prominent right after it happened.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I think in DVDs of others like if someone has won the belt off of him they'll blur him or block his name. It was prominent right after it happened.

yeah, I think they've done less of it in recent releases

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Having brain damage doesn't give him a free pass to kill his family and get away with it.

He was still mindful enough to ring in work with an excuse why he'd miss the PPV, and went about his daily activities normally because nobody spotted anything weird.

I get he was a much loved performer (strangely enough this seems to have grown after he became a murderer, I don't remember there being many Benoit fans back in the day) but almost campaigning for him to be included more is sick, and those that can't accept why he won't be in the HOF must have mushed up brains just like their homicidal idol.