Benoit thoughts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Hitler was also beloved after Poland by several thousand. That comparison really is apples and oranges.

He murdered people before that did he entertain you?

If Emilio Estevez Murdered Martin and Charlie Sheen for changing their last names from Estevez I'd still tell you that The Mighty Ducks Trilogy is the greatest sports trilogy of all time.

and Rocky Balboa would come clock your ass from here(Philly) straight out deep into the Atlantic.... Creed, Creed rematch, Clubber Lang.... for the WIN!!!

sorry for going off topic but C'MON!!!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hitler always had an agenda though, he manipulated people for years to get where he wanted. As far as I know, Benoit didn't plan this for too long so this comparison is going nowhere.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Hitler always had an agenda though, he manipulated people for years to get where he wanted. As far as I know, Benoit didn't plan this for too long so this comparison is going nowhere.

Come on Chris, We've been on here long enough together for me to know that you aren't naive enough to take comparisons like this as 100% apples to apples.... I think the point was that when your actions take you to a point of global unforgivedness no matter the extent, then anything you may have done prior to your turn, no longer matters.... of course nobody makes a list of evil and puts Chris Benoit and Adolf Hitler anywhere near each other on said list

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
and Rocky Balboa would come clock your ass from here(Philly) straight out deep into the Atlantic.... Creed, Creed rematch, Clubber Lang.... for the WIN!!!

sorry for going off topic but C'MON!!!!

Rocky isn't a trilogy you Jabroni Metaphor still works.

Weez

Reaction score
To make such a rash generalization like there are those with CTE that haven't done it so he doesn't deserve any excuse is appalling at best. CTE is a serious medical condition and yeah not everyone that has it has killed their family. But there are those that wound up killing themselves without any signs of depression or any other sort of emotional trauma.

It doesn't excuse what he did. But the fact that his brain was literally mush could mean that possibly his mind wasn't completely there when those acts happened. It isn't completely confirmed that he had his full mental capacity intact when it happened and it isn't confirmed it wasn't. But to make generalizations like that is just... ignorant.

But I will still say that I can watch his matches. And I'm not making any excuses for his actions.

No, Slim. It's "appalling" to be an apologist for a murderer. To me, to say "I don't love what he did but I love him for who he was" is "appalling." Obviously, I'm not quoting YOU here, but that's the sentiment that drives me crazy.

Congratulations for falling for my "ignorant" comment. Yes, I made an intentionally ignorant comment because I knew someone would say "Hey that's fucking dumb!" or something to that extent. I think it's pretty damn "ignorant" to give a murderer an excuse as to why his actions are acceptable or forgivable. Of course, no one with the opinion contrary to mine would ever ADMIT they're forgiving him and accepting what he did, but that's exactly what they're fucking doing. It's a disservice to Nancy and Daniel. It's repugnant.

I can confirm 100% that he did not, in fact, have full mental capacity when he murdered his wife and child. People with full mental capacity don't murder their wife and child. Research into Concussion trauma is in such an infantile state (much more so in 2007) that to just give a blanket excuse of "his brain was mush" is, for lack of a better word "ignorant."

Oh, and I can watch Benoit matches. I don't go out of my way. The guy was overrated. True story.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
No, Slim. It's "appalling" to be an apologist for a murderer. To me, to say "I don't love what he did but I love him for who he was" is "appalling." Obviously, I'm not quoting YOU here, but that's the sentiment that drives me crazy.

Congratulations for falling for my "ignorant" comment. Yes, I made an intentionally ignorant comment because I knew someone would say "Hey that's fucking dumb!" or something to that extent. I think it's pretty damn "ignorant" to give a murderer an excuse as to why his actions are acceptable or forgivable. Of course, no one with the opinion contrary to mine would ever ADMIT they're forgiving him and accepting what he did, but that's exactly what they're fucking doing. It's a disservice to Nancy and Daniel. It's repugnant.

I can confirm 100% that he did not, in fact, have full mental capacity when he murdered his wife and child. People with full mental capacity don't murder their wife and child. Research into Concussion trauma is in such an infantile state (much more so in 2007) that to just give a blanket excuse of "his brain was mush" is, for lack of a better word "ignorant."

Oh, and I can watch Benoit matches. I don't go out of my way. The guy was overrated. True story.

Jesus I know Weez from long enough back to know that he has always thought that Benoit was over rated. Just backing the statement not changing my view.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
ok I now submit that Mighty Ducks is the only sports trilogy, therefore it only is the best by default.... and therefore subimit that it is only passable because the first was kinda good.....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Back on topic, I don't try and defend Benoit for what he did and I've never said anything positive about him as a person, but I still enjoy watching his matches when I watch and old PPV or Raw and he's on it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
ok I now submit that Mighty Ducks is the only sports trilogy, therefore it only is the best by default.... and therefore subimit that it is only passable because the first was kinda good.....

Major League Trilogy
Slap Shots Trilogy

It's also the best because it is the only set of sports movies that was good enough to warrant 3 movies and smart enough to stop when it started to go down hill at 3(unlike your beloved Rocky). It has earned it's spot sir. Metaphor still works.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Benoit Thread.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Back on topic, I don't try and defend Benoit for what he did and I've never said anything positive about him as a person, but I still enjoy watching his matches when I watch and old PPV or Raw and he's on it.

I agree with you here Chris, I don't ever let his presence take away from what I'm watching but I think the argument is more centered on the praise of the guy...... like I know OJ was a crazy good running back and I know Benoit was a crazy good wrestler but I don't see people clammoring for OJ to be included in the NFL Hall of Fame stuff

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree with you here Chris, I don't ever let his presence take away from what I'm watching but I think the argument is more centered on the praise of the guy...... like I know OJ was a crazy good running back and I know Benoit was a crazy good wrestler but I don't see people clammoring for OJ to be included in the NFL Hall of Fame stuff

Then there's really no argument here because I don't think he should be defended or praised (though I will consider to say how good he was if his name is brought up in a wrestling capacity)

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

He's already in the Pro Football Hall of Fame??? He was put in, in 1985...

OJ was also given the luxury of a trial and while guilty in Public Opinion he was cleared.

The Benoit situation really has little comparison. Which is why most forums ignore the subject to this day. Good Discussion so far.

Last edited:

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I guess my point was more directed at those who believe he should be in the WWE hall of fame..... my apologies if I incorrectly included you in that group..

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
He's already in the Pro Football Hall of Fame??? He was put in, in 1985...

yes but he is no longer invited to any of the festivities and for lack of expunging him from the record, is only a name on a bust