Benoit thoughts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So we all know the story it's been everywhere it's been a shit ton of years so I'm opening up the discussion.

Do you think he did it? Why? Does it effect your opinion of the wrestler?

Myself I'm sure he did indeed do it I don't subscribe to the conspiracy's out there. Most likely it was just cause he was kinda twisted and couldn't handle things pretty much the norm.

As far as my opinion of the wrestler it have very little effect in my mind. I can separate the two things why he did in the ring was great the tragic way he ended his and his families life was horrible, and I hate the man. But before all that he entertained me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Echo your thoughts completely, it took a few years but I'm able to watch all his old stuff now without the tragedy in my mind. Still was one of the best, just a shame the way the final days went down.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He murdered his kid so is forever a piece of shit, as a wrestler though he was fine.

He matched up well with a lot of guys. Got a bit formulaic by the end though, sort of like Kurt Angle is now, or RVD was in WWE in his previous run. WWE were doing the right thing sending him to ECW to wind down his career.

Terrible mic guy, and I will forever hate him for spawning a bunch of copycat vanilla midgets like Davey Richards and Danielson who think shouting, thowing chops and kicks like they are going out of fashion and looking INTENSE makes you a badass.

Sigma Manatee

Reaction score
I don't hate him for what he done. I believe his mind was basically mush by this point, and the man who committed the atrocities was not the Benoit that many knew and loved. Jericho makes some very good points about it in his book.

I can understand WWE's issue with promoting him in anyway, due to the negativity around the whole situation. I do think that blanking him from DVD's and matches is just a tad ridiculous and OTT however.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Of course he did it, because he's famous though people look for conspiracy theories. He's a piece of shit simple as that, killing his own son and wife there is no excuse for that. Whether he was Blue, roided out or whatever he still did it, Chris still killed his family. To just pass it off as "oh it wasn't the real Chris Benoit" just shits on the lives of Nancy and Daniel.

Of course he did it, because he's famous though people look for conspiracy theories. He's a piece of shit simple as that, killing his own son and wife there is no excuse for that. Whether he was Blue, roided out or whatever he still did it, Chris still killed his family. To just pass it off as "oh it wasn't the real Chris Benoit" just shits on the lives of Nancy and Daniel.

Weez

Reaction score
Of course he did it. I loved the guy before it happened. I followed him most of his career. I cried when he won the goddamn world title. He was a great wrestler. None of that matters anymore.

He brutally murdered his wife and special-needs child. There is no amount of suplexes and toothless smiles on WWE home video that can make up for that. He's a murderer. Period. While I understand this is a bit drastic a comparison but, how many times have you heard people talk about all the GOOD things Hitler did in his life?

No.

All of that is completely pointless and worthless. I'm glad WWE doesn't promote or mention him in any way. He deserves far, far worse. It makes me absolutely SICK for people that glorify the fucking guy, and pretend that you can separate what he was before with what he was then. If you were a personal friend of Chris Benoit, then I retract that statement. Otherwise, DILLIGAF? Between the 3 forums I've been a part of since 2007, I've gotten so goddamn tired of seeing this "This space reserved for the Memory of Chris Benoit." or the Benoit Sigs

Fuck Chris Benoit and stop fucking glamorizing a murderer. Please.

I also have a BIG fucking issue with the WWE turning Daniel Bryan into a goddamn Benoit Clone. The guy is too talented to be put into someone elses fucking gimmick. I don't want to see Benoit on video. I dont' want to hear them mention him. I don't want to see him in my WWE 2k14 Video game, and I dont' want to see one of my favorite wrestlers for nearly a decade turning into a Benoit Shadow Puppet.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I was at one point the biggest Benoit mark around... but, for god's sake he killed his son, an innocent child... that gets no forgiveness in my book... anything he may have accomplished beforehand is moot to me... I respect the opinion of anyone who can look past what he did as it is their opinion and everyone has the right to have one but for me it all ends with what he did...

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Of course he did it. I loved the guy before it happened. I followed him most of his career. I cried when he won the goddamn world title. He was a great wrestler. None of that matters anymore.

He brutally murdered his wife and special-needs child. There is no amount of suplexes and toothless smiles on WWE home video that can make up for that. He's a murderer. Period. While I understand this is a bit drastic a comparison but, how many times have you heard people talk about all the GOOD things Hitler did in his life?

No.

All of that is completely pointless and worthless. I'm glad WWE doesn't promote or mention him in any way. He deserves far, far worse. It makes me absolutely SICK for people that glorify the fucking guy, and pretend that you can separate what he was before with what he was then. If you were a personal friend of Chris Benoit, then I retract that statement. Otherwise, DILLIGAF? Between the 3 forums I've been a part of since 2007, I've gotten so goddamn tired of seeing this "This space reserved for the Memory of Chris Benoit." or the Benoit Sigs

Fuck Chris Benoit and stop fucking glamorizing a murderer. Please.

I also have a BIG fucking issue with the WWE turning Daniel Bryan into a goddamn Benoit Clone. The guy is too talented to be put into someone elses fucking gimmick. I don't want to see Benoit on video. I dont' want to hear them mention him. I don't want to see him in my WWE 2k14 Video game, and I dont' want to see one of my favorite wrestlers for nearly a decade turning into a Benoit Shadow Puppet.

You know I almost did the hitler comparison myself. But I don't know enough of hitler prior to the whole kill all non germans thing. I kept trying to think of a similar situation but I couldn't closest other comparison I can think of is maybe OJ or MJ but neither of them were found guilty.

Weez

Reaction score
You know I almost did the hitler comparison myself. But I don't know enough of hitler prior to the whole kill all non germans thing. I kept trying to think of a similar situation but I couldn't closest other comparison I can think of is maybe OJ or MJ but neither of them were found guilty.

I don't either, but If he won 11 Nobel Peace Prizes prior to the Holocaust, would it matter?

No, for the counter points coming, No, I don't think Benoit is Hitler-level evil. Different ring of Hell if you believe in that sort of thing. But I also hate the apologists who say "Oh, his brain was fucked."

Personally, if You're able to take the life of someone else, especially the woman you said you'd love until death do you part, and the seed of your union, I think you're brain's fucked to begin with, brain damage or no.

We've got guys all over with Concussion Syndrome or whatever the fuck they're calling it now with wives that are the opposite of dead. Kids that are also the opposite of dead. We've got too damn many people in this world apologizing and making excuses for everyone who fucks up. SOmetimes people just fuck up and sometimes people are just pieces of shit that don't deserve to live.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
It's just crazy to me... There is zero doubt what he did and still people glorify the things he has previously done...... I've stated in earlier threads, you dont see Harvard University honoring the academic work of Ted Kaczynski.... When you take an innocent child's life, you lose the right to any credit for anything you've ever done before... sorry that's just the way it is

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But on the other hand, if let's say the question was "which was the better mark out moment? Benoit winning the belt or Miz winning the belt" I'm gonna say Benoit because that's the truth, it was the better moment. What he did changes how I view him now but it can't change how entertained I was before by him.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
No, for the counter points coming, No, I don't think Benoit is Hitler-level evil. Different ring of Hell if you believe in that sort of thing. But I also hate the apologists who say "Oh, his brain was fucked."

Personally, if You're able to take the life of someone else, especially the woman you said you'd love until death do you part, and the seed of your union, I think you're brain's fucked to begin with, brain damage or no.

We've got guys all over with Concussion Syndrome or whatever the fuck they're calling it now with wives that are the opposite of dead. Kids that are also the opposite of dead. We've got too damn many people in this world apologizing and making excuses for everyone who fucks up. SOmetimes people just fuck up and sometimes people are just pieces of shit that don't deserve to live.

To make such a rash generalization like there are those with CTE that haven't done it so he doesn't deserve any excuse is appalling at best. CTE is a serious medical condition and yeah not everyone that has it has killed their family. But there are those that wound up killing themselves without any signs of depression or any other sort of emotional trauma.

It doesn't excuse what he did. But the fact that his brain was literally mush could mean that possibly his mind wasn't completely there when those acts happened. It isn't completely confirmed that he had his full mental capacity intact when it happened and it isn't confirmed it wasn't. But to make generalizations like that is just... ignorant.

But I will still say that I can watch his matches. And I'm not making any excuses for his actions.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Even if his brain was mush he still did it, our society always wants to create excuses for everything thesedays. He still did it, nothing changes that.

And I know the Hitler comparison is extreme but prior to Nazi Germany invading Poland, Hitler was beloved. Even when he was a part of the Nazi party other world leaders were great friends with the guy. He had the support and backing of America, England, etc. Henry Ford was a big supporter of him etc. Even supporting the Nazi party (different times) But you can bet when the concentration camps popped up and he started massacring millions of people they all turned on him.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
To make such a rash generalization like there are those with CTE that haven't done it so he doesn't deserve any excuse is appalling at best. CTE is a serious medical condition and yeah not everyone that has it has killed their family. But there are those that wound up killing themselves without any signs of depression or any other sort of emotional trauma.

It doesn't excuse what he did. But the fact that his brain was literally mush could mean that possibly his mind wasn't completely there when those acts happened. It isn't completely confirmed that he had his full mental capacity intact when it happened and it isn't confirmed it wasn't. But to make generalizations like that is just... ignorant.

But I will still say that I can watch his matches. And I'm not making any excuses for his actions.

just realized that I honestly haven't watched a single Benoit match since any of this went down... don't know that I've purposely avoided it but I guess it's possible since I feel as strongly as I do...... but time has passed and I will make a point to watch a match or 2 and see exactly how I feel now.....

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Even if his brain was mush he still did it, our society always wants to create excuses for everything thesedays. He still did it, nothing changes that.

And I know the Hitler comparison is extreme but prior to Nazi Germany invading Poland, Hitler was beloved. Even when he was a part of the Nazi party other world leaders were great friends with the guy. He had the support and backing of America, England, etc. Henry Ford was a big supporter of him etc. Even supporting the Nazi party (different times) But you can bet when the concentration camps popped up and he started massacring millions of people they all turned on him.

Hitler was also beloved after Poland by several thousand. That comparison really is apples and oranges.

He murdered people before that did he entertain you?

If Emilio Estevez Murdered Martin and Charlie Sheen for changing their last names from Estevez I'd still tell you that The Mighty Ducks Trilogy is the greatest sports trilogy of all time.