Aww Man! Cena is INJURED!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

The news section is down, so I'll post this here for now.

Details are still sketchy but the word coming from backstage at the Raw taping is that WWE champion John Cena is believed to have suffered a torn right pectoral muscle during his main event match against Ken Kennedy. He is tentatively scheduled to undergo a MRI tomorrow to examine the severity of the injury. I don't have to tell anyone reading this what a major blow this would be to the entire company if Cena needs to be out for any extended period of time.

The injury appeared to happen during a botched hiptoss on Kennedy that ended awkwardly with Kennedy landing atop Cena. Cena then nailed an armdrag. The two ended up in the corner, which led to a clean break. Cena backed up to the opposite corner and was obviously favoring his arm immediately. Cena gutted through the match and post-bout angle with Randy Orton, where he was laid out following a RKO on the announcer's table.

Cena is scheduled to main event the No Mercy PPV this Sunday in Chicago, Illinois against Orton in a Last Man Standing Man.

03mnm

Reaction score
Oh crap this is might be a big lose for the WWE as their franchise is out. Love Cena or hate him but you got to admire his work mentality for not giving and still carring on with the match.

PeepShow

People, dont get your hopes up just yet. I wont beileve it or any confirmations for that matter, untill I actually see the belt around somebody elses waist

The Rated R CMStar

I wouldn't believe this changes Raw main event, but it can be just a play, like when they played the injury card in the feud Umaga vs John Cena

And say what you want, that this will make space for others to shine...Bullshit! WWE needs Cena and to lose it will be caotic

3lions

Reaction score
This is the biggest loss WWE has suffered in the past five years. Cena is their #1 guy and is more important to the company than ANY other guy (including Triple H). I noticed during the match that Cena was holding his right arm and spent a majority of the match punching with his left hand, so that said a lot.

As for this being an opportunity for new stars to shine, gimme a break. If Cena needs to time time off (which is very likely), Orton will win the strap at No Mercy and Triple H's push will begin sooner than planned. Don't expect Cody rhodes to suddenly be catapulted to the ME ...

I bet Orton is rubbing his hands together right now. He finally gets a World Title reign and will be able to 'kill the legend of Cena's Title reign.'

LKP

Oh crap this is might be a big lose for the WWE as their franchise is out. Love Cena or hate him but you got to admire his work mentality for not giving and still carring on with the match.

No hhh did it two times mate cena just doesnt want to lose his belt and fans. Yeah hes tough but we all now ortons time to shine is now. HHH vs orton through the fall was going to happen anyways so its just put things right. Cena is filming soon so everything is falling into plan without realising it. People like carlito, umaga, mr kennedy need tos tep up on raw now. I bet you Austin has foned kennedy and told him to step up, they are mates and i think austin wants kennedy to suceed. I love kennedy even more now injuring cena:).

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
If he's injured....he has a perfect excuse since Orton did beat the hell out of him to end the show. So they could say that the beating he received on RAW plus the brutal Last Man Standing was too much for him to overcome.

Obviously, Orton appears to benefit from this the most in the short term which is totally fine with me. It is a HUGE blow to the company considering Cena is the biggest star in the WWE. If it's a torn muscle, he might be able to at least do the match at No Mercy. I'd assume he'll be going for several opinions this week just to see how bad it is and how much worse it could get.

Kaedon

Reaction score
The Champ.................Is.................ARGH MY PEC!!!!

C4

Damn, this is huge for the other talent but really bad for John Cena and the WWE, for how much time will he be out? WWE has really suffered a big loss, Finally the prayers have been answered and John Cena is injured. I don't hate Cena neither do I like him it's like 50-50 but following July-August when his Championship reign was being dragged I started to hate John Cena and like all the other guys who competed with him. He is the #1 Babyface in the WWE but I have always supported Ric Flair's Idea of turning John Cena heel when his Championship reign gets boring to twist things around and continue with the reign, just like Bash at the Beach when Hogan turned heel, the Storyline turned out to be great. I wish John Cena is out for some 3-5 weeks and then returns to win the WWE Championship again - only this time as a heel.

Soulpower

I noticed during the match that Cena was holding his right arm and spent a majority of the match punching with his left hand, so that said a lot.

Not only that but the finish was a bit abrupt. Cena didn't even lock in the STFU and Kennedy was already tapping out. Even for Cena that finish came out of nowhere. This just hasn't been a good year for WWE.

Bradders

Reaction score
This is a real shame, RAW and the WWE in general are lacking big names right now. The PPV match may not go ahead if Cena can't complete a simple match against Kennedy.