Ask This Guy a Question

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Yo, so I have this 360. It was traded to me a while ago for certain things I had that the other person really needed because they had no money (gotta love addicts)

Anyway, it is one of the original models and when it runs it does work but the sound from it is beastly. Like it has asthma or some shit.

Anyway, when I got it it was the system only. No cords or controllers or anything like that, so I have to buy all of that ish.

Now before I go and invest the money is it even worth it with the model I have? Is there anything I can do to extend its playing life?

no cords could be a problem as Microsoft does not sell the Power Cord Seperately. Its possible you may be able to order one directly from Microsoft but not sure.

To answer which way may be more cost efficiant I would need to know, does it have a Harddrive and if so what size (if you know)?

As for the sound, if he had been smoking (of any kind) around it a lot there is a good chance it may just need a really good cleaning. On the other hand though it could just be on its way out.

If the system already has a Harddrive you may be better off by buying just the a Brand New Arcade Bundle 360 System. The controllers alone are $60 brand new of $50 for the wired ones. The AV/Component Cable alone is $50 as well. No doubt if you can buy a Power Cord replacement from Microsoft you'd probably pay at least $60. So you could be looking at $150-$170 before tax right there. If you need a Harddrive as well the only Harddrive they sell right now is the 60gig for $110 which comes with the Headset and a 3 month subscription card for X-Box Live Gold. So now your looking at 260-290. For 199.99 you could buy a brand new Arcade System, and just add the harddrive you got to it. Otherwise you could buy a new Pro System which comes with the headset and the 60 gig harddrive. You would not get the 3 month subscription card that comes from buying the 60 gig harddrive seperately, but if your lucky you most likely could still score a 360 pro that has the Lego Indiana Jones & Kung Fu Panda game that came with the system at Christmas time. Lego Indy is a fun game, and your lady friend may enjoy playing Kung Fu Panda :)

LKP

Ok this guy, im assuming you remember me. My questions are 2 fold.

First of all have you missed me at all?

And and i have a ps3 with smackdown vs raw 09 as per usual. Now Ive cleared the game but on entrances one part still says locked and i have no idea why it says that. Any advice ?

This Guy

Ok this guy, im assuming you remember me. My questions are 2 fold.

First of all have you missed me at all?

And and i have a ps3 with smackdown vs raw 09 as per usual. Now Ive cleared the game but on entrances one part still says locked and i have no idea why it says that. Any advice ?

Um, no I haven't sorry. As I've said in older posts I don't know any of you personally, its not the same for me.

Nope...have you tried consulting one of the web sites like gamefaqs.com or something to that effect.

LKP

No i haven't i mean Ive cleared the game unlocked everything ive even gotten the dlc content. Hmmmm i shall look somewhere.

Dre

Reaction score
It's because you haven't unlocked the Evolution Entrance or the DX entrance. To unlock it, you have to play HHH RTWM. At the part where you referee the match between Orton & HBK, you have to pick which one you want to win. And whoever wins, you unlock the entrance for that stable that HHH was in.

This Guy

do you Think Carolina panthers will be 2008/09 NFL Champions

Not into football, but just off the top of my head I'll say no

woo hoo, I called it. lol

1) intresting. I can do a lot more. Many of the changes to my sections I have thought about, but didn't want to ask Chuck or Monk to make because its a lot to pester them with. Now I was able to do it myself. I hope others like my new streamlined Rec Zone. So far I enjoy it. Going to be intresting to see how long before someone starts saying I'm a crappy Admin like Monkey tends to get quite often.

took longer then I thought, but still less then a year, not too suprising.

No i haven't i mean Ive cleared the game unlocked everything ive even gotten the dlc content. Hmmmm i shall look somewhere.

It's because you haven't unlocked the Evolution Entrance or the DX entrance. To unlock it, you have to play HHH RTWM. At the part where you referee the match between Orton & HBK, you have to pick which one you want to win. And whoever wins, you unlock the entrance for that stable that HHH was in.

Oh i thought i did all of that. Thanks a lot man cheers :).

lol I assumed he knew he had to do that already....but yeah if thats not it then yeah look on the gamefaqs site or something like that. You must be missing something.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Q1: have ya' ever seen "Dr.Strangelove"?
Q2: Ever been to the zoo with children?
Q3: Consider Nuclear War with Brazil?
Q4: How many times have you been to a Wrestling-Show(live...in Person)?
Q5: Hottest Chick Here(not including Soul Power,cuz she's green)
Q6: can ya' help me with the trivia...err, nevermind...I'll read threads and try 'n' learn, ya-could skip this question...
Q7: could I call you That Guy instead of This guy?

This Guy

Q1: have ya' ever seen "Dr.Strangelove"?
Q2: Ever been to the zoo with children?
Q3: Consider Nuclear War with Brazil?
Q4: How many times have you been to a Wrestling-Show(live...in Person)?
Q5: Hottest Chick Here(not including Soul Power,cuz she's green)
Q6: can ya' help me with the trivia...err, nevermind...I'll read threads and try 'n' learn, ya-could skip this question...
Q7: could I call you That Guy instead of This guy?

1) No
2) Yes, I've taken my daughter to the zoo a few times
3) No
4) Um 2 PPV's, 2 Raws, 1 Smackdown, 8 to 9 WWE House Shows & 3 Local Indy Shows so about 17 aprox.
5) Isn't Lady Hotrod the only girl on here? I don't know her I guess.
6) consider it skipped
7) No

Will MVP ever win the big one before wm 26?

Didn't know I had joined the creative booking team of the WWE. I don't know. Best guess? No.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
yea'...where is monkeystyle and why is he blue instead of red?

*by the way; which section am I mod of?

I need to make sure noone's breakin' da' rulez...:34:

This Guy

So, did Monk say he is gone from the site for good?

yea'...where is monkeystyle and why is he blue instead of red?

*by the way; which section am I mod of?

I need to make sure noone's breakin' da' rulez...:34:

monk is no longer a member of the staff. It seems the powers that be agreed that monk was too out of control. As for if he's gone for good? couldn't tell you. He might be back though. He'd probably make a new account if he had too and just keep coming back.

And that is why he is blue again Ken. Also you are no longer a Mod, the powers that be decided to reverse all of monk's recent changes that were done while he was out of control.

SnackZ

Reaction score
After going through all those stupid ass pages in the flame chamber to see that MS was gone I am wondering, and don't take this the wrong way: What exactly do you do for the site? What improvements have you brought? You said a few times that you're not appreciated and I kinda was like "I've been here a long ass time, before the site crash or whatever happened to it (i used to be the GFX Mod) and I don't really remember This Guy (meaning you, pun intended). Would you mind pointing out exactly what it is you should be appreciated for so I can have a better understanding as to why you felt/feel the way you do.

This Guy

After going through all those stupid ass pages in the flame chamber to see that MS was gone I am wondering, and don't take this the wrong way: What exactly do you do for the site? What improvements have you brought? You said a few times that you're not appreciated and I kinda was like "I've been here a long ass time, before the site crash or whatever happened to it (i used to be the GFX Mod) and I don't really remember This Guy (meaning you, pun intended). Would you mind pointing out exactly what it is you should be appreciated for so I can have a better understanding as to why you felt/feel the way you do.

First, you have to understand this is by far the hardest time I've had replying...not because of not being able to think of anything because I thought of a bunch off the top of my head. But because I accidently clicked a button while typing the first time and had to start over again and then when I went to submit the board crashed....fortunatly after my first mistake I remembered to copy this into a notepad file first just in case. lol Anyways here is my actual post....

I will be the first to admit that I don't do as much as I used to. I just don't have as much time as I used to.

But I mean I can understand why someone might ask what your asking but the truth is, Monk really hasn't done anything more then I or Chuck. But since you asked here are some of the things I've done since joining the staff.

1) Betting Zone. I took this over when Mike Chaos didn't want to run it anymore. If it wasn't for my intrest in running it, Chaos plan was to get rid of it at the time. But I was one of the most consistant participants and so Mike made me mod of the section.

2) I took over Trivia as an S-Mod because the two mods of the time weren't managing it at all. They never even showed up. I revised the rules of the section to make it more fair. Although the section doesn't see as much activity now, the original response to the section after me taking over made it more popular then ever.

3) I brought my GM Pool into the forum. It became more popular here then it ever did when I ran it off site. And I already have more people signed up for this upcoming season then I did last.

4) I redid the layout of the e-fed section when the e-fed staff said that the current system wasnt working and updated there staff properly when the system failed too.

5) I locked out the btb and other user created sections from guests when there was an overwhelming complaint from the members of people stealing there creations.

6) When Mark & Mike asked for the rules to be re-written by monk, chuck or myself, I re-wrote them. The current rules listed (posted by chuck) were written by me.

7) The old infraction system was vague, I came up with the current infraction system we use.

8) I created the IWF Photo Album and locked it out as well when it was also complained about people stealing photos from the real you section

9) I was the admin that spear headed the campain to create the MMA section when xba sujested we have one. I also then in turn created MMA Tipsters and a seperate MMA Betting Section

10) And speaking of Tipsters, when Monk couldn't keep up with it, I asked if he wanted me to take it over for him. (which he originally said no) but when there was no update for another 2 months he changed his mind.

11) I created 2 styles of trivia tournaments that people loved (Triple Teasers & Crazy Eights) and ran 5 of these total between the 2 types.

12) I merged the 360 Gamertag Threads & PS3 User name Threads and edited them all to clarify which were which to cut down on the number of stickied threads in the Gaming Zone

13) Changing Hell in a Thread back to Hell in a Thread after months of complaints of the name being changed in the first place.

Thats all I can really think of off the top of my head. Not to mention countless hours of dealing out my share of infractions, bans, dealing with the ban appeals, and other regular staff stuff that all the staff deal with. And of course dealing with avatar and name requests as all the admins do.

And by the way I've heard some say monk did alot which I won't deny, but what did he really do that was better then the type of stuff I mentioned? Lots of the stuff he did that is memorable was silly stuff. And I've done my share too like changing Hell in a Thread to Lame in a Thread for a short time when everyone was just copying everyone elses thread ideas.

Anyways, I hope that answers your question. Feel free to tell me if you still think I haven't really done anything and if so, I'd love to hear what you think Chuck & Monk do/did that is so much greater. Because feedback can only make me better.