Ask This Guy a Question

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HHHforever

Reaction score
Since you obviously seem to know a lot about gaming systems, I have a PS2 and I want to upgrade. I'm leaning towards a PS3. What would you reccommend, PS3 or 360?

This Guy

ask what guy a question? LOL j/k ha ha ha

Dude, what the hell is your problem that you feel the need to spam every thread?

Since you obviously seem to know a lot about gaming systems, I have a PS2 and I want to upgrade. I'm leaning towards a PS3. What would you reccommend, PS3 or 360?

I prefer 360. Bottom line you got to decide what system is offering you what you want. Almost every major title is on both systems. The exception being for the most part the 1st Party stuff. The other thing is what else do you want. People can say that PS3's online is free but its still nothing compared to 360's and its not that expensive. Also PS3 may have the edge as it relates to the Blu-Ray for movies, and PS3 continues to brag that they are the true HD machine, but the fact is very few of there games output to 1080p. However every 360 game does. (believe me we've done the comparisons) Bottom line is 360 offers a shit load more then PS3 and is a lot cheaper. The only way your paying more is for X-Box Live if you want to pay online, but if you can't aford $5 a month (at least thats the canadian rate) then your pretty cheap cause thats basically the cost of a game over a year.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Okay, thanks a lot. That's kind of what most people have told me. I'm probably not going to be much of an online player which is why I lean towards PS3 a little bit more. I did not know anything about the HD comparisons between 360 and PS3 so that was interesting to hear. I've also had a lot of friends who have gotten the "red rings of death" as they call them where there 360 just breaks. It's a lot of money which is why I try to gather the most information I can before making the decision. Thanks a lot though, it was helpful.

This Guy

Red Ring does still happen, but the new models of 360's that are out there now are not as prone to it. Red Ring was common with systems prior to the Elite. When the elite bundle launched, they changed the motherboard and what not. Basically when they discovered what was causing it they fixed it...and free of charge too. Sony's customer service does not compare. Red Ring depending on the pattern can mean many different things depending on what it is.

This Guy

Does how much i get back for a trade in differ by store?

Hows life been?

Not in Canada it doesn't, from what I understand not in the US either.

Fine

Do you guys in Canada have presidents? If so, what his name?

You mean like you have George Bush, or do you mean like a president of a company? I mean cause we have presidents of companies up here, just like US companies do, but if your talking about like the Leader of Canada like the Leader of the US is President George W Bush, then no we don't. The Leader of Canada is called the Prime Minister, just like in the UK (since we are technically still part of the comenweath, Queen Elizabeth II is technically the Queen of Canada as well, not that we care as much as they do in the UK) Our Prime Ministers name is Stephen Harper, though there may be an election before the end of this year, though I'm pretty sure he'll get re-elected.

This Guy

Simpsons will always be dear and near since its been around the longest and I was always and still am a fan. Family Guy though 2nd and American Dad 3rd, but there all funny as shit.

PeepShow

What's the best newest game out that you've played, if that makes sense. >_>

(Something that has come out in the past month)

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Not in Canada it doesn't, from what I understand not in the US either.

Fine

You mean like you have George Bush, or do you mean like a president of a company? I mean cause we have presidents of companies up here, just like US companies do, but if your talking about like the Leader of Canada like the Leader of the US is President George W Bush, then no we don't. The Leader of Canada is called the Prime Minister, just like in the UK (since we are technically still part of the comenweath, Queen Elizabeth II is technically the Queen of Canada as well, not that we care as much as they do in the UK) Our Prime Ministers name is Stephen Harper, though there may be an election before the end of this year, though I'm pretty sure he'll get re-elected.

Just as an aside, we also have a Governor General which is essentially the Queen's representative in Canada.

This Guy

What's the best newest game out that you've played, if that makes sense. >_>

(Something that has come out in the past month)

Not TNA Impact. lol Um, I haven't played too much lately though. Castle Crasher on X-Box Live Arcade for the 360 just came out this past month and is totally worth the 1200 points, I'll say that much. The game is so much fun. Those maybe the only 2 I've played from the last month sadly.

Just as an aside, we also have a Governor General which is essentially the Queen's representative in Canada.

I didn't want to confuse him more then he already seemed to be. lol

I'm a little disapointed though, here I saw that Monkeystyle had finally graced my Question thread and there wasn't even a question. :(

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I didn't want to confuse him more then he already seemed to be. lol

I'm a little disapointed though, here I saw that Monkeystyle had finally graced my Question thread and there wasn't even a question. :(

Well then on the same topic, are you planning on voting? And for whom?