Antonio Cesaro Labeled "Boring" By WWE Officials

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weez

Reaction score
It's a four star level match, everybody should go out of there way to see it if they are a WWE fan.

Yes Yes Yes! The match was fantastic. Oddly enough, that was my first experience with Main Event, and I'll be tuning in a lot more often now. How does a D Show give us a 20+ minute gem like that one? lol

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I feel like anything I say would just be repeating my thoughts on Wade Barrett, another guy with the same kind of appeal and badly needs direction. A guy could possess all the qualities one could ask for in a wrestler or a draw but they won't get over yodeling to the ring every week.

Cesaro is young and has plenty of time though, the more he toils in the mid card the more people will be comfortable with his presence. But looking at how sloppily handled his 200+ day reign was, I think we're looking at another guy WWE doesn't know what to do with.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
For me the guy has it all, WWE just need to use him better.

Will try and catch that main event match, is it on Youtube?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I feel like anything I say would just be repeating my thoughts on Wade Barrett, another guy with the same kind of appeal and badly needs direction. A guy could possess all the qualities one could ask for in a wrestler or a draw but they won't get over yodeling to the ring every week.

Cesaro is young and has plenty of time though, the more he toils in the mid card the more people will be comfortable with his presence. But looking at how sloppily handled his 200+ day reign was, I think we're looking at another guy WWE doesn't know what to do with.

Sadly that's all too often the case. Guys with all the talent in the world get saddled with an awful gimmick and/or they get jobbed out like crazy with WWE somehow relying on some Blue logic that just because they're on TV, losing endlessly doesn't matter, they'll still get over. It really is no wonder that they struggle so badly to make any new stars.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score

I'm not so sure about that part, or at least not now within the midcard scene of today, which is far worse in regards to how little effort goes into it overall and how poorly or inconsistently each star is generally used compared with years back (back when stars actually steadily worked their way up).

At the rate things are going, I just don't see how he can really get any better in the eyes of the fans or even to those whiny fickle officials - yodeling gimmick, or no yodeling gimmick; even with a potentially better gimmick or even another midcarder in a similar position, being in this position and being used in the same silly cycle gets them nowhere. It's takes a certain degree of commitment and patience to build a star and WWE is apparently unwilling or unable to have either.

Spending time in a better structured and handled midcard (like in the past) could certainly benefit him over time, but as is IMO the more time guys like him and Barrett spend in this current "midcard purgatory", the more indifferent people will be inclined to feel towards them. Fans are being sent mixed signals. One minute guys like Kofi, Cesaro or Barrett seem to have some focus placed on them (and therefore are the "stars to watch"), the next week they'll be unnecessarily or unceremoniously fed to some random "bigger" star (effectively then establishing them as small fry to someone like say Orton) and the week after, they're either forgotten about or are used poorly from then on (destroying the remainder of their momentum) - be it because "officials think they're boring", or because suddenly they have second thoughts (or "have nothing for them" pfft).

That being said, I also get the impression with these guys that it's more a fact that WWE just don't care to come up with anything for them rather than sincerely "not knowing what to do with them". Apparently they (or even Vince) have to be motivated with some kind of (WWE) appealing gimmick for them to bother with - and in the mean time rather than taking the opportunity to do something (anything) during that time to establish them further, they're simply on the backburner (and then if/when they do come up with something they actually wonder why people don't respond well to it or even why their MitB experiments generally fail).

Last edited:

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
The guy had an awesome gimmick, running down Americans. Sure, it was Ludvig Borga v. 2.0, but it was getting over around the world because the world hates America, so it made sense. If anybody is boring as fuck it's Kofi "Free Championship Reign for Doing Nothing!" Kingston

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The guy had an awesome gimmick, running down Americans. Sure, it was Ludvig Borga v. 2.0, but it was getting over around the world because the world hates America, so it made sense. If anybody is boring as fuck it's Kofi "Free Championship Reign for Doing Nothing!" Kingston

Spoken like a true Canadian lol.

Miss D

Reaction score
I think a feud with Jack swagger would be cool and also if he is boring isn't it cause he is being booked that way?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
His Anti-American stuff wasn't getting over at all, he was getting zero reaction hence them changing up the gimmick.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
His Anti-American stuff wasn't getting over at all, he was getting zero reaction hence them changing up the gimmick.

A feud with an actual american may have helped with that. I mean they had him going on about no Americans beating him while he was facing Kingsont and Barrett. Though nobody really has the american gimmick needed to really help him out Swaggers old gimmick or slaughter or hacksaw is what he needed to help him out and there aren't any of those.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score

I wouldn't really say it was anti-American though in the first place. As the commentators would frequently point out - "he doesn't hate America, just lazy Americans" and AFAIK there's people (Americans or not) that share the same sentiments as his character. Hell, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's Vince McMahon's own sentiments right there.

That kinda voided him as an a "detestable" heel since it's not like everyone'd have strong opinions over it (or if they do it'd probably be in support of that anyway) - they rationalized it too much. Unless it's some kind of extremist point of view or an actual opinion that's just pretty much outright accepted to be wrong or it even coming from some kind of established heel like JBL, it's not like people were going to be bothered by it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Anybody actually realize that "WWE officials" are just the creative team. All that basically means is that he hasn't found a person that clicks with him, so noone goes to bat for him when it comes to character development. Hence the generic foreign heel, act like he hasn't been around for little over a year. Dues need to be paid. People can attack Cork for his supposed boner for bodybuilders, but you need to come to realize you fetishize indy workers the same way as well. Nobody gets the red carpet treatment for shit you did outside of WWE, how long did it take Benoit and Eddie? Jericho? Why should WWE give a fuck about what one guy infront of 150 people, you got to entertain 15000 people, amd guess what? They are not easily worked like smarks are.

Reactions: 1 person