Antonio Cesaro Labeled "Boring" By WWE Officials

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
After holding the United States Championship for 240 days through last month when he was upended by Kofi Kingston, Antonio Cesaro's standing in WWE has been greatly curtailed as the Swiss grappler has lost the majority of his televised matches. For those wondering whether his demotion is as result of "heat" backstage, it is not. Rather, top WWE officials simply feel he lacks personality.

While addressing Cesaro's current placement in WWE, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio Monday night that company brass believe that the former Ring of Honor standout is "boring," resulting in his slide down the card. Some in WWE, however, are not in favor of the demotion, and believe Cesaro should be a headliner.

While Cesaro engaged in a match with Kingston two weeks on WWE Main Event that was well-received by management, it failed to alter his standing in the organization. Meltzer remarked, "They don't see him any higher than they did two weeks ago. There was lip service paid there for a week or two, but it's over now."
I can see where this report is coming from as he does severely lack a personality but he's in no shape or form a write off. He's got a good size, a throwback look, fantastic in the ring and can speak multiple languages which I'm sure the WWE will like. I'm not sure why, but I feel as though Armando Estrada would make a good manager for him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The only time he's really gotten a chance to show any personality, it was with Aksana, not exactly anything that can make someone a star, I think if they gave him more of a chance, he'd at worst be a damn good midcarder. Ring-wise, he's great, nothing to harp on there at all. Personality-wise, he's been devoid of one lately, but I don't think much of that is his fault.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree with whats been said so far. He needs the right gimmick so far he hasn't had it. But once everyone figures out what he needs he'll go to the top quickly I think.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I call those WWE officals "idoits" in that case lol.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
As much as I like Cesaro I can kind of see where they're coming from. That being said, it's not as if they give him a lot lot of mic time in the first place. As I said a good while ago, fans have no reason to think Cesaro is even a heel. He isn't given any material to get cheap heat and he never cheats to win a match (although I'm not necessarily complaining about that one).

I'd actually like to see him turn face. I know it may sound a bit lazy to turn someone face/heel when things aren't working out but I think it's much easier to play a quiet face than a quiet heel. I think Cesaro would do a great job of just letting his wrestling do the talking.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ya, he's boring as fuck.

Upside is he's brilliant in the ring and that should probably save him, but it's an entertainment company and he isn't entertaining. It's why WWE should stop signing these vanilla midgets from ROH, they just do not belong, they are square pegs and the WWE is a round hole.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Ya, he's boring as fuck.

Upside is he's brilliant in the ring and that should probably save him, but it's an entertainment company and he isn't entertaining. It's why WWE should stop signing these vanilla midgets from ROH, they just do not belong, they are square pegs and the WWE is a round hole.

Antonio is 6' 5" what the fuck do you consider as not being a midget? You are too biased.

Cesaro is freaking hilarious, if WWE ever lets him speak.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He could be 8ft 5in for all I care, he will always be a vanilla midget.

And I don't care how many languages he speaks, I don't want to hear him in English let alone one I can't understand.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The Vanilla Midget line is beyond stupid as the way everyone on this forum uses it just means an indy guy. Guess what everyone in WWE has been in the Indys not a one has soley worked for WWE their entire career.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I do not find the guy boring at all. He has an interesting personality and has a great strong guy look and definitely shows off his strength in the ring. A phenomonal worker capable of putting on many MOTN's. Do not think he needs a manager, just needs some more material to work with and with more mic time and a proper gimmick. I can take him as a serious pissed off heel during most of his promos like the one he did on Main Event a couple weeks back and after his match with Ryder on last weeks RAW, yet, WWE didn't want to do anything with it afterwards.. This guy has potential to mingle in the main event scene and believable to feud with and beat guys like Cena. Should win the money in the bank and go from there on out. Turn his character completely around at around the MITB ppv.

Oh and maybe if they didn't think how fun it would be to give him a yodeling gimmick and diminish his credibility even more.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Cork and a few others here have some sexual fetish for big guys, that come from football or body building.

Thats like saying you won't go see any doctor because they went to medical school. He's just a vanilla midget. Its the most Blue view of wrestling in the world.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Oh and maybe if they didn't think how fun it would be to give him a yodeling gimmick and diminish his credibility even more.

The guy wrestled in a tag team in front of 150 fans in school gyms and bingo halls, what credibility are you referring to? The only credible thing he'll have on his eulogy is "WWE wrestler".

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The guy wrestled in a tag team in front of 150 fans in school gyms and bingo halls, what credibility are you referring to? The only credible thing he'll have on his eulogy is "WWE wrestler".

Seriously? Really? I see your favorite is Macho Man Randy Savage. Do you seriously think he didn't wrestle in High School gyms in front of 50 people before he hit it big? Carlito? Jake Roberts? Guess John Cena has NO credibility because he wrestled for an indy fed in California. The fact that hes a 13 time world champion means nothing. Because years ago, when he was trying to break into the business, he wrestling in a bingo hall for 150 people.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Nobody cares, or knows what Savage did on the indy scene. He's only a big star because he wrestled on the biggest stage and excelled. I'm sick of indy wrestlers being lauded for accomplishments that mean nothing, like winning 400 'world' titles in some bush league backyard fed with a mattress as a canvass is meant to make me respect these dudes.

What Cesaro did before he signed with WWE means nothing. Stop acting like he has some divine right to be a top guy.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Why are you playing Cork's game Tap? No point, he'll be a stubborn vanilla midget hater. Just let it go.

As far as this article goes, For the most part, he does lack in the personality department. He's incredible in the ring, and from what little mic time he has been given I have thoroughly enjoyed. WWE could very well use those languages he speaks to their advantage. He and Rhodes Scholars could form a pretty decent stable I think.