Antonio Cesaro Labeled "Boring" By WWE Officials

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Wow. Antonio Cesaro is boring. Noone is denying that, but who's fault is that? Maybe it's the same brass that didn't give him a character and are now calling him boring. Bruce Willis or John Travolta would look boring too if Quentin Tarantino just starting filming them without first handing them a script.
This whole thing is ass backwards.

Luis

Reaction score
Being ''Boring'' is not his fault I actually took him more seriously when he called out the entire roster last week.If he was always that serious he would be more entertaining IMO,Hes already really good in the ring.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Being ''Boring'' is not his fault I actually took him more seriously when he called out the entire roster last week.If he was always that serious he would be more entertaining IMO,Hes already really good in the ring.

So did I. I thought he was being pushed again with a more serious side. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen WWE changed their mind again and had him lose to the same person a couple days later on Main Event and the week after on RAW.

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
He was just

[video=youtube;MYguD5jwjLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYguD5jwjLI[/video]

Before going back to lulz

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
People are gonna seem boring if they're given boring gimmicks. WWE creative has some of the worst logic at times.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Its not like he gets much of a chance, apart from yodelling...

But lack of personality shouldn't be a factor, Randy Orton has no personality what so ever, he's just the absolute definition of vanilla generic yet he's a multi time World Champion.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
Ugh, "WWE officials feel he is boring", therefore he must be boring and is allowed to be misused. How do they actually determine this?

Seems to me it's yet another occurrence of the fickle officials and their arbitrary decision that's the cause of another promising talent being completely and totally wasted. Honestly who actually decides this crap and how do they determine who or what is "boring".

As far as i'm concerned, someone like Randy Orton is boring. Miz's current role and character are boring. Ryback (especially as a heel) is freakin' boring and his promos especially! Hell there's so many approved "entertainment" segments which fall flat and are far more boring yet they're approved. The last few endings to RAW (haven't seen this week yet btw) have been generic and boring. How are so many other boring aspects of the show acceptible while one guy who's been given the gimmick he has BY (or approved by) those very same officials has to cop this crappy treatment?

And for that matter, how can they actually say the guy is legitmiately boring when they've done so little with him? To me it just goes to show "WWE officials" don't know what they hell they're doing (as usual) and apparently are more interested in what entertains themselves (as well as what makes the most money or benefits the company reputation in terms of someone like Cena) more than what makes for an actually good show. Fine from a business side of things but this is just unbelievably stupid from my POV as a fan. I'm not a huge fan of Cesaro, but I saw nothing wrong with him and thought he shows promise as a star. If this is the supposed "logic" of officials, then it's no wonder they wind up going round in circles and failing to create any NEW stars (despite some of the talent they have).

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The guy comes to the ring and yodels. That's literally his whole gimmick. It's boring as fuck.

I don't think it's his fault either, the dude has honestly just been dealt a really shitty hand by WWE and could probably be more successful if they give him a decent angle, but his current angle if fucking horrendous. Unless you'e been a fan of his since his ROH days, I really don't see how anyone could get into this guy for a minute.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This comes out after he tears down the house with Kofi Kingston on Main Event? Anybody that watched that match would see how much of an asset Cesaro is.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Nobody watches Main Event.

lulz

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It's a four star level match, everybody should go out of there way to see it if they are a WWE fan.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
it's pretty sad that people don't watch Main Event, they have good/great matches on it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You're lucky to get people to watch Smackdown let alone Main Event.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
This comes out after he tears down the house with Kofi Kingston on Main Event? Anybody that watched that match would see how much of an asset Cesaro is.

Nobody has said he's bad in the ring though, thats not the problem at all.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
I'm not necessarily a fan of Cesaro, but what irks me about all this is the logic (or rather lack of) behind all this. As far as Cesaro goes, despite a horrible gimmick, I never really got the impression that the guy is horrible or necessarily "boring" past his character. If anything, first and foremost that's WWE's fault for not actually giving him something worthwhile to actually work with and that plays to his possible strengths (I wouldn't know what they are but this certainly doesn't do that). And it's not just Cesaro, it's such a common crappy excuse - that's my main problem with this.

It's basically in-line with what WWE officials always seem to think - it's always the fault of the talent and NOT their own terrible methods. And for that matter, labeling someone "boring" when it's their own damn fault for making them so damn boring in the first place?! There's a difference between the gimmick being boring, and the man himself just being boring in general. It's a bit hard to come to the conclusion that it's the latter when they've done so little. That kind of crap seriously just need to stop.

Like I said, i'm not a huge fan of the guy (and it's kind of hard to be), but I see no reason that they shouldn't try something else with the guy instead - I at least believe it's a stupid and annoying waste to just "label him boring" and demote him the way they have - that's just ridiculous.