Antonio Cesaro Labeled "Boring" By WWE Officials

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Anybody actually realize that "WWE officials" are just the creative team. All that basically means is that he hasn't found a person that clicks with him, so noone goes to bat for him when it comes to character development. Hence the generic foreign heel, act like he hasn't been around for little over a year. Dues need to be paid. People can attack Cork for his supposed boner for bodybuilders, but you need to come to realize you fetishize indy workers the same way as well. Nobody gets the red carpet treatment for shit you did outside of WWE, how long did it take Benoit and Eddie? Jericho? Why should WWE give a fuck about what one guy infront of 150 people, you got to entertain 15000 people, amd guess what? They are not easily worked like smarks are.

Honestly when I see "WWE Officials" it screams we made this shit up based on our guessing. You will find nobody that will back up these statements. Have a nice day. :thumbs:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Honestly when I see "WWE Officials" it screams we made this shit up based on our guessing. You will find nobody that will back up these statements. Have a nice day. :thumbs:

pretty mich summed up my thoughts on Meltzer.

Reactions: 1 person

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
Anybody actually realize that "WWE officials" are just the creative team.

Not necessarily. Officials can apparently include those in management (e.g. like John Laurinitis was IIRC). Besides, according to former creative members themselves they apparently don't have as much control anyway (not sure about head writers - probably depends on the guy).

So I mean while this whole "report/rumour" could just be a load of crap or be attributed to anyone of no real importance, the opposite could be true also. Not like any of us can actually know anyway I guess. But either way it appears somethings up with the way they're using him lately and it's believable that "people of influence" are involved with the decision (or not?).

Why should WWE give a fuck about what one guy infront of 150 people, you got to entertain 15000 people, amd guess what? They are not easily worked like smarks are.

That's fine if WWE actually followed that kind of mentality. But then there's many times where WWE DOES have someone or something that's entertaining more than "150 fans" and what do they do? They either ignore, put a stop to it if it doesn't suit their tastes or alter it into something that amuses them (and ruin it). Meanwhile if there's something that clearly isn't working, they're perfectly ok with force feeding fans with it.

Remember a few years back when Balls Mahoney was actually generating sympathy in his storyline with Kelly Kelly? It's a direct example of WWE willingly undoing something because it's not what they're looking for. Remember Colin Delaney? He was generating a fair amount of interest amongst fans for being the "lovable" weekly squashed underdog - remember what they did with him? Signed him on, turned him heel then realised they had nothing (or didn't want anything) for him and released him shortly after. Not huge, but they were accidently getting over with the fans quite nicely. A lot of smarks apparently actually dislike Ryder it seems, but he's still had a significant following one way or another. Yet WWE felt it appropriate to ignore or practically misuse (or I daresay even sabotage) that. The list goes on.

These are all guys that have had a certain connection with fans, never really had WWE legitimately backing them (unlike the many bigger guys Vince drools over) and WWE have either wrecklessly thrown it away or instead endorsed guys that pretty much got nowhere (and they learnt nothing from it). On the other hand look at a guy like Kozlov a few years back. He was literally forced down the throat of each and every fan for a good long while and it was arguably only later when they paired him up with Santino that the average fan really started accepting him - which is when they proceeded to release him anyway...

It's one thing to receive the "red carpet treatment" (and maybe some smarks overdo it with their double or silly standards), but my point with all of that is that the number fans entertained is irrelevant in determining who gets pushed. I'd honestly say someone like Langston or even Kozlov above were receiving what's close enough to be considered "WWE red carpet treatment", compared with the many guys that have either been heavily scrutinized or (purposely) used poorly in comparison. Quite frankly it'd be an improvement if more stars other than big guys or from certain countries (or both) were entitled to even a fraction of that kind of consistent backing or even opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I wouldn't really say it was anti-American though in the first place. As the commentators would frequently point out - "he doesn't hate America, just lazy Americans" and AFAIK there's people (Americans or not) that share the same sentiments as his character. Hell, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's Vince McMahon's own sentiments right there.
Yeah I realised at the time Anti-American probably wasn't the right word to describe it, but I just went with it anyway.

Kahuna

Reaction score
I think Claudio is worth more than they give him credit for. A naturally built, strong, athletic guy, he is entertaining and whether I am exaggerating this or not, he is strong as hell. Some of the things he has done to other competitors, like swinging Miz's 200 pounds of suck on his own against a barricade six or seven times, thats impressive. I think WWE just expects everyone to be like a modern day WWE super star of the calibre of a Rock or Cena, they have to have the presence, that charisma, they dont realize that they have to play on their strengths and promote them on their strengths, and not give up on them for what they dont have. That, and it seems they just don't care about the undercard guys anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Another example of a wasted opportunity. WWE just don't put enough effort into the midcard on either show and that is a big reason as to why they have so few maineventers coming through the system lately. For the vast majority of his title reign he had no-one to feud with and wasn't given a chance to show of whatever personality he had. He will be fine though and will probably get a better push without the midcard title around his waist.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE trolls Meltzer sites in order to work the most gullible fanbase.

Kayfabe broken