An official rule for spoilers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree it's hard to not be spoiled when it comes to wrestling, but like I said labeling threads with a Spoiler tag and not giving away to much with the title will help the ones trying to stay spoiler free.

Though even if you'd labeled that thread as such with all the rumors of it and if you watched raw as soon as it got to the cena time it'd still have been spoiled. But that's semantics

Aniking

Reaction score
So instead of the thread title "Brock Lesanr Returns" would want something like "Spoiler: Big Return At Raw". I'm all for it as it helps the people that haven't watched it yet and really doesn't affect the people that already have as all they really have to do is be more carefull when making thread titles.

This is all I was asking. Everybody seemed to think I was saying "Don't say anything about the show for an entire day until I've seen it" but all I wanted was this.

I don't care if I come across "John Cena beat Mark Henry". Finding out match results like that don't matter that much to me, but just some discretion regarding returns or title changes would be awesome so some of us don't have important parts of the show ruiend for us because we don't want to or simply can't stream Raw.

Smackdown and TNA spoilers are well kept. Open the thread and they're there, not open it and you don't have anything ruined for you.

Jay

Reaction score
I'm sure we can get some sort of rule in place where for PPV's and RAW that threads are labeled with a Spoiler Tag right after the event is aired going into the next day.

So instead of the thread title "Brock Lesanr Returns" would want something like "Spoiler: Big Return At Raw". I'm all for it as it helps the people that haven't watched it yet and really doesn't affect the people that already have as all they really have to do is be more carefull when making thread titles.

This is what I was asking for.

If you don't want spoiled yes. Your asking over half the forum not to talk about what happens. When it's just as easy (if not easier) to ignore the forum or as Break showed minimize the WWE forum (instead of the sidebar).

You guys act as if our forum is the only one that does this.

I'm cool with that I thought they were saying ban it completely for 24 hours.

If you read my most recent post, you would have seen that all I was asking is that the details dont be revealed in thread for 24 hours.

WC has a rule for 48 hours, which i think is extreme, 24 hours, is reasonable.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If you read my most recent post, you would have seen that all I was asking is that the details dont be revealed in thread for 24 hours.

See that sounds like it can't be said at all you should have said THREAD TITLE. In the thread implies the entire thing. But no biggie now that we all know what we're talking about.

Jay

Reaction score
I live on the west coast, so for an hour after the live show ends, i still dont get Raw. Does that mean that I should not be able to come on here and talk about the pPV from over the weekend, or last weeks shows? I think not. I think we all have the right to be surprised when we watch the show.

Its really simples: *spoilers* Former World Champion Returns

or if its someone like Kofi Kingston

*Spoilers* Superstar Returns On Raw

Its like a News paper headline....headlines would never read "Brock Lesnar Returned To Monday Night Raw After 8 Years And F-5'd John Cena, declaring war on the entire WWE."

It would read "Former WWE Star Returns"...

Reference this post.

Ben

Reaction score
Issue should be resolved now, staff is aware, and it will be put in the new rules when I get around to posting them.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.