An official rule for spoilers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It's simple. When you don't want somebody to spoil you, than DON'T VISIT WS before you watch the event. Than come back and discuss.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Raw was finished in the US thats the live show a lot of people here are from the US once the show has aired it is no longer a spoiler if you did not see it then I would advise not coming onto the forum until you have seen to avoid spoilers.

Jay

Reaction score
Here's how I view the spoilers. Once Raw ends after the live show is over if you haven't seen Raw you probably shouldn't log onto a forum or check out a wrestling news site because you will see spoilers. As far as the time zone argument thats null because you can still watch a stream live you choose not to. Just like you choose to log on to wrestling smarks knowing that if something huge happened it'll be on here.

Now if your gripe was about before or during the live show I would completely side with you.

I live on the west coast, so for an hour after the live show ends, i still dont get Raw. Does that mean that I should not be able to come on here and talk about the pPV from over the weekend, or last weeks shows? I think not. I think we all have the right to be surprised when we watch the show.

If someone does return. What do you expect the thread title to be?

Its really simples: *spoilers* Former World Champion Returns

or if its someone like Kofi Kingston

*Spoilers* Superstar Returns On Raw

Its like a News paper headline....headlines would never read "Brock Lesnar Returned To Monday Night Raw After 8 Years And F-5'd John Cena, declaring war on the entire WWE."

It would read "Former WWE Star Returns"...

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I live on the west coast, so for an hour after the live show ends, i still dont get Raw. Does that mean that I should not be able to come on here and talk about the pPV from over the weekend, or last weeks shows? I think not. I think we all have the right to be surprised when we watch the show.

You could easily watch it on a live stream as most of us do. Not to mention the fact it's been all over the net for days that he was probably coming back. Now I'm sorry you live on the west coast and if you don't want to get spoilers then no you should not visit the site for that hour or two cause you'll be spoiled. Seriously your talking about a matter of what 4 hours I think I could stay offline for that amount of time if I were anal about spoilers. I mean hell if you'd checked out a regular news site after Raw you probably would have seen a blurb about Lesnar being back.

Alternatively if you know you won't be back online before raw is over hide the WWE section so that you wont see that area until your ready.

Their are 1800 members on this site why should the rest of us have to wait for a handful of people. People who if they were motivated could still watch it live. Or make sure that it spoilers are avoided.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
As far as I see it once it airs in the US (That's seen as the actual air time and I'm not being biased that's the way it is) it's not a spoiler. As far as SD and Impact though completely agree.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Only gripe I have, and I doubt this is possible, but if it is, could you make it where the spoiler thread doesn't show up on the little sidebar where the top 3 new posts are? I don't read spoilers, but it's hard not to look when it's right there. Just noticed it because the Smackdown Spoilers appeared.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
If you want to avoid spoilers like that, you can easily do so. Look at the image below

149o4mw.jpg

All you have to do is click what i've circled and the New Forum Posts box will disappear until you click it again and have it showing once again

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Haha oh, how did I not notice that? Thanks.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I agree with Aniking. I live on the west coast, so I don't see Raw until after the East coast. Which starts showing like 5 my time or something. And please don't give me the crappy "Oh, you can stream it live." excuse. Why would I own a TV? I would much rather watch a TV show on TV then on the computer.

So what you're telling me is I can't come on at all on Mondays, because I don't get home til about 5 and thats when the spoilers start.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
See my first post to avoid spoilers.

Ben

Reaction score
I'm sure we can get some sort of rule in place where for PPV's and RAW that threads are labeled with a Spoiler Tag right after the event is aired going into the next day.

So instead of the thread title "Brock Lesanr Returns" would want something like "Spoiler: Big Return At Raw". I'm all for it as it helps the people that haven't watched it yet and really doesn't affect the people that already have as all they really have to do is be more carefull when making thread titles.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree with Aniking. I live on the west coast, so I don't see Raw until after the East coast. Which starts showing like 5 my time or something. And please don't give me the crappy "Oh, you can stream it live." excuse. Why would I own a TV? I would much rather watch a TV show on TV then on the computer.

So what you're telling me is I can't come on at all on Mondays, because I don't get home til about 5 and thats when the spoilers start.

If you don't want spoiled yes. Your asking over half the forum not to talk about what happens. When it's just as easy (if not easier) to ignore the forum or as Break showed minimize the WWE forum (instead of the sidebar).

You guys act as if our forum is the only one that does this.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm sure we can get some sort of rule in place where for PPV's and RAW that threads are labeled with a Spoiler Tag right after the event is aired going into the next day.

So instead of the thread title "Brock Lesanr Returns" would want something like "Spoiler: Big Return At Raw". I'm all for it as it helps the people that haven't watched it yet and really doesn't affect the people that already have as all they really have to do is be more carefull when making thread titles.

I'm cool with that I thought they were saying ban it completely for 24 hours.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah I'm cool with what Ben suggested but c'mon. We're not the only one that does it.

WWE.com, twitter, facebook, news pages, other forums, friends, WWE news sites. Heck the WWE twitter spoiled Lesnar' return a couple mins before it happened with the caption "This man has just arrived in the building" and a photo of Lesnar.

Ben

Reaction score
I agree it's hard to not be spoiled when it comes to wrestling, but like I said labeling threads with a Spoiler tag and not giving away to much with the title will help the ones trying to stay spoiler free.

Status
Not open for further replies.