An official rule for spoilers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Reaction score
So I just about someone who got spoiled by the Lesnar return because of a thread here. Can we make an official rule about spoilers saying that you have to put spoilers in *Spoiler* kinda a deal and not give details away? Please remember, there are different time zones that we all live in, the worst is getting spoiled. And a ban from spoilers in the chat box, please! its not cool. like a 24 hour "no spoiler" rule would be cool.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that there is that big of a problem here with spoilers. After WM most of the threads were labelled correctly with the title not giving away the result and with the word Spoiler in the title to make it clear to stay away. Seems like there was one offending thread after RAW tonight and that spoiled some. Not keen on banning spoilers in the chatbox, that is a place to chat as things happen and so it would be a bit weird if people were blocked from discussing the show.

Overall if you log onto a wrestling forum after a wrestling event then there is a very good chance the result will be spoiled. The best medicine is to steer clear of wrestling websites until you have seen the event, so wait until you watched WM before logging into the forum or before checking wwe.com etc. Also the rule that I normally go by is that if it is on the official company websites, so wwe.com or tnawrestling.com etc, then it can no longer be considered a spoiler. We will talk it over in staff and see what we can come up with.

Aniking

Reaction score
Overall if you log onto a wrestling forum after a wrestling event then there is a very good chance the result will be spoiled. The best medicine is to steer clear of wrestling websites until you have seen the event, so wait until you watched WM before logging into the forum or before checking wwe.com etc.

It's all about timezones though. The first chance I got to go on the computer today just so happened to be right when Raw was finishing. I don't stream Raw live, I don't contribute in the Live Discussion thread, but me coming online for one second spoiled the biggest part of the show for me. It isn't fair that because I don't do the same things as various other members that my viewing is spoiled.

I get when you go on a wrestling forum right after a show things regarding it may appear, but there still needs to be some sort of discretion. It happens to me every week. If I hadn't ordered Wrestlemania, came online and saw the threads that had been made, I would've been pleased because none revealed any results. By reading a title of a thread you could always speculate, but only when you open it should it detail everything. I didn't need to know that Lesnar had returned until I watched Raw, so when I did watch it... well, it was ruined for me because I knew it was coming.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Think if you don't want to be spoiled about something on Raw it's best to not even get on anything wrestling related until after you seen it. It's a live show so for the most part the majority has already seen it. If it was taped I'd understand it more but since it's a live show I don't really see the problem with it.

Far as the C-Box goes you can close the c-box.

Aniking

Reaction score
So what if it's a live show? Because I don't watch it live I get to have things about the show spoiled to me by the titles of threads? That doesn't sound fair at all.

I come on here to read discussions regarding everything other than Raw on Tuesdays, then I watch it and come back. How is ensuring threads are simply titled "*SPOILER* Something not giving away the thing but staying on topic*" that difficult? It keeps everybody happy because people that don't watch the show live don't have anything spoiled to them, whereas everybody that HAS watched it can open it and discuss. Simple.

Lewb

Reaction score
I'm generally with the concensus of Troy. If i weren't watch raw last night I would have known by him being a worldwide trend on twitter for about 4 hours straight, and it being the main news on wwe.com. We do keep all Smackdown related news under rap for people who don't want to know results until the show, but things that happen live would be hard to monitor. Like when would it be a spoiler and when would it not? Until everyone on the forum has seen it? Would be practically impossible.

I know spoilers blow, but we're at a social internet age where everyone talks about everything immediately.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I never notice spoilers on here there more comon on things like google, however I would agree it would be nice to have some sort of written rule to aviod this sort of thing because I hardly ever wtch WWE live (except mania) due to the timezones, (it's like 2am for raw and 1am for ppv)

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Here's how I view the spoilers. Once Raw ends after the live show is over if you haven't seen Raw you probably shouldn't log onto a forum or check out a wrestling news site because you will see spoilers. As far as the time zone argument thats null because you can still watch a stream live you choose not to. Just like you choose to log on to wrestling smarks knowing that if something huge happened it'll be on here.

Now if your gripe was about before or during the live show I would completely side with you.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
If someone does return. What do you expect the thread title to be?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can understand both sides of this issue really.

I'm from the UK so I can totally understand the whole time zone difference thing although i'm also pretty lucky in the fact that i'm able to catch the shows live when it happens.

I'm also of the belief that once the show has ended, it's no longer really a spoiler although a bit of courtesy especially after PPV events wouldn't go a miss.

I guess the best thing we can do is try and stop this happening in the future like what happened with Mania threads, but maybe it's also best for you not to visit the forum until you see the show incase anything slips through the net.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Lesnar's return is HUGE, there was no chance it was going to be contained among the IWC for the sake of spoilers.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Couldn't really prevent this from happening, it was all over the net.

WWE themselves spoiled it on Twitter, the evil bastards.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I have a big problem here with spoilers but it's more about SmackDown! and Impact since half the members don't regularly watch they don't care if they spread the spoilers in areas they go to. When I can't watch a show for a few days and people want to talk about in the chat box about the results already it pisses me off. Most of my complaining of that changed how that goes now though.

As for Raw and PPVs I usually just stay off the site entirely until I can watch it since I usually don't have the chance to watch them live.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Smackdown spoilers have always been well kept on this Forum and I'm sure they're easy to avoid. Technically if the event has happened and aired it isn't really a spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.