AFL 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Can't wait to see how we will go next season (Western Bulldogs). Showed great promise especially at the end of the season beating some good teams. We had good showings against teams in the top 4 (Ess, Hawks and Sydney) but seemed to really lack against teams in that 4-8 range (Richmond, Collingwood and Freo dominating us).

Libba and Griff will be a great tandem if not already. We really need somebody to step up in the forward line and Campbell looks to be that man. Surrounded by Grant, Jones, Daulhous, Gia and Dickson our forward line is finally looking somewhat formidable.

As for the finals, my picks:

Hawks
Geelong
Collingwood
Richmond

Wait wtf? You're a doggies fan too :mark: FUCK YEAH!

AF.

Reaction score
Wait wtf? You're a doggies fan too :mark: FUCK YEAH!

Yeah I just don't post here much, didn't even know there were AFL followers on this board lol.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Can't wait to see how we will go next season (Western Bulldogs). Showed great promise especially at the end of the season beating some good teams. We had good showings against teams in the top 4 (Ess, Hawks and Sydney) but seemed to really lack against teams in that 4-8 range (Richmond, Collingwood and Freo dominating us).

Libba and Griff will be a great tandem if not already. We really need somebody to step up in the forward line and Campbell looks to be that man. Surrounded by Grant, Jones, Daulhous, Gia and Dickson our forward line is finally looking somewhat formidable.

As for the finals, my picks:

Hawks
Geelong
Collingwood
Richmond

Good to see another AFL fan here. The more the merrier. I myself am a North fan.

The Dogs looked good in the later half of the year, plenty of talented youngsters there just still need that power forward. If you could somehow snag Boyd in the draft that would be a perfect option for you but I doubt he will drop that far, Melbourne will most likely take him at 2. Your midfield is looking really solid as well, Minson is one of the top rucks, Griffin is a brilliant player, Cooney looks fit and healthy for the first time in ages and Libba is a clearance machine. Promising signs for next year.

Just watched Hawks vs. Swans. A game of two halves, tough scrappy footy in the first half with both teams only managing four goals but then Hawks ran away with it to win by 54. As silly as it may sound Hawks actually look more balanced with Franklin out, allows them to play a front line ruckman in Bailey and use Hale as a second ruck/forward and then Roughead and Gunston as the two key forwards. With Franklin back I can see Bailey going out forcing Hale to be the number one ruck and Roughy as his back up. Swans still look too Tippett focused when going forward, don't take enough time going into the F50 anymore with him there. Need to use him as a decoy and start trying to use White a lot more. Admittedly they are down a key forward and they would be a much improved team with Goodes, Reid or LRT back as another option up front.

Paul Roos signed on as Melbourne coach today. Two year deal with an option of a third. Short term deal but the plan seems to be for Roos to set the foundations and to turn the club around before passing it over to someone else to continue the push towards the finals. They need someone in charge that demands respect and can change the culture of the club and Roos is that guy. Still the toughest job in footy though as they are a basket case.

AF.

Reaction score
Great win by the Dockers today. As much as their style of footy isn't great to watch they have done extremely well to topple Geelong over there. With that I don't think things are going to go to plan these AFL finals, I think we're going to see a few teams suprise like Port right now and possibly Carlton tomorrow.

Collingwood need work on there kicking at goals. Why is this such a big problem for them? Can we make a point and say that with their overwhelming fan base they have an added pressure to kick straight and that's what makes them fail at it? Just throwing it out there.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What a day, two upsets. Fremantle did extremely well to beat Geelong down at Simmonds Stadium, Geelong had won something like 44 of their past 45 there so that is a massive win. Port tonight were fantastic, they never give up as a team and it is incredible that they are the third youngest team this year. Just awesome to see them pick up the win, what a year under Hinkley.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was so funny watching Carlton beat Richmond. Richmond finally make the finals after 12 years and they get knocked out by the default finals team. Richmond looked good in the first half but Carlton ran out the game so much better, part of that would have been the fact that Conca did his hammy early on in the game and so Richmond had to use their sub in the first quarter.

Geelong vs. Port Adelaide

Sydney vs. Carlton​

On paper it looks like two easy wins here but after last week you never know what can happen with finals. Need to see the team line-ups before I make my tips.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Another year where the top four are the final four teams in the running for the premiership. Was hoping that Port would get up but couldn't quite do it in the end.

Hawthorn vs. Geelong​

Hawthorn haven't beaten Geelong since the 2008 Grand Final but I think that this is the week that they break the Kennett Curse. Geelong haven't looked impressive this finals series and with Hawkins playing injured they just don't have enough key targets up forward.

Fremantle vs. Sydney​

I hope that Freo make it and win the GF, will be nice for them to finally win this first premiership. Fremantle are such a well drilled unit and at home I can't see them being beat. Sydney are another that haven't been at full strength but I actually think they look much better without Tippett up forward and it showed against Carlton. When Tippett was on the ground Carlton were the better team as Sydney just bombed it into him, when he went down injured they took more time with their forward entires and were better for it. I think that Freo win here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hawthorn versus Geelong was an awesome game to watch. Great comeback from Hawthorn in the last quarter and what an atmosphere. I was actually hoping that Varcoe would kick that goal with thirty seconds left to level the scores just to see what would happen next.

Fremantle just showed how good they are as a defensive team, the players all know the game plan inside out and execute it perfectly. That second quarter was incredible to watch how they dismantled such a good defensive side in Sydney.

Happy that Freo made their first ever Grand Final. I hope they win but I can't see Hawthorn losing this time.

Brownlow count on at the moment. A lot closer than I thought it would be and there are still a lot of players in the running with three rounds left. Selwood coming home strong and could take this from Ablett.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Props to Ablett on winning the brownlow, huge snatch at the end.

Loved how Dane Swan flipped his shit and started swearing, Ablett didn't even bother to mention him and spoke about Joel. Brilliant.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like how Ablett was wanting to get two votes to tie with Selwood, would have been a nice moment for the two to be joint winners together. Happy that Ablett won, can't not like the guy. When he finishes his career he could end up being the greatest ever midfielder to play the game. What a family.

Looking forward to the GF on saturday, having some friends and family over my place to watch it. Picked up another football last week, dog destroyed the other one, so that we can have a kick around at half time, two that are coming are from overseas so have never kicked the ball so it should be fun seeing them try. Haven't kicked a football in years so I took my dog to the park to have a kick around, forgot how fun it is.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No comments on the GF?

Hawthorn managed to beat Fremantle at their own game, brought the pressure in spades. Freo were clearly nervous and were shocking in front of goal on the day. Annoyed that I didn't put money on Gunston for first goal scorer, called it before the game but didn't put a bet on :(

Trade week this week yet no deals can be done until tomorrow when Free Agency starts. Franklin to Sydney was shocking mainly due to the fact they are offering a 9 year $10 million deal. Doubt the AFL will allow a deal that long, no idea why five years deals are used let alone nine years. Mumford has been pushed out and gone to GWS, good to see them pick up an experienced player. Hoping they can grab another one or two before the trade period finishes. Colin Sylvia is going to Freo on a three year deal and Eddie Betts will go to Adelaide on a four year deal. All should be confirmed tomorrow.