• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AFL 2013

Troy

Lol another 1 point loss, pity we didn't get the draw to get the straight. So far this season loses by 4, 3, 2, 1 and now 1 point again. One positive this time is that we actually came from behind to get within a point rather than losing a big lead. The team need a head check to continue to struggle in high pressure situations, did similar things last year by losing three games by 2 points.

Troy

[MENTION=11]Andrew[/MENTION] another good win for the Bulldogs today. Dalhaus looked the goods again and the Dogs have now put a bit of breathing space between themselves and Saints. Two games clear in 15th now.

North had a good win yesterday but it is too little too late. Was overshadowed by Swallow rupturing his achilles and he will now be on the sidelines for up to 12 months. Hasn't missed a game for five years and now he will miss a substantial amount of time.

Andrew

North is going to get smashed by Geelong next week.

Glad Doggies won, glad Boyd is back at last!

I went to Geelong/St Kilda, Simonds Stadium is clearly the best place to be under the lights. Sensational seats and even though Geelong won by 101 points, it was a great watch!

Troy

Knowing North we will get out to a good lead in the first half and then fall flat and get done by a couple of goals. I wonder how we will handle missing the captain and one of our best players. Good opportunity for some of the younger midfielders to step up.

Simmonds Stadium looks awesome after the redevelopment. Definitely looks like a great place to watch a game.

I might head down to the dreaded AAMI Stadium to watch Adelaide vs. North in a couple of weeks. Horrible stadium but don't get too many opportunities to see North down here.

Troy

Nice to win a game against a top two team where we kept a lead and held it for the final quarter. Ziebell is a freak and such a good leader, stepped up again with Swallow out. Wells was quality and actually had some aggression today which was good. Harvey is 35 yet still keeps delivering, 37 possessions, 7 tackles and 3 goal assists whilst being tagged in the second half. Bit too late to save the season but gives some confidence for next year.

Troy

Haha it was pretty bad near the end, 9-0 free kicks in the last quarter but we kept our head for once and battled through it.

GWS picked up their first win of the season today against Melbourne with a 37 point win. That win has been coming for a long time this year and I am glad they didn't end up with zero wins.

Richmond booked their spot in the finals for the first time for eleven years. Crazy that it has been so long for them. They smashed Hawthorn today, as soon as it started to rain they really took over.

Troy

I went to the Adelaide/North game at AAMI Stadium today. It is the last time North will play there so I thought that it would be a good time to attend. North played terribly and lost another close one. Jacobs killed Goldstein in the ruck and our delivery into our forward line was terrible. Adelaide had superior pressure all over the ground and deserved the win. Good crowd at close to 32k.

Can't wait for next year when football is played at the Adelaide Oval. Far superior location since it is in the middle of town, easy to get to by car or public transport and so many restaurants around for pre/post game. Will be going to a lot more neutral games next year.

Andrew

Sucks North have lost most of their game under 20 points, hope they can build on that for 2014 because they could just fire up like Richmond has lately.

Why the fuck do Bulldogs always leave their wins right near the end? Beating Carlton was amazing!

Troy

It sets us up well for next year, last year we won more games but when we lost we would get smashed. Hopefully it all clicks next year and we can push for a top four spot.

That was great from the Bulldogs yesterday, if you can find a big key forward then your forward line will look much more threatening. Gives you something to build on next year, at least the Dogs aren't a team that tanks like Melbourne and are trying to win every single game.

Troy

Essendon penalties were announced the other day;

AFL said:
Essendon Football Club
-- $2 million fine
-- Forfeit their place in the 2013 finals series (Essendon to officially finish in 9th place)
-- Loss of first and second round draft picks in 2013 and 2014 (will receive a pick at end of first round of 2014 draft, and are allowed to trade into any place in either draft)
James Hird

-- 12 month suspension from 25 August 2013 - 25 August 2014 (therefore suspended from this weekend's game)

Danny Corcoran

-- 6 month suspension with two months of that suspended

Mark Thompson

-- $30,000 fine

The case against club doctor Bruce Reid has been adjourned until 10am Thursday.

They got off pretty light in the end especially since Adelaide received similar punishment for their salary cap breach. But the big thing here is that this is just the beginning, ASADA still have their investigation and they can still punish players, strip awards and punish the club. Can't believe that Hird will be allowed to coach finals next year and even more surprised that Essendon would want him anywhere near the club after he started this whole supplements program.

On a different note AFL announced that the pre season will change next season and instead of a NAB Cup Grand Final there will either be All Stars football or State of Origin. Can't see how either will work though as what players will want to expose themselves to injury two weeks before the season. Also if they do SOO I don't want to see Vic vs. Allies, if they are bringing it back bring back Vic, WA, SA, QLD etc.

Troy

Went to the last ever AFL game at AAMI Stadium on the weekend. Have a cousin over from the Netherlands so I wanted to take him to a game and show him the sport. Cracking game to show him, high scoring and a brilliant finish. When Broadbent had that kick for goal in the last minute and it hit the post I was like everyone else and got out of my seat and was cheering it on even though I don't follow Port at all. Awesome atmosphere, 45k for the last ever game and if only Port got the win as it would have been the fairytale ending.

Hawthorn vs. Sydney

Geelong vs. Fremantle

Collingwood vs. Port Adelaide

Richmond vs. Carlton

Don't think there will be too many upsets first week of finals. Picking Carlton because it would be hilarious if Richmond were knocked out by the 9th place team the first time they make finals in over a decade.

Andrew

Griffin won the B&F for Bulldogs, had a stellar year!

Hawthorn vs. Sydney

Geelong vs. Fremantle

Collingwood vs. Port Adelaide

Richmond vs. Carlton

FUCK CARLTON!

Troy

Wow didn't expect B&F's to be handed out yet. No real surprise with Griffen winning, great to see Tom Liberatore in second place well deserved. What a remarkable turnaround for him over the past twelve months, this time last year he was found passed out with an ecstasy tablet on him to becoming one of the top inside midfielders in the comp. Unlucky not to make the AA squad.

Would be so funny in Richmond get knocked out by 9th, I have to see it happen even if it is Carlton that do it.

AF.

Can't wait to see how we will go next season (Western Bulldogs). Showed great promise especially at the end of the season beating some good teams. We had good showings against teams in the top 4 (Ess, Hawks and Sydney) but seemed to really lack against teams in that 4-8 range (Richmond, Collingwood and Freo dominating us).

Libba and Griff will be a great tandem if not already. We really need somebody to step up in the forward line and Campbell looks to be that man. Surrounded by Grant, Jones, Daulhous, Gia and Dickson our forward line is finally looking somewhat formidable.

As for the finals, my picks:

Hawks
Geelong
Collingwood
Richmond