AFL 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No from me. I didn't bother with it last year and will skip it again this year. I get into it at the start of the season but always ignore it after a while and don't pay enough attention to it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bit late on this but it was a good win for Brisbane in the NAB Cup. Easy final win over Carlton and it does bode well for them in the coming season. They look like they could be one of about a dozen teams that will challenge for the finals this year.

Can't wait for football to start this weekend, bit annoying that there are only two matches but I will take it.

Adelaide vs. Essendon kicks off the season on Friday night and then Saturday night is Fremantle vs. West Coast.

ants

Reaction score
Predicted Ladder
1. Sydney
2. West Coast
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. Adelaide
8. Carlton
9. Richmond
10. Brisbane
11. Kangaroos
12. Essendon
13. St. Kilda
14. Port Adelaide
15. Gold Coast
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. GWS

Brownlow: Trent Cotchin
Coleman: Taylor Walker
Premier: Sydney
Runner-Up: Collingwood
Rising Star: Ollie Wines (Port)

Reactions: 1 person

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Like your idea on the laddder. It's a tough season so I will only Predict my ladder.

1. Carlton
2. West Coast
3. Collingwood
4. Sydney
5. Hawthorn
6. Geelong
7. Adelaide
8. Richmond
9. Brisbane
10. Fremantle
11. Kangaroos
12. Essendon
13. St. Kilda
14. Port Adelaide
15. Gold Coast
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. GWS

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see you back ants

1. Sydney
2. West Coast
3. Hawthorn
4. Adelaide
5. Collingwood
6. Geelong
7. Fremantle
8. North Melbourne
9. Richmond
10. Brisbane
11. Carlton
12. Essendon
13. Port Adelaide
14. St Kilda
15. Gold Coast
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. GWS

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was great to see two sellouts to start the season. Adelaide looked really sluggish against essendon to open the season. Nice that essendon can finally switch over to football after that preseason. Shocked at how good Fremantle looked. I expected it to be close but for west coast to win. Sucks for lecras t be injured first game in after missing last season due to injury.

Looking forward to the weekend with seven matches

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Disappointed with LeCras injury, glad Pavlich escaped the report. Knowing Will, he would have told the umpire that it wasn't intentional anyways.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was happy to see Pavlich get off as well if he was suspended it would have been ridiculous just like Ziebell's four game suspension for the similar thing last year.

I just read that sandilands is out for 12 weeks. He has quite a few long injury layoffs the past few years and I wonder how much longer his body has left.

Tough game first up for north against collingwood but it will be a good test to see where we are at this year. Will be interesting to see what team is picked because I have no clue what direction they will go with a couple of spots especially with the big men.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Blicavs debuting for Geelong as is Frost and a few others for Collingwood.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Geelong have had a shocking run with their rucks. They even got McIntosh to cover their ruck depth and yet he is injured just like their other too choices. Impressive transition for Blivacs though who was training for the London Olympics last year and only played a handful of VFL games

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[MENTION=11]Andrew[/MENTION] What a win today by the Dogs! Didn't think that they would beat the Lions by 11 goals at all. I doubt the Dogs tall forwards but they weren't needed as so many midfielders and small forwards stood up and kicked multiples. Was great seeing Morris back playing well after two years out through injury and Cooney looked back to close to his best. Brett Goodes was a revelation as well on debut.

Strange start to the season with the favourites losing five out of the first six games, the only favourite to win was Sydney over GWS and even that wasn't as convicing as I would have thought.

Good win for the Suns just before against St Kilda. They looked great up at Metricon and just kept coming at St Kilda who are in for a long season.

Can't wait for tomorrow with North finally playing their first game for the season, should be a packed stadium as well at Etihad.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pathetic performance by North today. Solid first half but then for the next one and a half quarters we disappeared. Only went down by three goals in the end but it was a game we needed to win especially with the outs that Collingwood had. Just goes to show the depth that Collingwood has. Not the best way to start the season.

Great stuff from Port today though. Now that their young players are fit and under a new coach they looked quite good out there. Melbourne look appalling even though they added four players with AFL experience to the squad. It looked like they weren't even interested out there and to lose that much to a team like Port, who aren't expected to challenge for finals, is scary.

What a weird start to the season with Port first and Bulldogs second. Only the first round but it is still strange.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Richmond almost played exactly the same game they played last round against Carlton. They lead early and seemed to have the game in check and then they let Saints back into it in the last quarter. This time they managed to kick away and end up winning by three goals, good change this season for Richmond to be able to win the close ones after losing six games last year by two goals or less. Some shocking disposal during this game especially from the Saints, teams still seem very rusty this early in the season.

Richmond are 2-0 to start the season for the first time in 16 years, incredible stat.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Melbourne are pathetic and the AFL need to step in and do something. How Cameron Schwab has managed to keep his job is beyond me. They are being hurt by the fact that they taught the players that it was okay to lose, tanking has killed them and the players. 148 point loss is terrible when they should be starting to improve. Maybe Melbourne's players should spend more time working on their foot skills rather than comparing beards

Melbourne's last 6 seasons plus this years 2 games - 32 wins from 134 games
Fitzroy's last 6 seasons - 31 wins from 130 games.

I think that says it all, they are doing as badly as Fitzroy were before they were forced to merge and at least the Fitzroy players tried at the end and showed some heart.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What a finish!

Essendon had a terrible first half, they weren't in the game at all yet went into the big break just six goals behind. They went on a spree right after the break kicking six goals in a row. The finish was dramatic with the score changing hands, everything tied up and then Ryder kicking Essendon in front. Fremantle had a couple of shots at goal in the last minute but one turned at a right angle at the last second and the other hit the post. Crazy.