Abyss recieved 3 WWE offers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

EDIT: Title should say received, my bad

TNA wrestler Abyss says he has turned down three separate offers from the folks at WWE out of loyalty for the company that put him on international TV.

Abyss, real name Chris Parks, says that WWE’s interest level in signing him to a deal was “high.”

"I've had opportunities to go there," Abyss said on the U.K. Sun's WrestleCast show. "There was high interest from WWE, but I just haven't had any interest in going. I'm one of the originals, I've been with TNA since the one year anniversary of the company, and very few people in this business can say they've been there from the beginning."

Thank god he stayed in TNA, imagine the watered down kiddie crap they would do with him in WWE. Hell, they'd probably turn him into some stupid comedy act.

And btw, I don't care if you love TNA or you hate it, you can't deny what I just said. There is no way you can see Abyss the weapon swinging monster in WWE. Did any of you see his promo this past Thursday on iMPACT!? The guy literally stuck thumbtacks in his arm, he's a crazy bastard.

~The Even Flow~

Reaction score
WWE probably wanted him because kane plans on retiring soon but the current version of Abyss is awful though .

Airfixx

Who? ...Oh, you mean Kane-Kind. : P

Btw, I sure as hell CAN argue with your stating "they'd probably turn him into some stupid comedy act"... Hell, even you only said it was probable, but I'll start with the basics.....

You have no idea what WWE wanted him for.

~The Even Flow~

Reaction score
They need to overhaul the whole character and bring him back to the Monster he was from 05-07.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, because we all know TNA has done an awesome job with Abyss. Please, give me a break, you say WWE would have made him a comedy act (apparently you think everybody that goes to WWE will be turned into that), well, that wouldn't be worse that the crap he has done in TNA

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Everyone says Abyss is Kane-lite but if you treck his storyline career he's more Mankind if anything.

chessarmy

Yeah, because we all know TNA has done an awesome job with Abyss. Please, give me a break, you say WWE would have made him a comedy act (apparently you think everybody that goes to WWE will be turned into that), well, that wouldn't be worse that the crap he has done in TNA

you state no credible facts as to why his run in TNA sucks. What makes it so bad CMS? The fact that he puts his body on the line and is one of the best hardcore wrestlers in the business today? The fact that he's in one of the best feuds the promotion has to offer right now? You'd honestly rather see him go to WWE so he can be watered down? Do you know what Abyss is all about? He's a crazy son of a bitch, his trademark broken glass/tacks will be taken away from him in the fed and apparently you're fine with that. Abyss will NOT be Abyss in WWE, I don't care how much you hate TNA but please put your personal bias aside and look at things fairly for once.

At least TRY and prove me wrong

Quintastic One

Reaction score
The facts are undeniable folks. Your personal bias for different companies aside, here's the pros and cons of Abyss going to WWE.

Pros:
Obviously paid alot more money
COULD *I used could lightly to elaborate on the cons section* have some interesting feuds with Kane, Undertaker, and virtually any other upper carder in WWE.
His creative mind for the business might give him a chance to score a spot as a writer for WWE upon retirement. Further giving more job security for his intense style.

Cons:
Obviously he wouldn't be the Abyss of TNA. If people think Abyss is stupid now, they'd HATE Chris in WWE. With the kid friendly image, he wouldn't use the tacks at all, he wouldn't use the broken glass, his character would be virtually unknown to the WWE audience, and thus not as compelling or interesting as his ring mannerisms would make them think he looks like a blueberry *ala the way he runs and screams into the corner for his big splash*
And to elaborate on my Pro, MORE LIKELY THAN NOT, although there is a chance Undertaker would be a good program, he would be far more likely to just become Undertaker jobber fodder for 2 months and the highlight of his WWE push would culminate in a spot in the Elimination Chamber. And we all see how much of a push Mike Knox got off of that.

Qwake

If we were talking about the Abyss from 2004/2005 then I would honestly want him to stay in TNA, he was awesome, his storylines weren't too bad and his matches were awesome, he was actually the reason why I continued to follow TNA after I saw Bound for Glory 05, but since then he hasn't done shit, sure, he was good at the beginning of 06 but as the year went on he got staler and now look at him today, he's shit. Unless TNA start doing something good with him I think it would be awesome for him to go to WWE, maybe WWE could remake his gimmick so he wasn't a monster, just a big crazy guy but no mask or anything, maybe he could help rebuild ECW or atleast give it a few extreme rules matches to establish himself. You talk about him becoming a comedy act, well it would be nothing different then the shit he's doing in TNA atm even though the WWE would be to smart to do that. He may even get a Kane like type of push from when Kane first began, who knows. But WWE would be much better for him now, he should have signed the damn contract!

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Hes right for staying the wwe is doing to much kiddy stuff for his character to work.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I personally loved the Doctor Stevie storyline as soon as Raven interjected himself and made it awesome. Daffney got a huge rub out of it and she's getting better and better each week. I have no clue why they have the announcer lady or Taylor Wilde involved but at least he's in a compelling storyline for TNA. That's just my opinion anyway.

The Rated R CMStar

you state no credible facts as to why his run in TNA sucks

His character has been made a complete idiot. The Abyss, the real and cool Abyss is lightyears from what TNA is presenting now. The storylines he has been put through are sometimes painful to see (see his copy feud of Taker/Kane/Bearer, or his entire run against RelliK and Black Reign). His current storyline, while not a complete failure, isn't exactly silver lightening for Abyss's booking as of late. He's been made a complete idiot in light of his feud with Dr. Stevie, and the entire involvement of the divas was disastrous.

Now, what, besides your obvious bias, makes you think Chris Parks will fail on WWE? Let's start by the fact that he doesn't even has to be Abyss in there and we can get another character, and secondly, if you think that the only way to portray a disturbed, violent monster is constantly throwing yourself into thumbtacks, you are dead wrong.

PeepShow

I laughed a few weeks ago when he was shown beating the hell out of Stevie and then Stevie said "I put a muscle relaxant in your drink," and he stopped. So hilariously stupid.

chessarmy

His character has been made a complete idiot. The Abyss, the real and cool Abyss is lightyears from what TNA is presenting now. The storylines he has been put through are sometimes painful to see (see his copy feud of Taker/Kane/Bearer, or his entire run against RelliK and Black Reign). His current storyline, while not a complete failure, isn't exactly silver lightening for Abyss's booking as of late. He's been made a complete idiot in light of his feud with Dr. Stevie, and the entire involvement of the divas was disastrous.

Now, what, besides your obvious bias, makes you think Chris Parks will fail on WWE? Let's start by the fact that he doesn't even has to be Abyss in there and we can get another character, and secondly, if you think that the only way to portray a disturbed, violent monster is constantly throwing yourself into thumbtacks, you are dead wrong.

The only feuds you're naming are from 2-3 years ago, second of all, if you've seen Abyss' promos recently they've been tremendous. Also, if you've been paying attention to his CURRENT gimmick, you would know that Abyss is going back to the "real and cool Abyss" that you speak of. He's getting rid of the white attire, he's returning to his old self, the same person all of you creamed yourselves over years ago.

And I'm not saying that the only way to portray a disturbed monster is by throwing yourself into thumbtacks, because Abyss isn't just a disturbed monster, he has a unique gimmick that will NOT work with WWE's PG style.