• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

The only feuds you're naming are from 2-3 years ago

Did I say his ENTIRE run has been bad?

No, I said TNA has done a lousy job with him, and 2-3 years of bad booking is exactly that, lousy job handling Abyss.

And second, like I said, the one making the jump is Chris Parks, not Abyss.

EDIT: He's not that unique. Big crazy guy that loves to inflict and take pain by any means necessary.

EDIT again: Awesome promos. Oh yeah, like he's amazing "I'm sick, but I care about you Lauren" one. Or yeah, sure Abyss destroyed Dr. Stevie (before Stevie revealed that he had put muscle relaxers in your drink), but the mere fact that after all what has happened between the two...Abyss had an appointment with Dr. Stevie is mind boggling. The only decent promo was...yesterday. So your whole assumption of him going back to what he was (even though apparently he has a heart now and will protect Lauren) is based on what happened last show.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So if he'd do better in WWE, but you say he's nothing special anyway, what difference does it make whether he's in one company or the other? Either way he's not bringing your eyes to the TV so arn't you just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point? lol

chessarmy

Did I say his ENTIRE run has been bad?

No, I said TNA has done a lousy job with him, and 2-3 years of bad booking is exactly that, lousy job handling Abyss.

And second, like I said, the one making the jump is Chris Parks, not Abyss.

EDIT: He's not that unique. Big crazy guy that loves to inflict and take pain by any means necessary.

1. If you're going to bash Abyss, try and use examples that are at least recent

2. Abyss is to good a character to get rid of, if you want him to come to WWE as another generic big man I'm not sure what to tell you. And you say I'm biased...

3. Again, you said that his gimmick would work in WWE since he was a monster, but I said his gimmick isn't that of a monster, its more unique. So what you're implying is if Abyss went to WWE he would have to change his character, you really want that? Abyss has been fine lately, his character actually has history in TNA and at least he won't have to deal with the handcuffs the WWE will give him when it comes to the riskiness of his matches.

The Rated R CMStar

So if he'd do better in WWE, but you say he's nothing special anyway, what difference does it make whether he's in one company or the other? Either way he's not bringing your eyes to the TV so arn't you just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point? lo

I am not saying he will do better in WWE, but not because he will get turned into a comedy act, like Chessarmy is suggesting, or because they will water down his character or because TNA is doing a oh so much better work booking him than what WWE would do.

I said his character is not a unique gimmick. Chris Parks the wrestler might be succesful on WWE.

The Rated R CMStar

1. If you're going to bash Abyss, try and use examples that are at least recent

I used feuds of the LAST 2 and 3 years. How more resent do you want?

Again, you said that his gimmick would work in WWE since he was a monster, but I said his gimmick isn't that of a monster, its more unique. So what you're implying is if Abyss went to WWE he would have to change his character, you really want that? Abyss has been fine lately, his character actually has history in TNA and at least he won't have to deal with the handcuffs the WWE will give him when it comes to the riskiness of his matches.

I said disturbed monster. Abyss is a guy who loves inflicting pain, who loves pain...that's it. That's his entire character, twist and turn but that's in summary his entire character. Just find another way to inflict pain rather than thumbtacks and it's the same deal.

Also, once again I think I'm coming off from the wrong point of view in here. I don't want Abyss or Chris Parks in WWE. I am debating the fact that you seem to think WWE would make a worst job than TNA in booking Abyss, which I disagree.
I have edited my last post btw

Quintastic One

Reaction score
As my pros suggest in my first post, if WWE were to push him right and have him actually put on some good matches being able to take out the likes of Great Khali, Big Show and Kane, basically for real build him up as the Next Gen monster of WWE, he would be absolutely undeniable sick and over as hell.

But knowing WWE's track records with virtually every TNA talent they have brought over, Chris Parks is WISE to stay in TNA. Lord knows it would sadden my heart to see him as another Braden Walker, or have him jobbed out to hell like Christian Cage, or have him last all of 2 months of TV time like Monty Brown. Case in point, TNA alumni are NOT SAFE in WWE. So like the booking of TNA or not, its a much better place for Abyss.

Qwake

Atleast WWE try those guys out and if they don't like them or anything they get rid of them, shit, when TNA takes a WWE guy it doesn't matter if he sucks or not or whether he's over or not, he stays there for a long ass time.

Also, Punk and Kennedy were originally from TNA, Kennedy stayed for a long time and Punk has been World Champ twice so yeah.

Chris Parks is an idiot not to leave, he would get a shitload more money in WWE, with Kane leaving Parks would have a chance to be the most dominant Monster-like guy in the WWE once he left, Abyss would have a chance to have a big future, I'm not saying that WWE would definitely do that for Abyss but we all know Kane's getting ready to leave or so we've heard, they must have something planned if they were looking to bring Abyss in. If Abyss went back to his old ways with TNA then I'd be happy he agreed to stay with them.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Atleast WWE try those guys out and if they don't like them or anything they get rid of them, shit, when TNA takes a WWE guy it doesn't matter if he sucks or not or whether he's over or not, he stays there for a long ass time.

That's the problem. WWE would be "trying Chris Parks out" so he would leave TNA on bad terms obviously going to the competition, get a try out with WWE or only last two months in that Undertaker squash fued I keep referencing, and they'd drop him like a bad habit and he'd be out of a job for any company currently with a TV deal that matters.

Also, Punk and Kennedy were originally from TNA, Kennedy stayed for a long time and Punk has been World Champ twice so yeah.

Kennedy was so obscurely in TNA that I didn't even know that until you just mentioned it, so he obviously wasn't known as a former TNA guy going in. Also, CM Punk was more known as a ROH guy because the only time he spent in TNA was as Raven's lackey, which contradicted every other storyline going on in the independent scene between the two at that time. So I wouldn't consider CM Punk a valid counter point either.

The last paragraph of your post I generally agree with or just don't feel its important to argue every little detail.

The Rated R CMStar

But knowing WWE's track records with virtually every TNA talent they have brought over, Chris Parks is WISE to stay in TNA. Lord knows it would sadden my heart to see him as another Braden Walker, or have him jobbed out to hell like Christian Cage

Shelton Benjamin, Jack Swagger, Tommy Dreamer and David Hart Smith. That's everybody who has beaten Christian Cage since coming back. I really doubt that's "jobbing the hell out of someone".

Also, what are you on with Monty Brown? He was pushed virtually since the get go and the only time he was taken out of TV was because he requested it, due to the same reason that let to his release, taking care of his niece.

Great One

Looool yeah, putting tacks in your arms is a 'decent promo.' Fuck you.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Also, what are you on with Monty Brown? He was pushed virtually since the get go and the only time he was taken out of TV was because he requested it, due to the same reason that let to his release, taking care of his niece.

He lost alot of the matches he fought against the likes of Rob Van Dam in singles and in just about every tag match he fought on behalf of the New Breed, including Wrestlemania. But I suppose he should be greatful making it to the big dance in the first place. Otherwise his singles track record was fine.

And he's been taking care of his niece for a damn long time. lol

The Rated R CMStar

He lost alot of the matches he fought against the likes of Rob Van Dam in singles and in just about every tag match he fought on behalf of the New Breed, including Wrestlemania. But I suppose he should be greatful making it to the big dance in the first place. Otherwise his singles track record was fine.

Tagging with Burke and Thorn isn't exactly good for your win-lose record lol. But nah, he didn't exactly lose too many matches until the end of the New Breed, in which he even started losing singles matches, even if he was protected by DQ endings. He was also protected in the tag team matches.

But yeah, nothing too special of a career either.

Reaction score
^^^ It's not hard to "ruin" a character that is a bastardized version of characters that were already presented to those fans a decade earlier. If the E were to present him the way TNA presents him to fans who were never aware of the guy, they'd reject him because he looks like an obvious Kane/Mankind rip-off, so the E would have to tweak his image and look. Vince wouldn't ruin him, the character would ruin itself. People have seen it before.

I thought Abyss was a nice monster, but TNA has missed the fuckin boat with him more than Samoa Joe and AJ put together. I think it all fell apart when they rehashed the Paul Bearer/Kane father-son storyline with him and James Mitchell and Mesias. Either way, a change of scenery in the WWE where they NEED monster heels could take his career further. TNA is a stagnant turd and is just booking Abyss in circles like all it's other young talent.
And to the people that are hung up on WWE being "too PG" for this dude's character,pfftt... A real worker doesn't need barbwire or to cut themselves with thumbtacks to maintain their badass edge, there's plenty of violence in WWE in last man standing matches, cage, HIAC, Ladder matches and other what not. Blood does not measure brutality nor does it define Abyss' character. If thats all he did then he has no business in wrestling, go work for CZW and if your a fan that thinks Abyss needs to bleed or cut himself to be entertaining, your not into wrestling, your a masochist, go watch CZW.