2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm tweaking some settings, I'll post the results here so everyone is familiar with our over the top scoring settings

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
eh, actually all I did was change turnovers from minus 1 to minus 2

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Would you guys be interested in doing a draft on the board?

Once we get the teams set we could just start drafting on here in a thread.. it would give us something to kill time until the season. I'm sure we could get it knocked out by the time the season rolled around.

I could just set it so we do an offline draft, randomize an order and set up the thread, tagging each person when it is their pick. No reason we couldn't do a round per day.

thoughts? @Snowman @Senhor Perfect @Danielson @pottsy946 @Sharpy Sandow @Just Kevin @ect ect ect

I think it would be cool + it kills the trouble if finding a draft date that works for 12-14 people (or missing the draft completely like I did the last 2 seasons)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9274/teddy-bridgewater

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports rookie Teddy Bridgewater has already begun splitting first-team reps with Matt Cassel at Vikings camp.
Glazer reports there is "hugeeee optimism" about Bridgewater among team brass, and he's "definitely been more impressive than they expected." Cassel remains the slight favorite to start on Opening Day, but Bridgewater has quickly made it an interesting camp battle. Bridgewater's passing strengths are at the short and intermediate levels. He could be a great fit with Kyle Rudolph

Reactions: Snowman1

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

Once we get the teams set we could just start drafting on here in a thread.. it would give us something to kill time until the season. I'm sure we could get it knocked out by the time the season rolled around.

I could just set it so we do an offline draft, randomize an order and set up the thread, tagging each person when it is their pick. No reason we couldn't do a round per day.

thoughts? @Snowman @Senhor Perfect @Danielson @pottsy946 @Sharpy Sandow @Just Kevin @ect ect ect

I think it would be cool + it kills the trouble if finding a draft date that works for 12-14 people (or missing the draft completely like I did the last 2 seasons)

Works for me.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Will think about this draft idea. :)

While seeing Miami at #31 in your offense ratings immediately made me take a step back and say you're kinda crazy, on further thought maybe you are too high on them. While we don't like Gerhart, it's not hard to see why people are hyped. There's not a sing Dolphin you want to start in fantasy (minus the flex) which is sad.

Great job with the league D'Z. AND YAY YOU GOT RID OF KICKERS! Thanks man! League oughta be more fun now.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Will think about this draft idea. :)

While seeing Miami at #31 in your offense ratings immediately made me take a step back and say you're kinda crazy, on further thought maybe you are too high on them. While we don't like Gerhart, it's not hard to see why people are hyped. There's not a sing Dolphin you want to start in fantasy (minus the flex) which is sad.

Great job with the league D'Z. AND YAY YOU GOT RID OF KICKERS! Thanks man! League oughta be more fun now.
new OC, o line in shambles, mediocre at best skill players. yuck

the more I think about a board draft the more I like it. nobody misses the draft, no clock running out on picks and it extends the fun

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Whatever works for everyone else is fine by me

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
new OC, o line in shambles, mediocre at best skill players. yuck

the more I think about a board draft the more I like it. nobody misses the draft, no clock running out on picks and it extends the fun

The only bright spot for the Dolphins is that Tannehill and Wallace are forming a nice relationship on the field which should hopefully translate to better communication and less missed routes and dropped balls between them, and the new OC is allowing Wallace the chance to shine by placing him in multiple packages setting on different ends of the line.. unlike what the previous OC did in sticking him in 1 or 2 formations and limiting him. From the interviews I've seen Wallace is happier... that's a good thing. But, yeah the OL is still looking shitty... I thought that was taken care of and then Pouncey goes down with a hip injury.. Smith who's never worked center is filling in... maybe they'll get a rhythm going before the season starts... I hope.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Seeing Kevin grasping at straws is just depressing. Can the season start already?

Yeah more I think about the board idea the better it is. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Hey Dravice you as pumped for Steve Smith as I am? These highlights have turned out really good.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score

I personally like drafting using the websites system, especially in the later rounds where I might forget some people. Just do the draft day the earliest day possible.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hey Dravice you as pumped for Steve Smith as I am? These highlights have turned out really good.
Who wouldn't be? :letroll: He's been straight killing everybody in camp ESPECIALLY Chykie. Heard that the offense has been picking on him quite a lot so far.

By the way, I think I've made some sort of sense of the Will Hill signing. Darian Stewart is looking like the current starter, right? That leaves Jeromy Miles and Terrence Brooks as the main competition at FS. Let's face it, Jeromy Miles is a special teams standout, but as a free safety, he's a decent backup at best. Unfortunately for those hoping Brooks would be the second-coming of Ed Reed straight out of college, he's having trouble picking up the playbook and scheme. At this point in time he is running with the 3rd team. I'm unsure whether that is because of his learning trouble, or simply Harbs making the rookie work his way up the ladder like he did with Elam. (Until Huff completely busted in Week 1). Anyway, with Stewart's injury history, it isn't unreasonable to be worried that he'll hit the bench again this season. Hill was a starter in NY and a pretty good one, but has been suspended multiple times for drug violations, not to mention his current ban until week 6. I believe that Hill is an insurance policy in case Stewart goes down. The front office seems to have faith that he'll make it to week 6 at least.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I personally like drafting using the websites system, especially in the later rounds where I might forget some people. Just do the draft day the earliest day possible.
just print off a draft sheet and mark off players as they are picked you senile old bastard. that is no reason to not have a board draft

Status
Not open for further replies.