• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I will be watching Skip Bayless if Miami loses the series; oh the hate will be strong in that man

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Going with OKC in 6. Will say Russell Westbrook will be the star of the series instead of the obvious answer in Durant.

SAL

Reaction score
I don't think anybody's discussed the fact that, if the Thunder manage to steamroll the Heat and win in 4 or 5 games, we'll be talking about one of the better playoff runs in NBA history. Sure, the name value of the teams they beat is a little higher than those teams' actual talent, but if the Thunder finish 16-3 or 16-4, that's just absurd.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The fact that they won 4 in a row against the Spurs who were rolling through teams impresses me alone so yeah it will be quite impressive for a young team like this to have this kind of run.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
LeChoke

Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6, Not 7 ... How about 0?

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Finals preview and my prediction from blog. Lets go Heat!- The Uncommon One: Euro Cup/NBA Finals Smash

The NBA finals are right here and don't worry I'm absolutely ecstatic for it. I just put the Euro Cup ahead of it because so much had to be covered. I don't think I'll need to recap Game 7 especially since it was one of the most highest rated games in the past five years. I'm pleased with the game obviously and it was great to see Chris Bosh scoring on a consistent level again. The team united in the 4th quarter by playing excellent defense and letting the stars take over. It was the concept that always seems to work and it took over. Now here comes the real test with the Thunder against Heat. I had predicted this Finals like many so I'm not really bragging about it. Both teams are the best in the league and still are very much in their prime (Thunder are probably too young but their that good). I felt last year was an epic finals even though my team lost so abruptly after going up 2-1. I think this finals will top last year's based on how both teams are similar and have more star power. This could be one for the ages just like the Lakers versus Celtics in 2010.

Usually in the finals, you'll have a superstar big man on one of the teams. We've seen it ever since 2000 from Shaq, Duncan, Howard, Nowitzki, and Garnett among others. This is the first time that I can't find one superstar big men on each team. It goes to show you how much the NBA has changed where a great big man isn't needed anymore and its all about permitter players. You can get by without having a big man dominating the paint or a silky smooth jump shooter like Dirk. Each teams gets by with great wing play which shows how teams don't really need centers anymore. I'm talking about superstars so the Chris Bosh argument is invalid here. Bosh is an all star who will be called upon to step even more in this series. He's got a tough matchup against Serge Ibaka who made first defensive team in the NBA. This is going to be a real tough matchup for Bosh to score inside against the long arms of Ibaka. Bosh's best hope is continue taking jump shots which is working for him right now. If he continue to hit threes, it will be a long night for the Thunder. I'm not sure who starts for the Heat at center but I would assume Udonis Haslem. After the success of Bosh and Haslem, it would be a great duo. I know people may think Bosh is better off the bench because of how poor the Miami bench is but enough is enough. He's an all star and Battier will get his minutes eventually. Perkins versus Haslem should be a fun matchup with both hard nosed players. Perkins doesn't have a jump shot like Haslem but Perkins is a better on ball defender. This is a very difficult advantage but I'll go with Miami barley because of Bosh's performance in Game 7.

The back court will come down to Westbrook versus Wade. I'm not sure if Chalmers will guard Westbrook because he could struggle against speedy guards. Then again Wade might have to worry about Harden floating around. Westbrook struggled in the conference finals but I think he knows his role going forward. With the pace Durant is on, he'll know when to take it easy taking shots. The problem with Westbrook is that he'll average three to five bad shots a game. His decision making isn't on par with his scoring ability which is why he hasn't elevated into a truly elite point guard. This could be the series for him to make plays without scoring and taking good shots. Chalmers will get his chances to guard him but his inconsistent play has hurt him. He's had great moments like in Game 2 but he's had absolute duds in Game 5. I'm not sure how Spolestra is going to play him considering he wasn't on the court when Miami went on their big run in Game 7. Thunder get the edge in the backcourt simply because they have two stars in Harden and Westbrook. Harden has been a bit cold in the playoffs but he's had his moments of greatness. He could be in for a huge series against Miami's weak bench. Sefolesha should be getting more minutes this series though just to guard Wade so it will be interesting to see how Brooks manages time. Dwayne Wade has been playing like a roller coaster in the playoffs with his awful spurts but then his spurts of taking over. Wade will still be relied on to do things with his playmaking ability and how he can spread the floor. For the sake of Miami, hopefully his trend of slow starts to games end.

The obvious matchup is Kevin Durant versus LeBron James. These are the two best players in the NBA going at it which makes the finals so incredible. Even though I think will see Battier guard Durant at times, it should be a fun matchup. I give the advantage slightly to LeBron simply because he's the MVP and he can get to the hoop at will. I question if Durant can get into the paint against a Heat team that may be undersized but rotate so well. Also Durant's passing skills to be tested in this series with the Heat swarming him. He's not known for his passing so will he keep his turnovers limited or will it be a problem. James is an all around playmaker that can do it all for the most part. He'll still questioned about his finishing ability in the 4th quarter while Durant has been doing it the entire playoffs. I don't have speak too much about either player because you know what you will get. I originally predicted the Thunder in 7 and I'm actually staying with the pick. I think the home court advantage is too much even though Miami should steal one there. Oklahoma City will get Miami back on the road as well to make it even. I think the bench and defense are the difference makers for the Thunder. Miami still seems to struggle in long spurts of games and the Thunder will punish you. I hope I'm wrong but I'm sticking with my original prediction then Spolestra will sadly be fired.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
OKC take the first game. Funny little bit from Shane Helms's twitter:

Sunday Night Heat vs WCW Thunder…who’s everyone pulling for tonight? Big Sexy Kevin Durant or Road Dogg LeBron James?

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Its the Thunders year people!

I really hope the Thunder can pull this championship out.

Killswitch

Reaction score
The Thunder were a force in the second half. Miami needs to avoid the lull at the beginning of the third, can't allow second chance threes, can't depend on jumpers, and need more offense flowing through Bosh. All of those things will contribute to a game 2 win. Otherwise, they'll need to sweep at home and then try to do the same thing in game 6. IMO, game 2 will be the most important game in this series.

S_F

Reaction score
I would definitely agree with you on that. Game 2 and how it's won will most likely will dictate the remainder of the series. If the Thunder win, they're definitely in the drivers seat, but if the Heat win they're in great shape with the series heading back to Miami. If the Heat attack the rim more and rotate better on help defense they have a good chance in game 2.

Dademo

Reaction score
I'm back yall. Game 2 was a huge game for the Heat and showed that LeBron may have conquered his late game struggles. Only took one bad shot in the 4th but it was when he settled for a jumper. That clutch shot off the glass and two free throws with 7 secs left basically secured the game for the Heat. I picked Heat in 7, but depending on this game tonight I will change my prediction to Heat in 6 or keep it at 7.

Westbrook needs to pass more often, straight up. Kevin Durant is basically a 6'10 Kobe Bryant. You must feed that man. Stop trying to show me why your supposidely better than D-Rose, CP3, and Rondo. Kevin Durant has the ability to take over a game at anytime, give him the ball. Also Durant on the fastbreak is unstoppable. Find him on the break if you can Russell Westbrook.