2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That and they don't know their shit. I was legit laughing at Magic in the Lakers series when he said Kobe needed to win one more title to tie him and Kwreem with LA. I was like I thought 5 - 5 was equal. Even more funny was saying Turiaf won a title with the Lakers. I sometimes wonder of Magic watches

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm just gonna remember what they said today about how Boston has like 4 reliable catch and shooters to go to if Miami wins the next game so one of them will will then bash Boston for having guys who catch and shoot and rely too much on Rondo to create or some bullshit they come up with.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Can't believe no one has brought up this hilarious new t-shirt.

ORL6512.jpg

Can't be serious.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Come this summer it will say clearance

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Considering I read it was the magic's idea this gotta be them mocking him cause they know he's pretty much gone.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So anyone wanna' let the refs know that there can be 2 minutes of playing without an offensive foul called?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
NBA countdown crew back on the Miami bandwagon and back to calling Boston old and done.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Then when Boston wins it will be the celtics always do this in 7 ga,e series

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Friday basketball talk. How awesome have the playoffs been! This is from my blog http://theuncommonone.blogspot.com/2012/06/playoff-playout-part-6.html

Thunder 4 Spurs 2- I got to watch most of Game 4 and 6 while missing all of Game 5. Thanks to the glorious ESPN 3, I got to re watch major parts of the game so I got the full grasp of the upset in San Antonio. Game 4 was a really special game because it showed that the Thunder can win with their big men. Spurs have been challenging them to step up and score in the paint with their big men. It was on full display with Serge Ibaka having a memorable game scoring 26 points and shot 11 for 11. He showed off his mid range jump shot that he sometimes forgets about. His jump shot is so smooth yet people forget about it. Another bright spot was the emergence of Kendrick Perkins scoring 15 points from 7-9 shooting. Perkins was efficient and took what the defense could give him while even scoring on tough layups with the defender draped all over him. Despite the emergence of both men, it was the Kevin Durant show again. Durant scored 36 and really carried that Thunder team in the 4th quarter to win. Russell Westbrook realized that he had to back off and let Durant take over. Westbrook might have only shot of 2-10 but at least it wasn't 5-21 or something worse. He understood that he was struggling and became a decoy rather than force up tough shots. Both teams shot lights out and played really efficiently but in the end, it was the Thunder out rebounding the Spurs by 10 and that 2nd quarter spurt gave them enough comfort in the end. Spurs simply didn't step up in the end with Parker struggling to penetrate to the hoop and Danny Green missed several good looks. Leonard and Duncan carried the load for Spurs which is funny to see even though it always seems like one Spurs role player will break out. Leonard understands his limits and took whatever the defense could give him. Spurs bench never really exploded and Ginobili was held in check so it was the Spurs downfall in the end. They had their moments of excellence but the Thunder were becoming unstoppable offensively and it was over.

Game 5 was another highly efficient scoring game. It was surprising to see another game like this especially since both teams are so great defensively. With the big men being defended and respected through out the game, Thunder went back to their big three mode to win games. Kevin Durant had another terrific game with 27 points while Westbrook and Harden stepped up after tough Game 4's. Harden scoring 20 off of just 11 shots which showed that he took advantage of his open spots. Westbrook had another rough game shooting 9-24 but 12 assists shows that he can more than just a scorer. The Spurs changed up their tactics by putting more attention to the big men and taking out their flaws. Danny Green just saw four minutes while Gary Neal got more playing time even though he went 0-6. With Parker struggling to get his shot going and turning it over five times, it was Manu Ginobili carrying the load. Ginobili played like it was Game 1 all over again by dribbling wherever he wanted on the court and picking his spots whether it was near the rim or hitting one of his five threes. He was becoming relentless and not even Sefolosha could have stopped him who is considered the best defender on the Thunder. It was another tight game where Tony Parker failed to fully take over and Manu Ginobili was getting drained. Tim Duncan was having a solid game with 18 points on 7-10 shooting but eventually he faded away once the pressure started from the backcourt where the Thunder's guard were stepping up defensively. It was an odd finish but it was Durant once again rising above everyone. It was becoming apparent that the Spurs only major flaw was being exposed which was not only a shut down defender but also a player that can take over and not tire out like Ginobili. Durant didn't even score in the last two minutes but he played a part with Westbrook hitting a jumper and James Harden hitting the game clinching three.

Now I'm going into Game 6 really hoping for a Spurs win because I wanted to see a Game 7 on Friday because this series was so good. In the hostile environment of Oklahoma City that wasn't going to happen. Instead they were going to give us another classic game with 21 three pointers hit and a roller coaster game. Spurs were firing on all cylinders in the first half with Tony Parker and Tim Duncan putting an assault on the Thunder defense. Spurs went into half up by 15 and it seemed like the Thunder were starting to slip. The pick and roll was becoming a major problem for them and when they try to contain it, Stephen Jackson would fire away from three. Jackson scored 23 points thanks to 6-7 from three point range. Just when you thought the Spurs were going to run away from this game, the Thunder out score them by fourteen in the 3rd quarter. It was just another case of Kevin Durant being unstoppable with the basketball. He was getting to the free throw line more and he was willing to bang bodies down low on his way to fourteen rebounds. It was just another step to why Durant is a future hall of famer with a great 2nd half performances. With Ginobili suffering from foul trouble and Thunder closing down on Stephen Jackson, the Spurs were starting to sink. Parker's shooting fell off which led to him shooting just 12 for 27 after a very hot start. Duncan had an impressive 25 points and 14 rebounds which were consistent the entire game. Duncan wasn't letting up the entire game and got the better of Ibaka through out the game. It was a tight game to the end but finally Russell Westbrook had a great game. It has been a very tough series for Westbrook from shooting the ball and turnovers but he stepped up with a 25 point game on 9 of 17 shooting. They needed that production to help with Durant and James Harden not exploding enough to the basket. He seemed hesitant at times but he hit some big shots down the stretch. The Spurs cracks were starting to show and the great bench was becoming depleted thanks to poor play. Nobody stepped up as a whole on the bench and Thunder's star power put the series to rest. It was a terrific end to the series with the Thunder showing the Spurs clearly who's better.

MVP Of The Series- It has to be Kevin Durant with no debate possible. He was consistent every game and seemed to carry the Thunder at certain points of the series. He played the role of catalyst in clutch moments like in Game 5 and in Game 4 with Ibaka having a monster game. Durant was spectacular through out the series and deserves all the praise he can get. Everyone thought the Spurs were going to run away with this series after the first two games along with myself included. Durant didn't let that happen and kept pushing eventually getting the huge home victories then the major upset on the road. The Spurs were expected to be the powerhouse of the West and steam roll competition after the first two rounds. It was great to see the forgotten team and my pick to win the championship show them who's boss. My six game prediction actually was on point so I'm proud of myself for that. Oklahoma City showed the world that a team that has a solid eight man rotation can get the job done. They have to be considered the favorite going into the finals.

Heat 3 Celtics 3- For the first time since 2005, we will have a Game 7 in the Conference Finals. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't root for either team you will love this series. If you love any of these teams, you have probably suffered from intense yelling and said f*** these refs on a consistent basis. I'll go back to Game 4 like I said above when the series got even more interesting. This was a depressing first half for me with at least three moments during the half making me want to stop watching. The energy was flat while Boston was just lively with Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce taking control of the court. It was a just complete Boston blow out in the first half with the Heat looking extremely lifeless. They cut the score down to 14 at halftime so I decided that I'll keep my interest in. That was the right move because Miami slowly chipped away at the lead. It wasn't a huge defining run to get them back in the game but consistent stops got them in striking distance. LeBron started to catch fire from the field even though he played pretty solid in the first half. Dwayne Wade had his usual third quarter where he finally wakes up after a horrendous first half. Chalmers had his moments of driving to the hoop and making some nice finishes to the rack but he struggled with his outside shot all game. Eventually the Heat were just down by five going into the fourth and I had some optimism. Boston was missing several shots with the elite Heat defense really stepping up. Norris Cole was even stepping up with some big minutes grabbing some steals and making things frustrating for Rondo. Ray Allen went cold after a hot start and Boston was really starting to look lost offensively. Miami actually shot better than them but once again their three point shooting let them down. A few good looks for Battier and Chalmers late in the 4th quarter came back to haunt Miami while Pierce still manages to hit tough spinning fadeaway jumpers at will. The game eventually went to overtime although I wasn't feeling confident like in Game 2. Udonis Haslem was really stepping up which is great to see because I truly believe Haslem is one of the best role players in the NBA and to see him grab 17 rebounds is remarkable for a guy who's just 6'8. The overtime had Pierce and LeBron foul out to really questionable calls but I can understand why it happened. Pierce clearly ran over Battier trying to get open while LeBron did the same thing to Piertus. It made the game strange though and it was time to see what team can win without their best permitter player. It turned out to Boston with some gritty play from Rondo cutting into the lane. Garnett played big minutes even though he struggled with his shot all game. Heat had two chances to win the game in regulation then it overtime but it never seemed to click. Dwayne Wade got a decent look but he's never been a three point shooter so for people to say it was a great look is ludicrous. It looked like it was going in but in the end Wade's poor shooting night comes back to haunt him. After that game, I questioned if he was healthy and I was already making rants on twitter that Chris Bosh needs to come back.

My wish was granted and Bosh returned in Game 5. The game itself was hard to watch because the Heat have made a living in the playoffs off winning in the 3rd quarter. Instead they were outscored by seven in that quarter. They got off to a good start with LeBron James controlling the game with his shooting and getting to the hoop at will. Bosh made his return and immediately made an impact with a spinning layup with the foul that had him flipping out. If someone can find me that facial expression of Bosh screaming come on, I'll buy you a beer or lunch. I've tried looking it up for ten minutes this morning and I haven't found it. It was just alarming how Boston stayed in the game even though Rondo and Pierce was playing horrible. They couldn't hit any jump shots while Rondo started to turn the ball over too much. Boston got some great production from the bench which is shocking. Michael Piertus made some big shots in the second quarter to keep the game single digits despite his diminished offensive skills. After struggling with his shot all season, he hit some nice shots in 2nd quarter along with Garnett who dominated this game. Garnett has been incredible in the playoffs but I can't fully praise him when he's getting guarded by Battier or James. They are small forwards that have no business guarding Garnett so for me, I'm not really impressed by Garnett's dominance. He should be putting up numbers against smaller defenders with his height and strength advantage. Garnett had 26 points and 11 rebounds for his efforts though and the numbers were great but he's exploited a Miami flaw so I can't say that I'm in awe of Garnett's performance. Both teams were just off for most of the night and it turned into a defensive slugfest. Haslem couldn't keep his good shooting performances going and Bosh was limited to 14 minutes. I know the debate about Bosh playing in crunch time and how he should have played but it's a tough decision. He didn't look that great but he's a star player and I would have approved of him playing in crunch time. In the end, it was just LeBron scoring with little support. Wade came on in spurts of the game but I was shocked to read he shot 10 for 22. It seemed to be a lot worse but Wade did have some great moments. Boston simply got too many stops and Paul Pierce hitting that three pointer after struggling with his shot all night was the dagger. Even with Pierce and Rondo playing horrible, Miami couldn't prevail and it led to me seriously doubting this team on the way home.

It was strange to see an elimination game this early but it was happening. I'm so conflicted right now that I was struggling to be worried because it seemed like Miami's fate was sealed. LeBron James didn't think so and decided to take over single handily. James put on a show last night in the first half with an absolute assault on Boston whether it was from driving to the rim or his mid range jumper. He couldn't be controlled and Boston didn't bother to give him more help which was shocking. James had 30 of Miami's 55 points in the first half which is scary. James gets all the criticism in the world yet other than Game 2, he's played outstanding in just about every game this series. Boston never looked like a threat even though Rajon Rondo was doing all he can to keep this competitive. Rondo was driving to the hoop at will with his speed and craftiness. The second half came and Rondo was shut down by Miami's swarming defense. He tried to pass but Miami was playing like a team that had their backs against the walls. They were flying to the ball which led to the Celtics shooting 1-14 from three point range. Paul Pierce was brutal in the game from foul trouble to eventually his shooting. Pierce isn't healthy as well but you have to do something else when the jump shot isn't falling. I'm not saying he shot Boston out of the game but he played a good part in why Boston was blown off the floor. Even when Boston was edging closer being down ten, LeBron would answer with a three. It was his night to shine and he took it by scoring 45 points. It was a legendary performance along with great defense all around. Bosh got to play more minutes even though he still doesn't look great offensively. Miami will need his offense if they make it to the finals but right now it's mostly about defense and rebounding. Boston simply laid down in the fourth quarter and decided they'll be ready for Game 7. I have to applaud the great Boston crowd for chanting "Let's Go Celtics" when the game was ending. The fans are very loyal and they have confidence in their team that they can beat Miami again on the road.

I'm not doing an MVP of the series yet although it's clearly LeBron James even if Miami were to lose. He's been on another level especially after last night with that shooting clinic. Now Game 7 is tomorrow night and I'm literally stoked for this one. Miami has me energized again and I'm expecting a big performance. Bosh should start in this game although if they want to bring him off the bench, he'll get 25 to 30 minutes. I just don't see the meaning of starting Battier anymore although he was outstanding defending Paul Pierce last night. He could come off the bench and play in crucial moments of the game. This Game 7 is a toss up because both teams proved they can win on the road in this five star classic series. Since Miami has the better finishers to games, I'm leaning towards Miami but it wouldn't surprise me if Pierce and Rondo exploded with big games. Hopefully Miami's awful crowd can finally get loud and actually give Miami some kind of home court advantage. This is Game 7 and a chance to go to the NBA finals, what more do you need not to get loud? I'm not making a prediction although I think we can all say that my prediction of Miami winning in five is long gone. This is a toss up but if the Heat lose, I'll be pretty depressed because after LeBron James performance and that defensive intensity, how do you lose after a performance like that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well was a good run for Boston but that team is probably gonna look a lot different come next season.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I think Heat is gonna win the series against OKC. LeBron gonna get his first ring.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Considering how far the Celtics got with all of the injuries they've dealt with I'm pretty happy with their season. Not gonna lie though, it would've been awesome to see this group of Celtics win another championship.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
OKC wins title. I didn't even know who I wanted to lose more! Miami and the big 3 who thought it was going to be easy or Boston who would be closer to title 18 and winning 2 with their core. I wish there was a way to make both lose tbh. That said I'm still rolling with OKC boasting Miami and both Miami and Boston getting blown up

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm cheering for an OKC win, would have no matter who they faced, but this series should be damn good. Hope it goes 7.