Zack Ryder interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
WWE star Zack Ryder recently sat down with Maurice Kneisel of theWrestlingPress.com for an in-depth interview to discuss his Youtube show and WWE career to date, here are a few highlights:

Kneisel: ….Speaking of Cena – he and CM Punk did a lot for your career by supporting you when you started the show.

Ryder: Absolutely! Cena, CM Punk, Miz, Dolph Ziggler – there’s so many guys who, when I first started my YouTube show, would retweet my link. That was a huge help since I did not have many followers, it got me so many more views. Without those guys I don’t know how successful the show would have been. There are other people, like Curt Hawkins, who started a YouTube show and it just didn’t take off. Not because it wasn’t good, it just didn’t get the viewership.

Kneisel: Do you think comedy characters like Santino Marella or – no offense – you can win the big one, the World Title?

Ryder: Santino, right now, is on top of the world, he’s the United States Champion. But I don’t think I’m a comedy character. Am I funny, is my YouTube show funny? Yeah, sure! But go back and watch my match at TLC versus Dolph Ziggler – that wasn’t a comedy match, that match stole the show. I think I have the potential to win the big one.

Kneisel: ….Speaking of the best episodes – what’s your favorite scene from the show?

Ryder: My favorite scene? (laughs) I mean, there’s so many. One of my favorites, off the top of my head, is definitely my training montage that I filmed for the Nassau Coliseum, Long Island show in June, I think it was episode 17. Kind of like a Rocky-style video montage. It was pretty ridiculous and that was one that took me forever to do. But in the end, it was great, one of my favorite things and I had a lot of fun.

Read the full interview at Zack Ryder Interview | thewrestlingpress.com

Nice to see him praising people like Punk, Cena, Ziggler etc

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is true that while his character does have comedy to it he doesn't have comedy style matches like Santino does half the time. Who knows if he can win the world title one day because while it's easy to say that he never will in the position he is in now back when he debuted I didn't think he would have amounted to anything more than a tag wrestler and he obvious has so we'll see.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still think that with this version of his gimmick he is too much of a comedy character to be taken seriously as a maineventer. Even if his matches are serious, which they are, his persona has been a bit too over the top comedic. The good news is he can easily alter his gimmick slightly to become more serious and to be taken more seriously as a wrestler. Good to see him thank those that helped him get the exposure to eventually get back on television in a decent role.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Not a bad interview he has a good atitude

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So he agrees he is a joke but he also thinks he can win the big one? I don't clearly understand that unless he thinks he is KANE who is a joke who won the big one. That is a completely different kind of joke, though.

Also saying that his match at TLC stole the show is insulting. It may have the best crowd reaction when he won and was a special moment for his push but my god I can't agree with that.

It's like he doesn't know he's a complete chump.

BDC

Reaction score
How many remember Cena when he was feuding with the Undertaker on Smackdown?

I rest my case...