Your Top 10 Matches....OF ALL TIME!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Personally, I thought the Angle/Lesnar WM match was pretty bad, even if it did give me like the biggest lol moment in like ever.

Admittedly the finnish crapped over the match, but c'mon man, credit where credit's due... If Brock had have hit that SSP, most fans would have been all over that match as one of the best ever... How often do you get such a spectacular finnish like that in a WM ME (or any heavyweight match for that matter)?

(They way Brock gets that gleam in his eye as if to say, "nah, this shit ain't over JUST yet" is sweet!)

seX-Power

^ I personally can judge a whole match on one moment. It's probably due to my perfectionism, but that SSP really pissed me off. Admittedly that match was pretty alright, but not one of the best for me.

Airfixx

Haven't you pretty much contradicted the entire sentiment of your previous post? LOL

...The botch pissed you off BUT made you laugh.

...You 'cannot' seperate the match from the botched finish, yet take some value from it (though not the rest of the match).

seX-Power

^ I do that a lot lol, but I admit I only saw snippets of that match (most of it) and nothing I saw was worth orgasming (or even MOTYing) over.

I hate it when people prove me wrong and I know I'm wrong so I either change my original opinion or change the subject entirely...

SO WHO LIKES PIE?

Airfixx

Hahaha... Fair 'nuff.

10 of my fave matches.... (I'm crap at ranking things!)

Hogan v Savage (WM5) <<< Says all you need to know about Savage.
Bret v Perfect (SSlam91)
Taker v HBK (HIAC - BadBlood97)
Bret v Bulldog (SSlam92)
Bret v Piper (WM8)
Orton v Benoit (SSLam04)
Austin v Rock (WM15)
Rockers v Brain Busters (2/3falls - SNME89)
Bret v Bam Bam (KOTR93)
Angle v Mysterio (SSlam02)

Honorable mention for Taker v Edge (HIAC - SSlam08)

Edit: I'll be damned if I'm leaving HHH v Rock (Ironman @ Judgement Day '00 off of this post!)

Re: Pie.... Chicken & Mush or Poontang? ;o]

Moonlight Drive

Imagine if he hit that SSP though, that match would've been hailed as one of the greatest WM Main Events ever.

Re: Pie...I think he meant a little bit of both..

Beer Money Army

this is pby my favourite matches in the history of the wwe in no order...

Savage vs Steamboat wm 3
1992 Rumble
Hart vs Bulldog slam 92
Owen vs Bret WM X
HBK Vs Ramon WM X
Bret Vs Owen Slam 94
HBK Vs Ramon Slam 95
Bret Vs HBK WM 12
bret vs austin wm 13
Hart Foundation Vs Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, LOD Canadian Stampede 1997
Taker Vs HBK Badd blood 97
HHH vs Cactus Rumble 2000
TLC 1 slam 2000
HHH vs Austin NWO 2001
Angle Vs Benoit Rumble 2003
2004 Rumble
HHH vs HBK Vs Benoit WM 20
HBK Vs Angle WM 21

MY ROH list:

Samoa Joe Vs CM Punk (all 3 title matches, Not there Non title match)
Samoa Vs Kenta kobashi (2005)

please note these matches are dipset 5 STARS Matches

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
1. Triple H vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Rock- Summerslam '01-'02?
This is the match that got me into wrestling. I saw it live on pay per view with my cousin. The action was amazing, and its probably the only match I'd go back, and watch.

2. Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels- Wrestlemania XX
Probably the best triple threat match ever. Its a shame WWE will never acknowledge it again, but still... The match was amazing, and will never be forgotten.

3. The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan- Wrestlemania X-8
Amazing match featuring the new, and the old. The epic staredown is looked back on today.

4. John Cena vs. Triple H- Wrestlemania XII
How come I'm the only one who looked back on this match!? This match was great in my opinon, and kept me on the edge of my seat. Cena put on a hell of a match, and Cena haters have to admit to that.

5. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker- Bad Blood '97
The first Hell In A Cell. The action was intense, and it debuted a great star. This match was very well put, and is a perfect example of the pre-Cena WWF/E.

6. John Cena vs. Edge- Unforgiven '06
I personally loved this match. I bought the DVD just for it. The maneuvers done by Edge, and even Cena were amazing. I remember Edge doing some move on a ladder, and onto the fans or something. Amazing..

7. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H- Summerslam '04
Amazing Last Man Standing match. My two favorite superstars, and this match was so big to me at the moment. With their history with DX, then imploding in '01, or '02. I'm happy on how it ended as I couldn't picture neither walking away with the title that night.

8. Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle- Wrestlemania 21
Great wrestling, and action. I really was pulling for Michaels on this one, but the end was still great. This rivalry was well booked, and written. I hope this rivalry will one day rekindle.

9. Shawn Michaels vs. Booker T vs. Triple H vs. Kane vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho- Survivor Series '02
The first Elimination Chamber match, and it gave HBK another run to add to his resume. The action was amazing, and RVD pulling a 'spiderman' onto the cage was amazing.

10. Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels- Wrestlemania XIX
Of course, this match was a dreamer from the beginning. With all the hype these two had, and putting them in a match was great. Y2J + Sweet Chin Music= Awesome!!

If you were to ask me again I'd probably change a lot of the list. These are off the top of my head, except for the first three. I still haven't downloaded the Edge vs. The Undertaker Hell In A Cell match, but am very excited to do so. Several other great matches include

Surivover Series '03: Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff
Wresltemania XXIV: Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania XIX: The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Wrestlemania XX: Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar
Unforgiven '05: Matt Hardy vs. Edge
Wrestlemania X-8: The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair
Summerslam '04: Randy Orton vs. Chris Benoit

There are so many more.

Moonlight Drive

^^He said LMS, so I assume the match he's talking about is the one from RR 2004.

Triple H vs Eugene? I have got to see that match

Airfixx

Yeah, it's the Rumble then....

re: HHH v Eugiene.... Yet another example why da 'H ain't exactly the self-serving bastard he's made out to be... Seriously, why would a wrestler of his callibre and pull get involved in a match like that if it wasn't for the good of the company and his collegues?

Wild Rover

Reaction score
Bret Hart v Mr. Perfect (SS91)
Bret Hart v British Bulldog (SS92)
Bret Hart v Steve Austin (SvS96)
Shawn Michaels v Undertaker (Badd Blood 97)
Owen Hart v Bret Hart (WM10)
Bret Hart v Mr. Perfect (KOTR 93)
Bret Hart v Steve Austin (WM13)
Mitsuharu Misawa v Kenta Kobashi (1/20/97)
Canadian Stampede 97
Bret Hart v Roddy Piper (WM8)

paRtyliKearOckstar

Reaction score
So, what are your all-time favourite matches?

Here's my list:

1) Kurt Angle VS Shawn Michaels-Ironman-Raw Homecoming
Many people are going to cite this as an odd choice, but this is the match that made me an eternal wrestling fan.

2) Shawn Michaels VS Ric Flair-Wrestlemania 24
It was emotion charged and had a great story behind it. The 'I'm sorry, I love you' was truly the icing on the cake and the action was solid. If you didn't feel some sort of emotion watching this match you are not a wrestling fan

3) Undertaker VS Edge-Hell in a Cell-Summerslam 2008
An Instant Classic. Edge IS Smackdown, and this feud has carried Smackdown since 'Mania. The match itself was insane, some crazy spots we've never seen before like the spear thorough the cell and it was just awesome

4) Shawn Michaels VS Triple H-Street Fight-Summerslam 2002
It was HBK's return, not much can top that. after not competing for 4 years, Michaels and Triple H pulled out a 45 minute classic which I don't think will ever be forgotten

5) Shawn Michaels VS Triple H-Last Man Standing-Royal Rumble 2004
Another classic between the two. It was also a classic ending to a brutal match which set up the best Triple Threat of all time.

6) Shawn Michaels VS Bret Hart-Ironman-Wrestlemania 12
I'm surprised myself how much this has fallen down, I remember when it was number 1. Both men went all out for 60 minutes (well more like 62) and it was the official passing off the torch to Michaels

7) Shawn Michaels VS Triple H VS Chris Benoit-Wrestlemania 20
The greatest Triple Threat of all time. All men bled and put everything they had in the ring. From top to bottom, one of the greatest 'Mania Main events of all time

8) Owen Hart VS British Bulldog-Raw 1997
I just saw this match on the Raw XV DVD and it is amazing. It just shows how much of a loss the death of these two was. RIP

9) Mankind VS Shawn Michaels-Mind Games 1996
The greatest match of Foley's career in my opinion. Once again Michaels and Foley did all they could to be on a great show and it paid off. There was a great story behind it and I enjoyed it top to bottom

10) Shawn Michaels VS Undertaker-Hell in a Cell-Bad Blood
The first Hell in a Cell and if it wasn't for Edge/Taker I'd say the best. It was a classic and it laid the foundation for what has become one of the most popular match types ever

I've got SOOO many more I wish I could've put on, but this isn't Top 30

Post your lists people​

There are only two matches I really disagree with on this list.

The first on being HHH vs. Michaels at royal Rumble 04. I have the DVD, so I've seen that match about a million times, and I must say, that match is totally overrated, and I much prefer their match from Raw from the end of 03. This just seemed like a lot of punches to me, and never that great.

Also, why the fuck is everyone overrating the Summerslam match between Edge and Undertkaer so much. Yes, it was entertaining and great, but it was by no means a classic. Yea, there were some cool innovative spots, but they didn't really sell the pain too well at all. Again, a very, very good match, but by no means a classic. I'ts only that it's fresh on everyone's mind, judge again in ten years.

And, wow, I like Edge, but saying smackdown is Edge, is way too overrated. This feud was very boring for a long time, so that didn't carry SD either.

Anyway, my list:

Now, before you read it, realize that I have not seen every fucking match ever, much less from the "golden ages" of the WWF. This is from what I have seen.

10) Eddie Guerrero vs. Brock Lesnar-2004-The emotion was just so great in this match, and everything was just done so perfectly.

9) Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels-Street Fight-2002-This was just a classic, with the huge turn angle, this was the height of it, seemed like the two men HATED each other.

8) Low Ki vs. Bryan Danielson-2008-Has anyone seen this? If you have, you'll know what I'm saying.

7) Steve Austin vs. Chris Benoit-2001-This Smackdown match is a must see. It just builds up so perfectly, and there is great technical wrestling, brawling hardcore spots, and it all looked nasty.

6) Terry Funk vs. Ric Flair-1989-Terry Funk just kept calling Flair a bastard, and it led to this greatness.

5) Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit-2004-Man, the way it was built up, and then this match, who you really didn't know who was going to win until Benoit did. The celebration made it that much better.

4) Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle-Steel Cage-2008-Ok, I know I'm going to take shit for this, but I shall explain. They incorparated MMA into this perfectly, as in, they used a lot of cool M<MA holds, but they kept it as wrestling, and didn't copy MMA exactly. Frank Trigg was at his best here, making it seem extremely realistic, and it just worked perfectly.

3) Cactus Jack vs. Triple H-Street Fight-2000-This was the epitome of a great hardcore match. All the spots wroked perfectly, and the pedigree onto the thumbtacks was sick!

2)Shawn Michaels vs. Breat Hart-1996-Just a classic. they went mano a mano, and duked it out for 60 (or 62 as was earlier posted) minutes, and that is why Wresttlemania is Wrestlemania.

1)Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair-2008-The emotion was the best EVER, and no one can dispute that. I actually started crying when he said, "I'm sorry, I love you," and it was the best thing the WWE has put on in years. Only problem was that it should have been given more time.

Honorable Mantions:

Angle vs. Michaels-2005
Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black-2008
Hogan vs. Andre The giant-1985
Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior-1990
The Rock vs. Steve Austin-2001

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The Rock v. Hogan - WMX8
The Rock v. HHH - Backlash 2000 (I'm the first one to say this one?)
TLC #1 - Summerslam 2000
Sting v. Hogan - Starrcade 97
The Rock v. Undertaker v. Kurt Angle - Vengence 2002

Can't recall the dates or the events of the Rock/Austin saga but the second match was my favorite. And again, I'm the first to mention Backlash 2000?! The double Rock Bottom people!