Yet another Sting signed thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sting has indeed signed a deal with WWE. There’s no word yet on details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on TV, but not right away.

It’s said that the deal has been close to being done for a while but now it has been signed. Sting’s assumption was that he would work with The Undertaker, which many expected, but that’s up in the air with Taker’s future now in question.

The deal includes Sting being on television, but whether that’s as a regular character or just to build for one match at next year’s WrestleMania, that isn’t clear. He obviously won’t be a full-time wrestler.

(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

Sorry jumped the gun on this thread....Should be titled "Yet another Sting signed thread"

Taking this with a grain of salt and won't buy it until I see him on TV, but it's pretty interesting that this story says he actually signed instead of the usual "in talks" speculation that always happened.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm still like... who cares. Its been teased for so long that now if it has officially happened... well I dunno. Yay?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
In regards to reports of Sting finally signing a deal with WWE, word is that WWE sent Sting his contract several days ago but as of yesterday, he had not returned it.

The belief is both sides were on terms and an agreement is in place but as of yesterday, pen to paper on Sting’s side had not been returned to WWE.

There is no indication of any serious hold-up, at least from the WWE side. Those in the company even before WrestleMania XXX were working with the impression that he was on board.

(Source: F4Wonline.com)

So looks like backpeddling from the sheets. still not holding my breath for a match, but he would definitely be a major asset for the network and dvd productions.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's a really interesting situation though because I'm sure he's gone on record in the past with saying that he wants a one and done match with Undertaker at WrestleMania and now that the streak is over it kind of throws his role up in the air. Would be interesting to learn from him whether or not he was waiting for the match at Mania against Brock to happen before committing to the original deal.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its possible than he will still sign, but as deezy said maybe it will be more for a HOF/Legends deal. He could maybe make a rumble appearance or a one off match with someone like Cena or Punk. I don't think he would have left TNA if he didn't want to do something with WWE.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2