XWE REVAMPED!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Backstory of XWE:
XWE was an indy promotion going on 10 years. For the longest time they just barely scraped by with the small amount of talent they could afford. With sinking ratings from the small television deal they had, which has since terminated the contract they had been doing whatever they could. In that same time, companies such as TNA, ROH and even WWE have also taken a hit.

Eric Bischoff who had been under contract with TNA for a couple years was released as big time budget cut. In a show of good faith, owner of XWE John Ryder has offered Eric Bischoff a job within the company with some expectations, to not only get them some kind of television deal, but to also find someone who could get them talent.

Since hiring Eric Bischoff XWE has slowly risen to the top. They have recently bought out smaller companies like Chikara and Pro Wrestling Guerilla and look to sign a deal with Ring of Honor.

In present day, XWE has become on the biggest things in wrestling today without a major television deal. They just bought out ROH, looking to eventually sign a deal with TNA who recently cut a few of their superstars. A few WWE superstars have asked for their release to work for XWE in hopes of finding a steady paycheck. XWE was incredibly lucky when Jim Ross asked for his release to go to a company he felt had some great potential. John Ryder is seemingly very happy with this and is very excited to announce to the world his new roster of talent which consists of varying talents from each major company.

XWE Roster:
Abyss
Alex Riley
Antonio Cesaro
Big E. Langston
Bo Dallas
Bobby Roode
Brodus Clay
Christian
Chris Sabin
Christopher Daniels
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Darren Young
Davey Richards
Dolph Ziggler
Eddie Edwards
Evan Bourne
Heath Slater
Jay Briscoe
Jay Lethal
Justin Gabriel
Kazarian
Kenny King
Kevin Steen
Kofi Kingston
Mark Briscoe
Michael Elgin
R- Truth
Ricochet
Roman Reigns
Sami Callihan
Seth Rollins
TJ Perkins
Ted DiBiase
Tensai
Titus O’Neil
Tyson Kidd
Zack Ryder

Currently XWE is going to be booking those with more name value to get their product better known. There is supposedly 2 brands which means more talent will be brought up later on. Some fans will notice that it is mostly made up of WWE, ROH and TNA stars. Jim Ross along with Bischoff and John Ryder are making it clear they do like the talent from every show, but some need to hone their skills more. A draft for both brands will commence in a week time when Mr. Ryder and his companions have fully decided. More announcements to follow.​

So I've decided to actually try this again as I appear to have more time for this stuff. They won't be full shows however, mostly matches with aftermath and storylines and such. Just the basics that help get the show going. Eventually if I can I'll be doing actual shows, but for now it's just this. Expect more stuff later on after I think some things over.

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
The story behind the company is definitely interesting--as well as believable. Eric Bischoff, for as much hate as he gets for his association with Hogan, is a great wrestling mind. I really like the wide array of wrestling styles represented on the roster. Will be keeping an eye open for updates, man!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see another member post a BTB. Like the story behind it, would have been cool to see it from when Bischoff took over but I can understand the appeal of doing it now that it is on top. Strong roster, a lot of names there so I am curious as to how you book them.

Don't worry about not doing full shows, I say to the other BTBers that they don't need to write huge matches and stress themselves out, simple works as well.

Good luck!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
John Ryder has given a list of names per brand. These are the rosters.

Monday Night Mayhem:
Abyss
Big E. Langston
Bo Dallas
Brodus Clay
Chris Sabin
Davey Richards
Eddie Edwards
Jay Briscoe
Justin Gabriel
Kevin Steen
Mark Briscoe
Michael Elgin
Ricochet
Sami Callihan
Seth Rollins
Ted DiBiase
Tensai
Tyson Kidd
Zack Ryder

Friday Night Explosion:
Alex Riley
Antonio Cesaro
Bobby Roode
Christian
Christopher Daniels
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Darren Young
Dolph Ziggler
Evan Bourne
Heath Slater
Jay Lethal
Kazarian
Kenny King
Kofi Kingston
R-Truth
Roman Reigns
TJ Perkins
Titus O'Neil

John Ryder has also announced that a tournament to determine the first ever XWE Tag Team Champions will commence next week with the card being:

Brodus Clay & Tensai(Tons of Pain) vs Kofi Kingston & R-Truth(Truth in Paradise)

Jay & Mark Briscoe vs Christopher Daniels & Kazarian(Bad Influence)

Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards(American Wolves) vs Darren Young & Titus O'Neil(Prime Time Players)

Bo Dallas & Chris Sabin vs Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow(Rhodes Scholars)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Tag team tournament :mark: Sucks that the Briscoes and Bad Influence are facing off in the first round but good list of teams for the tournament.

Looking at the roster split and it seems pretty even, not sure who the stars are going to be though. Interested in seeing who you decide to use as the top guys on each brand.