• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

X-Division Changes

Troy

Dixie Carter‏@TNADixie
Exciting meetings today in Chicago!

New rules coming to X-Division matches starting on 3/21 #ImpactLIVE.

Wonder what these new rules will be. It can't be a weight limit since the new rules are for the matches and not for the division in general. Maybe a time limit? All gimmick matches?

Cwalker

Wasn't a weight limit added a few years ago? Like 225 or something like that?

Anyway, probably a time limit or a ranking system

Troy

Surely RVD would be more than 225lb, he would be a heavyweight.

I am thinking time limit, they have flirted with rankings before but gave up on them too quickly. Would be worth another shot if they were to stick with it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
X-Division will get a whole 5 minutes to showcase themselves on Impact every week. Then slapped together title match on the next PPV.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES!!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
They added a weight limit after Kendrick won the belt from Abyss, but then they said fuck that noise when they had Joe/Aries for the belt, but even then Hulk said the weight limit would only be suspended that one night for Joe.

As for the new rules, :lmao :lmao those are my thoughts

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
The X-Division needs another overhaul again anyways and it sucks because they just had that Destination X PPV like 7 months ago. Yeah, it sure helped that they built all those guys up only for the months following it to be them all being buried by RVD. Hopefully, the new rule changes require that you have to be as good as Douglas Williams on the mat and DIVES ARE ILLEGAL.

Captain Charisma

Weight limiting will be good as X Division is for those who are really athletic. There isnt' much athletic person except Joe.

I hope they added the rule which will " Every X-Division title defense must contested under Ultimate X rules ". They'll add some greatness.

Troy

Still not clear on what these changes will be. Maybe every match has to be a triple threat match. Or they could steal the stipulation for the TV title in that it has to be defended each week and then they can drop the meaningless TV title.

Franco

Dixie just likes to scream "Announcement!", "Change!", "New and better!" and in reality nothing ever changes.

Troy

It is a classic example of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. She needs to just announce the changes rather than trying to build things up to be bigger than they actually are. That way they wont be a letdown as there will be no expectations.