WWE WrestleMania 36 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I love all of Undertaker and pretty much everything he’s done. If I had to pick favorite incarnations it would be either Ministry of Darkness Undertaker or Big Evil Red Devil Undertaker, both heel personas for him I think he plays the heel so well imo.

MoD Taker was just pure evil, and Big Evil was just a mean, ticked off bully and he played both of them so well.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I love all of Undertaker and pretty much everything he’s done. If I had to pick favorite incarnations it would be either Ministry of Darkness Undertaker or Big Evil Red Devil Undertaker, both heel personas for him I think he plays the heel so well imo.

MoD Taker was just pure evil, and Big Evil was just a mean, ticked off bully and he played both of them so well.
While we disagree on the all incarnations, we both agree the two best or our favorites are both the Ministry and Big Evil.

Big Evil is criminally underrated. Both his heel run initially and even the babyface run in late 2002 to 2003.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Sabretooth

Reaction score
While we disagree on the all incarnations, we both agree the two best or our favorites are both the Ministry and Big Evil.

Big Evil is criminally underrated. Both his heel run initially and even the babyface run in late 2002 to 2003.

I agree with you but I just feel like he’ll always be the Deadman.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
“Some behind the scenes notes on the Boneyard Match courtesy of Whatculture:

-It was filmed in Florida and the barnyard set took five days to build

-Triple H and Michael Hayes are the ones who came up with the concept after visiting the spot where they shot a graveyard promo scene

-The match was filmed on March 25, took about 8 hours and went from 9pm-5am with cleanup taking a week to finish

-WWE hired locally in the Orange County community to help with production

-The Druids were also a locally hired production group who were nervous about getting their part right. The OC and Taker all helped mentor them through it

-Everything Taker and AJ said during the match was 100% improvised and Triple H was the one who gave them to ok to do so and encouraged them to do as much talking as possible

-Undertaker cutting his arm on the car window wasnt supposed to happen. They did two shots of the scene and Taker cut his arm on the second and they decided to leave it in because it "looked cool"

-Triple H and Hayes are the ones who found the wooden hand and Taker is the one who came up with the scene of AJs hand popping up from out of the grave”

The improv shit is the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Trips probably got the okay from Metallica to use their song, probably paid a pretty penny for it too.

Reactions: Chris

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wait, you mean to tell me that talent are actually capable of doing improvised shit that works and don't need to be memorising lines all the time? I'm shook.

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Trips probably got the okay from Metallica to use their song, probably paid a pretty penny for it too.

I’m sure they are pretty big Taker fans they probably cut the E a deal

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wait, you mean to tell me that talent are actually capable of doing improvised shit that works and don't need to be memorising lines all the time? I'm shook.

We could just enjoy this moment

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
That Taker/Styles match is exactly the type of thing I wanted from a Mania with no crowd. Shame we didn't get more like that on night one but I'm Hoping the Cena/Wyatt match has a similar deal.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
As many of you are finishing up Night 2 of Wrestlemania, I just finished Night 1 of WM myself. I must say and give respect to all the talent who put in work to give us entertainment under these conditions that if you told them Months back that the World would be hit with the Coronavirus to this degree they might of called you a liar or on drugs. I do have many...MANY..questions on decisions on Night 1 and let's get into it with the Women's Tag Titles. I get it no shock to me to see Bliss and Cross win back the Tag Titles because WWE loves them both, even though I think Alexa is a shell of a self from two or three years ago, and Cross is a talent who I don't see going anywhere in WWE in my opinion. I still thought Bliss and Cross showed hella fire and hunger to get back the Tag Titles over Asuka and Kairi so I can't be upset with that decision when you look at it from far. I do wonder what is the plan for Asuka and Kairi now? Also Cross and Bliss will feud with each other no doubt in my mind, so where does that leave the Tag Titles as a whole in a few Months time?

Elias vs Corbin. Oh fuck that Match, it's the only Match from Night 1 that made me want to quit the Show. I'm kinda shocked Becky retained vs Shayna from WM to be honest. You have Shayna turn into a Vampire do all that damage and dominate more in the Match as least how I felt, but you have her lose via the finish like they did with Piper/Hart and Kairi/Shayna? At least those Matches had sizzle going for them during the Match and neither Becky nor Shayna for me had anything going for it and that is a shame because I've seen better from both ladies. So Shayna loses to Becky, who's next Ronda...a new talent from NXT because I'm confused on that as well.

Zayn vs Bryan. Not a bad Match, but certainly a disappointing one for me especially when you look at the caliber of talent between the two. It didn't feel like a WM Match, it felt like some cheeky TV Match and not even Castro Zayn could save it nor Bryan trying to murder Zayn with his kicks. Outside of the Boneyard Match the Ladder Match between Kofi vs Morrison and Jimmy was a fav of mines from the Show. Hella bumps between all of them knowing their would be no crowd reactions to them putting their bodies on the line. I still loved and believed what they were fighting for and everything worked out perfectly I say.

Owens vs Rollins. You know overall this was a very good Match. Even though we got two Matches in one, Owens and Rollins beat each other to death and I'll say if a Crowd was there during this Match it might of gotten the Match of the Night Nominees for what those were doing. Stuff like Owens diving onto Rollins through the Announcer's Table or Rollins sucking up wind are just little things I liked about this Match. Owens and Rollins are far from over though, our Messiah is not dead rather to be reborn. Goldberg vs Strowman fuck that Match with a Dildo. I get it because their was going to be little or no momentum for the win Strowman, but damn that quick of a Match though? IF anything stretch it out I know it's risky, but Braun took a shit ton of Spears, it doesn't make sense for him to beat Goldberg that easily. I don't really care for Strowman's big win because it's past due, and to me strike when the Iron is hot or don't do it at all. I guess we'll have to deal with Strowman as Champion till Roman comes back and Strowman is back as a Heel and then we'll need to act like we haven't seen that feud before.

Boneyard Match. Question: Who filmed/directed this Match? Just wondering because it smells of Jeremy Borash because I got vibes of the Broken Universe I saw with Impact years ago. I dug that stuff and fucking loved the hell out of this Match. AJ and Taker talking shit to each other and AJ came off strong as fuck to face Taker in such a Match. I loved it going back and forth and the improv between the two was amazing and kept me watching it to the end. The Chokeslam off the top of the Roof fuck me don't know how you prep for such a bump. AJ should of said when he was on his last legs I've got kids don't bury me, while they should of had Taker having Post Dramatic Stress from all the Coffin/Buried Alive Matches he's had over the Years making him decide whether to bury AJ or not, but the time and effort between the two was a HR in my book.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Damn this Edge doc is really bout to make me cry.

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
it's coming out that Ripley is having Visa issues and has to stay in Australia for awhile...that might be why they had her drop the strap to Charlotte.....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
it's coming out that Ripley is having Visa issues and has to stay in Australia for awhile...that might be why they had her drop the strap to Charlotte.....

I was already okay with Charlotte winning but if the plans were changed bc of that then this fuckin' sucks bc I would have preferred Rhea winning :sodone: