WWE WrestleMania 31 Preview + Live Discussion: March 29, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Well that was quite the finish!

Talk about hedging your bets, you get an out for Reign's being pinned & not leaving champ, & Lesnar drops the belt without being pinned.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Well that was quite the finish!

Talk about hedging your bets, you get an out for Reign's being pinned & not leaving champ, & Lesnar drops the belt without being pinned.
I think it made both Reigns and Lesnar look strong and it protected them

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Alright, here's my thoughts on the show...

Pre-Show Tag Match - I thought this was a lot of fun and realy reminded me of an old ROH-style tag match. The right guys won and Cesaro's suplex on Big E is just another reminder of his God-tier strength. Gotta' feel for Big E though, he's obviously pissed someone off because with his look and charisma, he should be way further up the card than he is. ***1/4

Andre Battle Royal - Total clusterfuck with some highlights including Cesaro letting Itami kick the shit out of him, Big Show eliminating the entire New Day in what has to be a meta joke about how racist the company is, Mizdow FINALLY fucking turning on Miz to a big pop and the Big Show winning, which provided me with so many laughs due to the butthurt that it was all worth it. **

IC Ladder Match - Yeah, they really need to stop these matches. As exciting as it was, I'm just starting to cringe more and more when I see the potential damage these guys are doing to themselves. Harper was the standout to me as he really showed why he should be pushed a lot harder, Barrett's bull hammer to Dolph as he fell off the ladder was great and the dueling headbutt's was an awesome spot. Still skeptical that they're actually going to start caring about the title, but it's hard to argue that they didn't put it on the right guy. ***1/2

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins - Smartly worked match from a psychology standpoint and it was about what I expected it to be. I feel like these guys have a great match in them but this was more of a tease for that than anything else. Orton's double hangman DDT to J&J was nuts but the obvious standout moment was his sick RKO to finish, which worked even though it was totally telegraphed. Great ending to a fun match. ***3/4

Sting vs. Triple H - I maintain that HHH's entrance was his corniest ever, but as I said last night it provided me with a ton of laughs so it's cool. The Rock would reference it later in what was easily the line of the night. The match was probably the best they could have hoped for and I was totally down with all the run in's. Sure it doesn't make sense that the NWO would be helping Sting, but who cares when it's all about the spectacle anyways? As I said earlier, the only thing that would have made this better would have been Flair coming down and turning on Sting. Fun, attitude-era match that was perfectly placed on the card. ***1/2

Kid Ink performed and tbh I think he should change his name to Kid Stink because, well, you know...

Diva's Match - I wish I could say this was good but tbh they once again failed to give them any time to develop a match, the Bella's are still awful and this just furthers the notion that they just give absolutely zero fucks about women's wrestling on the main roster. *

Rusev vs. John Cena - Rusev's entrance and Cena's springboard stunner were the major highlights for me as this match was good but not great. Like Orton/Rollins, I think these guys may have a classic in them and I'm hoping we see it at Extreme Rules. The end was kind of abrupt and I honestly think Cena should have had to work harder for the win, but eh, if you're going to lose you can't lose to a better opponent or on a bigger stage. I think Rusev is going to be just fine. ***1/2

Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker - Worst match of the night without a doubt. Just completely pointless, Undertaker looked like he was trying hard but once he hit his signature spots and Bray took over this went downhill quick. I don't care what anyone says, Bray Wyatt is a marginal at best worker who should be managing instead of wrestling. Come at me fuckers. The 'Taker sit up spot was the highlight but I really could have done without this heat vacuum of a match. **

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - Really, really good and Reigns deserves a lot of the credit for taking a licking but still ticking. Brock is just on a completely different level and really doesn't need the belt, so I'm alright with the outcome. Plus, with Orton winning earlier in the evening and Rollins/Reigns history, the main event scene is now wide open which is always a good thing. The only sad thing I take out of this is how horribly they sabotaged Dean Ambrose and how I'll never figure out what the purpose for that was. Still, that aside, this match rocked, Brock is amazing, Reigns held his own and Rollins is a great call for champ. Easy MOTN. ****1/4

Overall a good show but not nearly as good as last years event. I think it's fairly alarming that Big Show, Randy Orton, Triple H, John Cena, The Rock and The Undertaker were put over HUGE before Rollins big moment at the end. Way to push those up and comers guys, clap clap.

Drew

Reaction score
That Divas match comment was ridiculous. It was actually a very good match with a good story as well.

Stop hating on the divas for the sake of hating on Divas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
That Divas match comment was ridiculous. It was actually a very good match with a good story as well.

Stop hating on the divas for the sake of hating on Divas.

Dude, it was like 5 minutes long. I don't hate on the Divas, the ones on NXT rule. Too bad once they get on the main roster they're only used to promote a shitty reality show.