WWE to buy TNA for "Network Exclusive"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Is WWE doing that well since 2014? Rating s are down, and they lost share value a couple of years back.
their share value has climbed in recent weeks, whilst WWE's ratings are going down the people watching might be watching through network or record the live shows.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
their share value has climbed in recent weeks, whilst WWE's ratings are going down the people watching might be watching through network or record the live shows.

That doesn't generate money though when the TV rights go up for renewal next year IIRC.

Its not as bad as 1995/96 though they have good talent and attendance at events.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
That doesn't generate money though when the TV rights go up for renewal next year IIRC.

Its not as bad as 1995/96 though they have good talent and attendance at events.
But if a wwe brings a few hundred thousand it'll be okay, all they need is that and the advertisers will wanna benefit from that!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Even with stagnant ratings WWE is not going to lose money when the television contracts are renewed. Raw is still almost every week the number 1 rated show on basic cable. USA is not letting them go.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Even with stagnant ratings WWE is not going to lose money when the television contracts are renewed. Raw is still almost every week the number 1 rated show on basic cable. USA is not letting them go.

No but they may offer less for the contract.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
If they do they'll be on crack

Why pay top dollar for a show with low historical ratings. The ratings still matter and they will matter a lot when the contract comes up.

At the very leas i can't see them paying more for shows with declining ratings.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Why pay top dollar for a show with low historical ratings. The ratings still matter and they will matter a lot when the contract comes up.

At the very leas i can't see them paying more for shows with declining ratings.
Still be dumb.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
No they won't.

Every time WWE has re-negotiated their TV deals with USA since going back there, they always get more money. Always.

The USA network loves them. They are a bonafide ratings success. USA are not going to risk Vince jumping to another network by lowballing him.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
No they won't.

Every time WWE has re-negotiated their TV deals with USA since going back there, they always get more money. Always.

The USA network loves them. They are a bonafide ratings success. USA are not going to risk Vince jumping to another network by lowballing him.

Their ratings are in the doldrms and the Network is half of what those goals are.

Details on WWE TV rights deal; stock plunges

And I think their stock is also really low.

They might be losing money on the network as well as I was reading the break even point is higher than the 1.6 subscribers they do have.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Highly unlikely. That would run the risk of WWE going to a different station and any station would love to pick them up. In fact, even though ratings had declined before the last contract renewal, WWE still got more money. It is more likely they will get more money this time around too.

USA cannot afford to lose the highest rated show on cable. Any other network would love to pick them up. They will likely get more. It is worth it to USA to keep WWE on the schedule and the money they pay isn't especially significant to USA balanced against what they get from Raw. The high ratings for Raw shows allows USA to advertise the rest of their schedule to the biggest audience on basic cable. This is extremely beneficial to USA. They won't give it up.

Besides, this is basically irrelevant as the bulk of WWE's money doesn't come from Raw and Smackdown anyway. They make more from the Network and merchandising.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Highly unlikely. That would run the risk of WWE going to a different station and any station would love to pick them up. In fact, even though ratings had declined before the last contract renewal, WWE still got more money. It is more likely they will get more money this time around too.

USA cannot afford to lose the highest rated show on cable. Any other network would love to pick them up. They will likely get more. It is worth it to USA to keep WWE on the schedule and the money they pay isn't especially significant to USA balanced against what they get from Raw. The high ratings for Raw shows allows USA to advertise the rest of their schedule to the biggest audience on basic cable. This is extremely beneficial to USA. They won't give it up.

Besides, this is basically irrelevant as the bulk of WWE's money doesn't come from Raw and Smackdown anyway. They make more from the Network and merchandising.

Its a 160 million contract and as of 2015 they were losing money.

I don't think they are gonna get dropped but they do not have as much oomph and ratings matter for the size of the contract. Sure they might get 170 million or whatever but with higher ratings they might be able to get 200 million or whatever the number is.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Its a 160 million contract and as of 2015 they were losing money.

I don't think they are gonna get dropped but they do not have as much oomph and ratings matter for the size of the contract. Sure they might get 170 million or whatever but with higher ratings they might be able to get 200 million or whatever the number is.

I never said they would get a lot more. My only point was they are not going to get less than they are getting now.

Edit: and WWE did NOT lose money at the end of 2015. They in fact made 24 million in profit.