WWE To Air Chris Benoit Footage On The WWE Network With Advisory Note

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I look at it like he had a sickness. His brain wasn't right, and the WWE played a big part in that. So anyone thinking Benoit should be avoided should probably avoid WWE altogether.
Think about the stress WWE places on someone. Especially someone like Benoit. He was probably always on the road with WWE and all the stress that comes with WWE like Vince's opinion and shiz.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Think about the stress WWE places on someone. Especially someone like Benoit. He was probably always on the road with WWE and all the stress that comes with WWE like Vince's opinion and shiz.
The neurologists who examined his brain said it was one of the most damaged brains they have ever seen. It was comparable to an 85 year old with advanced Alzheimer disease. Not excusing what he did but the dudes brain was mush

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
The neurologists who examined his brain said it was one of the most damaged brains they have ever seen. It was comparable to an 85 year old with advanced Alzheimer disease. Not excusing what he did but the dudes brain was mush
All dem headbutts dawg.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
552%20-%20animated_macro%20chris_benoit%20gif%20vince_mcm%20%20ahon%20wwe.gif

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I don't think Daniel Bryan should be doing the diving headbutt.....what if one day the news goes off that D-Bry killed Brie..... :'(

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Warning: Avoid all google searches of Chris Benoit both during and after the airing of this broadcast.

Seriously i'm just wanting to know wtf that warning will say.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
No issues with this if it means events like WMXX are now shown in full. Plus it gives hope to future DVD releases being uncut now.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I don't think Daniel Bryan should be doing the diving headbutt.....what if one day the news goes off that D-Bry killed Brie..... :'(
Bryan does it protected though. You can clearly see that he catches himself with his hands before landing.

And all the chairshots probably played a bigger factor than the headbutts in Benoit's brain being jello.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I remember it was Chris Nowinski who examined his brain lol.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
The argument for the Chris Benoit camp always equals "Well he was good at his job, so it's ok that he's a child killer! Also I don't have any children and live alone and I like it that way!"

If he was a postman, "Well he delivered the mail really well, so I forgive that he choked his wife and small handicapped child to death! He sure delivered letters better than anyone."

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The argument for the Chris Benoit camp always equals "Well he was good at his job, so it's ok that he's a child killer! Also I don't have any children and live alone and I like it that way!"

If he was a postman, "Well he delivered the mail really well, so I forgive that he choked his wife and small handicapped child to death! He sure delivered letters better than anyone."

It just doesn't bother me for some reason that he did a dastardly thing outside of the ring. Probably because I wasn't around to see his real-life mental deterioration, I didn't see him actually murder his family with my own eyes and I haven't seen any photos of the horrific crime scene after the fact. Things tend to have a lot less impact for me if I don't actually witness them in person. Plus, I know he wasn't in his right state of mind when it happened. As already mentioned, he had a diseased and damaged brain from all the chair shots and hits to the head that he took over the years. That doesn't excuse what he did, but he wasn't the same person on that day as he used to be.

No one said that there was anything wrong with people being unable to overlook what he did outside the ring, though. I can understand why someone couldn't bring themselves to ever enjoy his matches the same way again, but people are different and things affect people at different rates.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

Some people are better at compartmentalizing than others. I get that you can't separate the man from the performer, but its rather easy for me to do. And again, I blame professional wrestling/WWe as much as I do Benoit, because they were enabling him to do things that completely wrecked his brain and from what I've gathered on the situation very likely played a huge factor in him doing what he did. I believe that in his mind he was doing his wife and son a favor by taking them out of this world with him, as shown by the bibles and crucifixes placed with their bodies.

This won't change your opinion any and you certainly won't give a damn about my reasonings, but there they are.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
He had head injuries. This is very common in wrestling as well as other sports. Not airing his work and pretending he never existed is the worst thing you can do. Let kids at home know this stuff happens and I bet there will be less kids trying it at home. Clearly he was out of his mind cause he killed himself after he realized what happened. You never hear of other sports pretending their players never existed because of murder/suicide. I am glad they are finally letting the stuff be seen. He was a great wrestler. Yes, it is a shame what happened but you can't hold an illness against all the work he has done for that company, specially because the reason it all happened was from head injuries FROM wrestling.

Cheri

Jobber
Reaction score
I think it's about time people at least stop pretending he never existed.
They're never gonna get away from it completely and he was a large part of the company that they can't sweep under the rug forever.
It's good that they'll be showing footage, fair enough with the advisory note but I wouldn't care if they didn't put the note on there...

Reactions: catlady
Status
Not open for further replies.