WWE To Air Chris Benoit Footage On The WWE Network With Advisory Note

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
F4Wonline.com reports that WWE has sent out a memo stating that Chris Benoit footage will be allowed on its new Network broadcasts. There will be an advisory played before every show he appears on.
WWE is expected to announce the Network in Las Vegas next week.
Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...we-network-with-advisory/#bkElRVBxe5JszATO.99

Not sure what to think of this, it's just footage I suppose, but it's cool that they don't have to censor shit all the time now. Oh, so that announcement that was happening in Vegas looks to be like it's the WWE Network. Thoughts?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't see the point of the 'warning' but ok.

does the NFL show a warning before showing OJ highlights? no, because OJ the amazing RB and OJ the killer are easily distinguishable. same with Benoit the amazing performer and Benoit the deranged killer.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't see the point of the 'warning' but ok.

does the NFL show a warning before showing OJ highlights? no, because OJ the amazing RB and OJ the killer are easily distinguishable. same with Benoit the amazing performer and Benoit the deranged killer.
That's a good point.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'm just wondering, what exactly with the advisory even say? They're just showing his matches, not him killing his family or his hung body. Unless they're putting a warning label on all material that has headshots and diving headbutts to say not to try at home, but then that just wouldn't be on him. Glad they're gonna show his matches, since he did win a main event at a Wrestlemania, but the whole warning label is a stupid idea.

Reactions: THG?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, what exactly with the advisory even say? They're just showing his matches, not him killing his family or his hung body. Unless they're putting a warning label on all material that has headshots and diving headbutts to say not to try at home, but then that just wouldn't be on him. Glad they're gonna show his matches, since he did win a main event at a Wrestlemania, but the whole warning label is a stupid idea.
exactly. why constantly bring up egregious things he did when what you are watching has nothing to do with that

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
exactly. why constantly bring up egregious things he did when what you are watching has nothing to do with that
Warning, you are about to view footage of a wrestler who killed his family. This is him wrestling though, not killing his family. Please, do not kill your family while watching some guy who did kill his family, but is not killing them here. Parental Advisory is suggested. *shows Chris Benoit and John Cena putting soap in Paul Heyman's mouth*

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I guess it would look insensitive to be promoting him/making money off him without acknowledging the incident.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if they never aired any footage of the creepy child murdering fuck ever again, but the warning is alright.

HIGH FLYER

The Artiste
Reaction score
hope it's OK to get a little off topic.. Does anyone know what other kind of programming this network would have? I've heard talks about this WWE Network for a while, but is it just old shows n docmentaries?

Reaction score
I don't agree with them doing this. Chris Benoit was certainly a good athlete, but the bottom line is he's a child killer. No matter what he's accomplished, it's near impossible for me to associate him with anything but that.

Reactions: Action Jackson

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't agree with them doing this. Chris Benoit was certainly a good athlete, but the bottom line is he's a child killer. No matter what he's accomplished, it's near impossible for me to associate him with anything but that.
good heat

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't have a problem with this cause I don't really care that he killed some people.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't have a problem with this cause I don't really care that he killed some people.
I look at it like he had a sickness. His brain wasn't right, and the WWE played a big part in that. So anyone thinking Benoit should be avoided should probably avoid WWE altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.