WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cena was plugged for the last hour, hence the rtaings spike. Nobody advertised him picking Daniel Bryan, it said "hey Cena's gonna be here and pick an opponent". lolololol smarks.

Plus it had a great match in that hour, wrestling still sells, not by that much, but it helps.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I wasn't actually saying it was Cena's fault the ratings were low because that would have been stupid, thinking one guy is responsible for the ratings drop when he isn't even involved with most of the three hours.

Exact same thing I said about Punk last year.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I wasn't actually saying it was Cena's fault the ratings were low because that would have been stupid, thinking one guy is responsible for the ratings drop when he isn't even involved with most of the three hours.

Exact same thing I said about Punk last year.

Stop breaking kayfabe ffs.

And I was directing my post to the one before me, maybe I should've said midget Daniel Bryan only gets "Yes!" chants because the titantron has an applause sign.vanillamidgetvanillamidgetvanillamidget.

I think they prefer the term "enhance talent".

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Daniel Bryan's segments sent the ratings in the gutter in his last run as champ, no reason to believe it won't be same again.

Getting pops on TV does not run parallel to being a ratings success. Bret Hart was fairly over in '96/97 and is historically the worst draw of all time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Daniel Bryan's segments sent the ratings in the gutter in his last run as champ, no reason to believe it won't be same again.

Getting pops on TV does not run parallel to being a ratings success. Bret Hart was fairly over in '96/97 and is historically the worst draw of all time.

World champion on Smackdown doesn't mean shit in ratings, Smackdown never does good ratings. May as well say the IC/US champs aren't draws either. Next Raw segemnts with Daniel Bryan are going to show us what's what.

And don't you start me on Bret Hart boi, sure the ratings suclked, don't doesn't mean REaw wasn't the infinitely better show than Nitro during that time. Like saying Big Bang Theory is better than Community.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
When Bret went to WCW he tanked their ratings too tho :lol:

Bryan lost like quarter million people on Raw each week while he was big gold champ, wasn't on about Smackdown b/c it's a jobber show anyway. They put their main eventers in curtain jerker and tag team main events with midcarders. Fucked up show.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
When Bret went to WCW he tanked their ratings too tho :lol:

Bryan lost like quarter million people on Raw each week while he was big gold champ, wasn't on about Smackdown b/c it's a jobber show anyway. They put their main eventers in curtain jerker and tag team main events with midcarders. Fucked up show.

Nah uh, WCW was still killing WWF when Bret showed up, wasn't until WCW shit the bed and everybody woke up in April of 98 when WWF started regaining ground. Not Bret Harts fault the shows were incoherent and hard to follow, even I a die-hard Bret Hart fan couldn't stay tuned into Nitro, him playing second Fiddle to Hulk just irked me and I was foced to say "fuck this" and watch Steve Austin instead.

And Daniel Bryan ratings evidence is a few pages back, but I'm lazy and don't want oto bring it up. And forgive me, but curtain jerkers seldom have good ratings when they are curtain jerking, even Cena wasn't drawing ratings in his blue trunks and neither was Randy.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
We will see, I have a feeling Bryan will tank as champ again tho, feel free to quote this 2 months time if I am wrong but small doesn't draw, and after the fad is over he'll be so low on the card he'll be begging Zack Ryder for a spot on his show :lol:

NO NO NO

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cork was right, Daniel Bryan losing viewers.

3rd hour was his block, what excuse does anyone have now?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
First two hours were so bad that they turned viewers away? Did they hype the gauntlet for the first two hours to promote the final hour?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
TBH, I'm surprised the last hour did that well. It was one guy wrestling nobodies (eh, Ryback) for an hour that was advertised like twice before to be happening.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Those are not very convincing excuses, One would think even if Raw was bad(it wasn't) people on social media would be talking about how awesome this is and get people to tune in on curiosity. Nope, wasn't a Bonnar/Griffin type scenario and it lost viewers. I don't even recall it getting a trending now graphic.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Those are not very convincing excuses, One would think even if Raw was bad(it wasn't) people on social media would be talking about how awesome this is and get people to tune in on curiosity. Nope, wasn't a Bonnar/Griffin type scenario and it lost viewers. I don't even recall it getting a trending now graphic.

I don't recall any Bryan fans ever saying he would draw though. The argument I always heard was "I don't care if he draws, he's entertaining to me and I would like to see him pushed." He doesn't draw, that's disappointing, I'm still a fan.