WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wow 2011 and that was the night CM Punk was owning Vince McMahon in contract signing. Ratings ugh I can't even rate them, just fans not knowing what's best.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
This past Friday night's edition of WWE Smackdown, which was the go-home show for the Money in the Bank PPV, finished with a 1.79 cable rating.

This number is up from last week's 1.45 rating, however that show was a re-run of the live Smackdown special that aired the previous Tuesday.

The live special scored a 1.70, so this past Friday night's show drew a slightly better number than the "Great American Bash" edition of Smackdown.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The post-Money in the Bank episode of Raw SuperShow scored a 3.44 cable rating, up from 3.17 the week before.

Monday's show topped the post-WrestleMania episode of Raw, which drew a 3.43 rating. It also topped the Raw following last month's No Way Out pay-per-view, which drew a 3.42 rating. It was the second-highest rated Raw of the year, trailing the post-Royal Rumble show's 3.55.

Raw drew 4,880,000 viewers compared to 4,410,000 the week before. The program averaged 4,720,000 viewers in the first hour before increasing to 5,040,000 in the second.
Obviously surprised it topped the Mania rating slightly but I guess that's the intrigue of the briefcase really. Turned out to be a decent RAW for the most part too so it got a deserved rating.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE are staying well above the 3.0 in recent weeks which is a very good sign. I wonder why though. Has something changed? I wonder what the 1,000th RAW's rating will be. Above 4.0 I'd assume. What do you guys predict?

Also surprised it topped the RAW after WM28. You'd think that would be high to see the aftermath and people obviously expecting Lesnar.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd be shocked if the RAW 1000 got a 4 because I honestly don't see them averaging a 4 over the three hours. Higher than usual maybe like a 3.6 or 3.7 but i'd be surprised if it got a 4. The segment by segment will make for interesting reading though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE are staying well above the 3.0 in recent weeks which is a very good sign. I wonder why though. Has something changed? I wonder what the 1,000th RAW's rating will be. Above 4.0 I'd assume. What do you guys predict?

Also surprised it topped the RAW after WM28. You'd think that would be high to see the aftermath and people obviously expecting Lesnar.

I think what's keeping them well over a 3.0 is the buildup to RAW 1000 and also little competition as well since the NBA Playoffs ended.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't see them getting a 4.0 rating simply because it is a three hour show, the first hour always drags it down. I think that they are a decent chance to get close to 4.0 in the second or third hour but the first hour will probably be around 3.0.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The 7/20 edition of WWE Smackdown drew a final 2.02 cable rating and took in 2.96 million viewers.

This is a sizable increase from last week's show, which drew a 1.82 cable rating and took in 2.5 million viewers. Additionally, this is the highest Smackdown has drawn since March.

Great rating for SD. Could Mysterio be the draw there?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
- Last night's episode of Raw was significantly up, with the full three hours pulling in a 3.84 rating with 6.02 million viewers. The regular two-hour portion did a 4.02 rating with 6.31 million viewers. This is the first time an episode did over a 4.0 rating for the two-hour period since April 13, 2009, the show two weeks after WrestleMania 25. It's also the first time the show has averaged over six million viewers since the commercial-free episode in June of 2009.

The show kicked off with a strong 5.44 million viewers in the first hour, the most viewers for a single hour of Raw since May 23, 2011. The show then rose to 6.32 million viewers in hour two, and stayed even with 6.30 million in the final hour. Obviously, WWE has to be very happy about these numbers.

About what I expected, pretty good stuff.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is a massive number for a three hour show. Just shows what happens when you stack a milestone show with plenty of big names from the past plus with some big announcements. Great news for WWE that the rating increased each hour as well.

Smackdown did really well to get over a 2.0 rating again, not sure what caused the ratings bump as I wasn't here for the show. We will see if they can keep those extra viewers next week.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- As noted before, the 1,000th episode of WWE RAW did a 3.86 rating over three hours with an average of 6.04 million viewers - the most viewers ever for a three-hour show. They averaged a 4.03 rating and 6.31 million viewers over the final two hours.

WWE's advertising the 8pm start time worked for this show as they had 5.58 million viewers already tuned in for the start of the show. In the segment breakdown, DX's reunion opened so strong that the second quarter gain with the end of the DX segment gained 27,000 viewers. That would usually be a loss. The six-man with Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho with the Charlie Sheen interview lost 395,000 viewers.

Jack Swagger vs. Brodus Clay and a bunch of backstage stuff with the Legends gained 326,000 viewers. The AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan wedding at 9pm gained 616,000 viewers for a 3.91 rating. The Rock coming out with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in the ring gained 575,000 viewers for a 4.28 quarter rating. Christian vs. The Miz lost 895,000 viewers but that's not a surprise given the large gains for the previous segments.

The segment with Triple H, Paul Heyman and Stephanie McMahon gained 334,000 viewers. Brock Lesnar's brawl with Triple H gained 90,000 more viewers. The Heath Slater segment with the WWE Legends gained 25,000 viewers for a 3.99 quarter rating in a timeslot that usually loses big time. You would expect that Slater segment to lose a lot of viewers because it came right after the big HHH-Lesnar segment.

The Undertaker's return with Kane gained 293,000 viewers. WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena with The Rock and Big Show appearing gained 389,000 viewers and peaked the show with a 4.43 overrun rating.

So yeah DX brought it, 5.5 million people tuning in at the hour early start time. That has to be a record for them and USA. Them having over 6 million people watching the old school two hour slot was huge as well

Crazt that the only things to lose viewers were the non graphic advertised 6 man tag and IC title match. They advertised Rock, DX, Wedding, Brock, GM, Slater, MiTb and it all drew. Bet you Vince was happy

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wow, they kept gaining, and gaining, and gaining. Obviously Miz/Christian was going to lose viewers, and they lost a ton, but these are still some crazy numbers.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah it's crazy as they gained fans for basically everything they advertised and promoted on their site with the graphics. The US title and 6 man were a bit thrown together, but even with the losses they still had a ton of viewers watching them. If Austin was healthy, one would have to wonder how an advertised segment for him would have drawn too.

I really wonder if they will go with longterm planning and a viral setup for the 20 year anniversary in January as well after this success

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Vince must have loved it that everything they did on the night worked and kept the audience interested. 4.43 for the over run is huge and The Rock appearing doing a 4.28 is another massive rating for WWE. If Austin could have appeared I would have used him right near the end with the Cena/Punk match. Big test will be next week to see how many viewers they can hold onto without all these big names.