WWE still wants Undertaker vs Sting?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
You've missed some amazing unintentional comedy
I’ve seen clips on Twitter of Kane’s mask coming off and Taker almost killing Goldberg which makes me kinda happy I didn’t watch

Reactions: Chris

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Which is why I have zero desire to see it.

But why should Sting win? You have a guy who dedicated his entire life to the company vs a guy who refused to sign until he was old. Why does the second guy deserve to win

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But why should Sting win? You have a guy who dedicated his entire life to the company vs a guy who refused to sign until he was old. Why does the second guy deserve to win
He didn't sign because he feared when he did all they'd do is have him prop up the WWE guys.

So all WWE is doing is proving him right if he loses his third match for the company.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He didn't sign because he feared when he did all they'd do is have him prop up the WWE guys.

So all WWE is doing is proving him right if he loses his third match for the company.

Lmao you can't compare his treatment now to how he would've been treated if he signed in 2001. At this point it's not logical that he should beat the Undertaker. He should've beat triple h then lost to the undertaker

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Lmao you can't compare his treatment now to how he would've been treated if he signed in 2001. At this point it's not logical that he should beat the Undertaker. He should've beat triple h then lost to the undertaker
That was what he feared and that is what has happened. You can't go back in time. Triple H already beat him.

You act like Undertaker hasn't already cemented his legacy. Like he didn't go on a 21-WrestleMania-winning-streak.

Undertaker loses absolutely nothing by putting over Sting at one show. Sting on the other hand should get one win in the E.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
That was what he feared and that is what has happened. You can't go back in time. Triple H already beat him.

You act like Undertaker hasn't already cemented his legacy. Like he didn't go on a 21-WrestleMania-winning-streak.

Undertaker loses absolutely nothing by putting over Sting at one show. Sting on the other hand should get one win in the E.

He won a tag match on Raw

Reactions: Chris

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He won a tag match on Raw
Oh, great a tag match on Raw. That'll show what great legacy he has in the E. :TI:

Anyways, this is my opinion. No sense in beating this horse. I doubt this match happens, regardless.

Reactions: Vegeta

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Oh, great a tag match on Raw. That'll show what great legacy he has in the E. :TI:

Anyways, this is my opinion. No sense in beating this horse. I doubt this match happens, regardless.

If sting wanted to sign in 2001, couldn't he have just had them put in his contract that he was guaranteed a push and a world title reign or something

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If sting wanted to sign in 2001, couldn't he have just had them put in his contract that he was guaranteed a push and a world title reign or something
From all the docs I've seen of Vince, he always seemed against guarantees.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I just wanna see Sting lose again. I don't really care who it's against.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
From all the docs I've seen of Vince, he always seemed against guarantees.

Well that's dumb lol but I think the time has passed for this match now but knowing WWE they'll shove it down our throats anyway.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Well that's dumb lol but I think the time has passed for this match now but knowing WWE they'll shove it down our throats anyway.

At the end of the day it's a special attraction match on a super glorified house show. You can avoid the entire show and not miss anything important. So I wouldn't exactly call it being shoved down our throats. But I will say, the fucking promotion for these events is pretty damn exhausting. They literally pushed the last Super Showdown as "as great as, or to exceed, WrestleMania" and the amount they ran the ad and talked about it in air just made me resent the Saudi partnership that much more. :lmao

As for Stinger and whether he should win this or should have won before, I guess there's not much point in debating. Sting is one of my top 10 favorite wrestlers ever. It's a shame he put off coming to WWE for so long. I know he had his reasons but since he ended up caving anyways, it would have been great for him to at least jump ship a few years earlier. It's not like he had anything left to prove in TNA, nor were they headed in an upward trajectory. I didn't really see a point in Sting facing Triple H at WrestleMania, other than the obvious connection they have through the Monday Night War. I think that was his choice though. If it was in my hands, he absolutely would have won that match. But it is what it is. If not for sustaining that injury against Rollins he would have surely ended up wrestling the rest of that year and probably beyond. I'm sure he would have got his share of wins along the way and, given what they did with Goldberg, who's to say he wouldn't have become WWE Champion at some point? Who knows? Unfortunately we'll never know. If he comes back to wrestle Taker here, you must assume it's his last ride and if so I really hope he gets to go out with a win. Neither man have anything left to win or lose, quite honestly. But we know Taker still has a handful of matches to go, so I would favor Sting winning if this is indeed his final stand.