WWE SmackDown!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Cosgrove promo: Pretty good promo, seems like he is going to be a face. Nice way to start off the BTB.

DiBiase vs Smith: I remember this match was the one you put up in the Ask CT thread. Wasn't really a fan of the match. I can't really get a feel for it, as it doesn't show a moveset from either man.

Edge/Cena promo: Edge shouldn't have pointed out that he could lose the title to someone from Raw. Should have said he was going to beat them. The rest was pretty good, but nothing real special. Just a solid promo.

Kane vs Test: Short, and once again, I could not get into it. Saying Test hit high impact maneuvours isn't generally describing the match too well. Nice that you brought AJ in, and it looks like he will feud with Kane.

Shawn promo: Very in character and very impressive. I don't think there was a moment where he said something he wouldn't. Builds some nice hype to his match with Orton.

Jericho vs Mysterio: Well I got more of a feel for the finish in this match, and it seemed to be better than the others. Surprised you drew the length out so well. Best match of the night thus far.

Michaels vs Orton: Once again pretty good, despite me not being used to this writing style. I am pretty surprised HBK never went for Sweet Chin Music to finish it, but that doesn't matter. A clean win to Orton surprised me.

HHH vs Edge: Conspiracy theory? Double turn? I see Cosgrove and HHH as heels, with Edge face.

AC: It was an adjustment to read, something I definitely am not used to. I felt the show could have done with one more match. Definitely will have to read to see what is happening with the dual champ HHH, Cosgrove, Edge and Cena.

CT Styles

Wrestling Insider
*Possible Spoilers*

The World Title Situation
Apparently the Triple H/Cosgrove/Edge angle didn't happen the way it was meant to and Triple H is reportedly in a lot of trouble. Triple H has been high on bringing back the Undisputed Championship and he was mostly the only one high on it. This week on SmackDown! he was meant to job to Edge and they would have a SmackDown! and RAW tournament to determine a #1 Contender. That was one of th original ideas. Another idea was for Triple H to keep the titles and defend both of them in one night. One title against a SD! star and one against a RAW superstar. He would then job to one so one brand gets a world title but he is refusing to do that. Something seems a little fishy on SmackDown!.

Draft Angle?
The WWE is going to have an angle where the draft really isn’t over and for the next few weeks no-one is safe and they could be moved at any minute.

AJ Styles/Kane
Expect AJ Styles to come on the mic next week directing his speech on Kane. Cosgrove will most likely make a match between the two for 'The Great American Bash'. It will most likely be quite a brutal match type, maybe Steel Cage?

Chris Jericho
Y2J is expected to get a big heel push that will hopefully push him up to Main Event status. Expect him to drop the Intercontinental Championship soon and be pushed up to Main Event and possibly renew his feud with Shawn Michaels or John Cena.

Great American Bash Details
The Great American Bash will take place from the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York on July 20. The poster is expected to be shown soon.

King of the Ring
The King of the Ring is returning for the first time since 2006. The tournament is expected to be held sometime soon.

Official SmackDown! Preview

With the current World Title Situation it has became obvious that we need to sort things out. World Heavyweight and WWE Champion Triple H and Charlie Cosgrove have been told by Mr. McMahon that if they don't explain their actions and what happened last week then their jobs are in major trouble. Vince has even said that he doesn't care that Triple H is his son-in-law. What happened last week shouldn't have happened. Also due to last week, numerous RAW superstars will be present as it will be a special SmackDown! vs RAW edition of SmackDown!. The RAW superstars claim that SmackDown! is getting too cocky and the Triple H/Cosgrove saga just topped it off. There have been some confirmed matches between SmackDown! and RAW stars.

Also tonight, regarding last week's shock ending Mr. Money in the Bank CM Punk wants to make an announcement of his own. He says that it may be a shock to some but he doesn't care what they think. More, regarding last week's shock ending, we didn't get to announce the superstar leaving for RAW due to Mr. McMahon ordering the show end before anymore catastrophes happen. The man that has left, is not happy. He found out via a text message. The man is Mr. Kennedy and he is scheduled to be at SmackDown! Will he show his anger towards McMahon? Or will he just stay calm.

John 'Bradshaw' Layfield will be appearing on SmackDown! also. He says he just wants to have a good ol' catch up with some superstars but some people seem a little suspicious over it. Could this have something to do with Charlie Cosgrove and Triple H? Charlie Cosgrove made such a positive first impression last week, but was it all an act or are we just overreacting?

In other SmackDown! news, Ted DiBiase Jr. will be facing Hardcore Holly in the opening match. Ted DiBiase is 1-0 in SmackDown! since his debut. Can he keep the streak going or will the veteran Hardcore Holly show him a thing or two about wrestling? Tune in to find out! LIVE from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the Wachovia Center.

Confirmed Matches

Ted DiBiase vs Hardcore Holly

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Smackdown! sound's good will review.. The draft angle has me curious, and Y2J getting pushed is awesome... Can't wait mate..

CT Styles

SDBannercopy-1.png

July 11, 2008

'Rise Up' plays to a pumped up, exciting audience as SmackDown! is LIVE from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the Wachovia Center. The pyrotechnics go off on the stage and on the ramp.

Cole: Ladies & Gentleman good evening and welcome to Friday Night SmackDown! LIVE here from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the Wachovia Center!

Foley: And tonight is a night you and I have been looking forward to. Tonight, hopefully we will get some answers regarding the conclusion to last week's show.

Cole: Well I certainly hope so. First up tonight though, is Ted DiBiase taking on Hardcore Holly.

Hardcore Holly's music hits and he makes his way down to the ring.

Cole: The veteran and former World Tag Team Champion, Hardcore Holly.

Foley: And Hardcore is no stranger to Hardcore matches.

Cole: I know, Mick. Bob Holly is a veteran of WWE and he is familiar with almost every match type.

Ted DiBiase's music hits and he comes down to the ring.

Cole: Ted DiBiase, this kid dominated DH Smith last week, let's see if he can do the same with Bob Holly.

Foley: Well that'll be a challenge, Cole. Bob Holly's no pushover.

Match 1
Single
Hardcore Holly vs Ted DiBiase Jr.

Both men stand on their respective sides of the ring. Holly keeps his game-face on while Ted remains confident with almost a half smile etched on his face. As they move in to the center they go for the lock-up but Ted backs out and slides behind Holly and tries to take him down to the canvas but Holly remains focused and stays on his feet. DiBiase has his arms wrapped around the waist of Holly but cannot successfully nail a takedown on the veteran, Holly yet. Holly eventually drives an elbow into the face of DiBiase and that forces Ted to release the hold and treat his nose. Holly uses this as an opportunity to land some right hand shots to the head of Ted. Holly does just that while holding Ted's head with his left hand. Holly then forces DiBiase to the ropes and whips him to the opposite ones. On the rebound DiBiase runs into a dropkick and Holly then hooks the leg of Ted, in search of the victory, 1...2 DiBiase kicks out. Holly guides the self-proclaimed priceless young man back up to his feet. Holly whips him into the corner and tries to follow it up with a clothesline but DiBiase ducks and Holly crashes into the turnbuckles. DiBiase then goes for the schoolboy roll-up, 1...2... Bob kicks out.

Both men get back up. Bob Holly swings first with a right hand but DiBiase ducks and comes back up to a vertical position and lands some quick snap jabs to the face of Holly, whom as a result of this is groggy. DiBiase then runs to the ropes behind him and rebounds off to connect with a running spinning back elbow that knocks Holly down to the canvas. Soon after Ted lets out a cocky outcry and hooks the leg of Bob, 1...2.. Holly kicks out. DiBiase gets back up and makes his way over to the ropes, not much faster than walking but at a reasonable pace. He then rebounds and plants an elbow drop to the heart of Holly and hooks the leg again, 1...2.. Holly kicks out again. DiBiase starts to get to cocky and guides Holly up halfheartedly and that backfires. Holly explodes with some knife-edge chops followed by a standing dropkick. DiBiase drops down to the canvas like a sack of bricks and Holly makes the most of it to cover Ted, 1...2 Ted kicks out and Holly guides him back up. DiBiase is still a little groggy but his attitude isn't lost. He lands a slap to the face of Holly and that ignites Holly inside who unloads a vicious right hand to the side of DiBiase's face.

DiBiase does a 180 degree turn from the force of the punch and ends up leaning over the ropes wondering where he is. He soon finds out when Holly grabs his ankles and lifts him up in a rope hung position. Holly drives a kick into the unprotected midsection of DiBiase and lets him go. DiBiase stumbles around and Holly lifts him up again. This time for an Alabama Slam and DiBiase starts struggling, trying to get off the back of Holly but he is helpless Holly then tries to pull the trigger on the finisher but DiBiase manages to counter into a sunset flip pinning predicament, 1...2... Holly kicks out just in time. Holly though, still has the momentum and gets back to his feet and greets Ted with a right hand but Ted blocks and lands a kick to the gut. He then runs to the ropes and rebounds off with a swinging neckbreaker, driving the neck of Holly into the canvas. DiBiase taunts the crowd to boos as Holly stumbles up. While he is on his knees, DiBiase appears and puts Holly in an inverted facelock and then spins under Holly, nailing a rolling cutter. Holly's head hits the canvas and he doesn't get back up, he seems to be unconscious.

DiBiase then turns him over and covers him, 1...2...3

Winner - Ted DiBiase via Pinfall

Backstage

Vince McMahon is seen walking down a hallway heading towards the ring.

Commercial Break

Cole: Well Vince McMahon doesn't seem very happy.

Foley: Of course he wouldn't be. After last week he made it public how he felt. Triple H and Charlie Cosgrove are in risk of losing their jobs.

'No Chance' hits and the Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment Mr. McMahon makes his way down to the ring looking quite angry. He stands by until the crowd reaction dies down.

Vince: Alright. I wanna start this now. Charlie, get out here!

Nothing.

Vince: I haven't got all ni...

'Number One' by Nelly hits and Charlie Cosgrove comes down to the ring in a suit.

Vince: Cosgrove, you know more than anybody how angry I am. What the hell happened last week. Edge, a personal favorite of mine got beaten unfairly and you were the reason. You rung the bell, signaling the start of the match when he had already copped a beating.

Charlie looks at Vince in disbelief.

Charlie: Oh, and Edge has never done that before.

Vince: That's not the point.

Charlie doesn't like the way this is going and he shows it.

Charlie: You know what, Vince. That is the point.

Charlie starts to get in Vince's face.

Charlie: Edge has been running around here like he owns the place. Cheating to win in every way. I think it's tome Edge got a taste of his own medicine. So McMahon, that is the point.

Vince cannot believe Charlie.

Vince: That's Mr. McMahon to you! Look, Cosgrove. There's going to be some big changes around here. The first one is, Edge going to RAW. That's right, like you said, the draft isn't over and the next SmackDown! vs RAW matches will be for superstars and I'm the boss, I want Edge on RAW so I'll get him. You know what? I just had an idea for the Great American Bash and it's going to happen. Triple H will be defending both the Championships on that night. He will be defending the World Heavyweight Championship against the man whose waist it should be around, Edge and he'll be defending the WWE Championship against..

'This Fire Burns' hits and Mr. Money in the Bank CM Punk comes down to the ring with his briefcase.

Punk: Mr. McMahon, he will be defending the WWE Championship against.. Me. I wanna cash in my World Title shot at the Great American Bash and take him on.

McMahon: Well there's nothing I can do, that's the rule so I guess you have your wish.

'King of Kings' hits and the World Heavyweight and WWE Champion Triple H comes down to the ring.

Hunter: Wait just a damn minute. I won these titles fair and square but that's normal for you Vince, giving someone a challenge like this but you forgot one thing. You've done it to the wrong guy, The Game. No matter what the odds, when there's gold on the line and gold around my waist, The King of Kings always prevails. So Vince, Punk get ready for the Great American Bash, it'll be a hell of an event.

Punk: I know Hunter, it'll be a hell of an event when I defeat 'The King of Kings' for the WWE Championship.

Hunter: Look kid, you must be on drugs to think that.

Crowd can't believe that Triple H said that and Punk pushes him. Hunter looks around with a cocky smile on his face before going for a right hand but Punk ducks and lands some right hands on Hunter until Cosgrove interferes and takes down Punk. Cosgrove goes to the outside and grabs a steel chair while Hunter attacks Punk. Cosgrove then smacks Punk over the head with the steel chair.

Cosgrove: Me & Hunter, we're taking over SmackDown!

Vince is still in shock as to what just unfolded.

Vince: Charlie, this has gotten out of hand.

Vince just walks off and exits the ring.

Foley: Well I think Vince has given up.

Cole: No, I don't think so. I don't think so at all. Mr. McMahon doesn't give up that easy.

Foley: Yeah but maybe this just crossed the live for him.

Commercial Break

'Cool' hits and RAW's Carlito comes down to the ring.

Cole: Well this must be the first of the draft matches. What's going on, Vince is having another draft.

Foley: I'm not sure what's going through Vince's mind.

Generic Rock Music hits and SmackDown!'s Cody Rhodes comes down to the ring.

Cole: Well Cody Rhodes is fighting for a pick in this second draft. I'm really confused.

Foley: I am too Cole, but let's just cheer for Cody to get the win.

Match 2
Single
Cody Rhodes vs RAW's Carlito

They circle the ring and eventually lock up. Cody gets a side headlock locked in on Carlito but Carlito lands some elbows into the unprotected midsection of Cody that forces him to release the hold. He is momentarily groggy so Carlito runs to the ropes and rebounds off with a shoulder block that knocks Cody down to the canvas. Carlito then drops down and covers Cody, 1... Cody kicks out. Carlito guides Cody back up and tries to throw him into the corner only to have an elbow driven into his face. Cody then runs to the ropes and attempts a shoulder block of his own but Carlito counters into a drop-toe-hold. Cody's face gets driven down to the canvas and Carlito begins to stomp away at the back of Cody and especially his face, just so it gets driven into the canvas. Carlito then rolls Cody over and rebounds off the ropes and casually makes his way over to Cody and attempts a leg drop but Cody rolls out of the way and Carlito lands sitting down on the canvas. Cody gets back up to his feet and connects with a dropkick to Carlito whom was still sitting. He falls back from the impact of the kick and Cody hooks the leg, 1...2 Carlito kicks out.

Cody starts to gain control of the match after stomping away at Carlito before allowing him to get back to his feet. Carlito stumbles back up and Cody greets him with a running clothesline followed by a perfectly flowing elbow drop directly after. Carlito shows his pain via the expression in his face as Cody finishes off his offensive passage with a knee drop and follows it up with a hook of the leg, 1...2.. Carlito kicks out. Cody gets back up and signals to the crowd that it's over. Carlito staggers back to his feet, nursing his chest after the elbow drop. Rhodes kicks Carlito in the gut and and locks him in a front facelock but fails to pull the trigger on the DDT. Carlito escapes the potentially fatal DDT and connects with an immediate dropkick that knocks Cody down. Carlito measures Cody and right when Cody is standing, Carlito springboards off the ropes and nails a back elbow. Carlito then hooks the leg of Cody, 1...2 Cody kicks out again and Carlito begins to measure him, looking for the Backstabber. Cody starts to get back to his feet and Carlito comes from behind and tries for the Backstabber but Cody drives his elbow back but Carlito ducks it.

Cody though, lands a forearm to the face of Carlito and whips him to the corner. Carlito hits the corner chest first and Cody charges at him. Carlito begins to move up to the top rope and just as Cody looks to make contact Carlito performs a backflip from the top rope and lands behind Cody. He then connects with the Backstabber on Cody and hooks the leg, 1...2...3

Winner - Carlito via Pinfall

RAW Gains a Draft Pick

'No Chance' hits and Mr. McMahon comes out to the top of the stage.

McMahon: Now for RAW's pick in this second draft lottery!

Graphics appear on the screen and it shows numerous superstars before finally settling on one..

JOHN CENA!

Cole: What?!

'My Time is Now' hits and John Cena comes out with a confused look on his face.

Cena: What the hell is going on?

Vince: John, you've been drafted to RAW!

Cena: I was there two weeks ago though.

Vince: Well you're back there!

Cole: This is really weird.

Foley: Yeah, what's going on?

Commercial Break

Backstage Interview Maria Kanellis with Mr. McMahon

Maria: Mr. McMahon, what's going on? Why is there suddenly another draft?

McMahon: Maria, it's just something I wanted to do. I'm the boss! I run the show! I can do whatever the hell I want to!

Maria is scared and CM Punk comes and helps her.

Punk: Vince, calm down! What the hell has gotten into you!

Vince: I can do whatever the hell I want!

Punk: Come on Maria, let's go.

Back at Ringside

Cole: This is a very weird SmackDown! that's for sure.

Foley: You got that right. Very weird.

'I Am' hits to a massive pop as AJ Styles comes down to the ring with a microphone.

Styles: Alright, now you people may have seen what happened last week. I have always respected Kane and what he did to me last week when I tried to save him was just, unbelievable. I wanna know Kane, why did you do it?! I know you can talk, get your big red ass out here!

Fire explodes on the stage as everyone gets a fright. Kane then makes his way down to the ring. He enters and stares down with AJ. AJ starts to talk to him off the microphone but gets no response. AJ then shoves Kane and yells at him, 'Talk!' but Kane just steps back from the impact of the push. Kane then grabs AJ by the throat and AJ tries to escape and succeeds. He then rebounds off the ropes and tries to nail a cross-body but Kane catches him and throws him back over his head. AJ Lands on the canvas and stumbles back up groggily, he then turns around into Kane who garbs him by the throat, sets him up for the Chokeslam and.. he plants AJ with a thunderous Chokeslam. AJ lies motionless on the canvas as Kane summons the fire to explode out of the corners of the ring and still.. AJ has no answer. Kane turns around to leave the ring when.. 'Number One' hits and Charlie Cosgrove appears at the top of the stage.

Charlie: You two are gonna be going at it next week, I can tell. You're gonna be fighting no matter what, so how about I sanction it. This match will suit Kane; you're psychotic, violent style and AJ, if you can hear me; you're daredevil, high flying style. At the Great American Bash, you two will be facing off in a Steel Cage, but not just any steel cage match. This one is going to have modified rules. Weapons are aloud. Pinfall or Submission are the only ways to win. If you can somehow escape the cage you can go get weapons or whatever, the only way to win is by pinfall or submission. This is going to be an extreme steel cage match. Now like I said, if you can somehow escape the cage you can get weapons but the pinfalls and submissions must be in the cage. This is going to be a brutal match, I can tell.

Cosgrove walks off the stage.

Commercial Break

'No More Words' hits and Jeff Hardy comes out to a Rock Star like ovation.

Cole: 'The Rainbow Haired Warrior' Jeff Hardy coming down to the ring. I'm guessing this is a draft match

Foley: It most likely is, but then again, you can't really count on anything, uh there's our answer on the TitanTron.

A graphic on the TitanTron says WWE Draft: Continued!

'Turn Up the Trouble' hits and Mr. Kennedy comes down to the ring.

Cole: Mr. Ken Kennedy, the loudmouth who is now a member of RAW. Let's see if he can gain his new home a draft pick.

Match 3
Single
Jeff Hardy vs RAW's Mr. Kennedy

Kennedy immediately moves in on the offense with some smash-mouth style. He lands some forearm shots to the face of Hardy before clubbing away at his back until Hardy is on one knee. Kennedy then rebounds off the ropes and lands a big boot to the face of the kneeling Hardy. Hardy gets knocked back from the impact and Kennedy finishes it off with a leg drop. Kennedy hooks the leg of Hardy quickly and confidently, 1...2... Hardy kicks out. Kennedy punches the canvas in frustration but gets straight back up. Kennedy is almost hyperactive in his aggression and might to finish Hardy off straight away. Hardy is almost on two feet and Kennedy lands a low dropkick to the knees of Hardy, knocking him back down. Kennedy doesn't give Hardy time to breathe. Kennedy grabs Hardy by his rainbow colored hair and guides him back up. He then throws him into the corner and drives his shoulder into the midsection of Hardy numerous times before whipping him to the opposite corner. Kennedy immediately follows him only to be greeted with a Whisper in the Wind from nowhere. Both men are down; exhaustion and pain the main factors.

Soon, Hardy starts to move and get to his knees and slowly but surely to his feet. Kennedy gets up behind him and Hardy makes sure he is safe so he shoots his leg back and kicks the kneecap of Kennedy. Kennedy nurses his kneecap while Hardy drives an elbow back into his face. Hardy then runs to the ropes to Kennedy's right side and rebounds with a running forearm followed by a mule kick. The momentum is finally in Hardy's favor. Hardy grabs the legs of Hardy and spreads them apart, he lands a leg drop to the groin of Kennedy and follows it up with a cover, 1...2.. Kennedy kicks out. Hardy gets back up and awaits a hurt Kennedy to get back to his feet. Hardy quickly plants a kick to the midsection of Kennedy and tries for a clothesline but Kennedy ducks. Hardy turns around with the intention of trying again but fails. Kennedy lands a strong knee into the gut of Hardy and plants him with a DDT, driving his head down into the canvas. Kennedy then turns him over and covers, 1...2.. Hardy kicks out. Kennedy has run out of ideas to finish Hardy off. He begins to exit the ring and walk along the apron. He starts to climb the turnbuckles and reach the top rope.

Kennedy reaches the top rope and taunts the crowd but that second of no concentration cost Kennedy. Hardy runs up to the turnbuckles and nails an armdrag from the top rope on Kennedy. Both men are down momentarily until an energetic Hardy gets back to his feet. He looks at the damage he has done to Kennedy and begins to climb the turnbuckles himself. He reaches the top rope and takes his shirt off and throws it in the crowd. He stands up to perform the Swanton Bomb but Kennedy was playing possum and runs over to Hardy. He nails some right hands into the vulnerable stomach of Hardy and Hardy is back sitting down on the top rope. Kennedy then positions him in a front facelock and tries to pull the trigger on a potentially fatal superplex. Hardy though fights back and hooks his foot under the second rope, giving Kennedy trouble trying to pull the trigger. Hardy fights back though and nails a release suplex from the top and Kennedy lands on his stomach on the canvas. Hardy then taunts the crowd with his usual finger taunt and leaps off with a Swanton Bomb; that unfortunately backfires when Kennedy rolls out of the way.

Kennedy then crawls over quickly and hooks the leg of Hardy, 1...2... Hardy just kicks out. Kennedy has had enough of these near falls and stands back up. He measures Hardy as he struggles to get back up. Kennedy positions Hardy for the Mic Check as soon as he is standing and it seems over for Hardy but he manages to escape the Mic Check before Kennedy can perfect it and Hardy lands a kick to the gut and a quick Twist of Fate. Hardy hooks the leg of Kennedy, 1...2..3

Winner - Jeff Hardy via Pinfall

SmackDown! Gets a Draft Pick!

The 'WWE Draft: Continued!' graphic appears on the screen and random superstars appear until it finally stops.

SmackDown! Gains Matt Hardy!

Cole: Didn't we just have Matt Hardy?

Foley: I think we did. This is getting really weird.

Cole: What is going on with WWE?

Commercial Break

Cole: We have just received word that tonight's Main Event will be AJ Styles taking on Randy Orton. Randy Orton apparently tried to assault Matt Hardy backstage to remind him of last year where he severely damaged Matt's injury. Cosgrove also made Kane vs Matt Hardy.

Foley: Well that should be a hell of a Main Event as well as Kane vs Matt Hardy.

'No Chance' hits and Mr. McMahon appears at the top of the stage.

McMahon: Ladies & Gentleman, that concludes the matches for the WWE's continuation of the draft. There will also be some more changes announced on WWE.com later tonight.

Cole: This is very confusing.

Commercial Break

Matt Hardy's theme hits and he comes down to a big pop.

Cole: Matt Hardy is back on SmackDown! after a weird week in Sports-Entertainment.

Foley: And I am a massive Matt Hardy fan. Matt Hardy versus Kane should be a great match and hopefully Matt can stick it to the big red monster.

Cole: It's a big ask, but remember, Matt Hardy will not die and that attitude really gets him through some tough times.

Flames erupt on the side of the stage as 'Slow Chemical' hits and Kane comes down to the ring.

Cole: Hardy's opponent, Kane. Nothing needs to be said here, this man's image speaks for itself.

Foley: He's a man I wouldn't want to be trapped in the ring with. Unlike Hardy, I would die.

Match 4
Single
Matt Hardy vs Kane

The bell rings and Kane heads straight for Matt. Matt shows his courage and opens the offense. He lands some right hands to the face of Kane but they do nothing. Kane simply grabs Hardy's face and shoves him in the corner where he overpowers him with right and left hands. Kane turns around and walks away but he was only teasing as he turns back around and charges at Hardy with a deadly big boot to the face that knocks Hardy back into the corner harder and he slides down the turnbuckles slowly. Kane grabs him by the hair before he is fully sitting down and throws him into the center of the ring. Hardy stumbles over and nearly falls flat on his face but regains his balance. Kane runs over but Hardy ducks a clothesline attempt and Kane turns around and is surprised when he receives a dropkick from Hardy that knocks Kane back a little. Kane is a little groggy and Hardy charges at him with a clothesline that still doesn't completely knock him down to the canvas. Kane is still a little groggy even after those two shots and Matt has one last attempt. He sets Kane up for the Side Effect and nails it. Kane is finally down and Hardy is now in with a chance.

Hardy gets back up and sits himself up on the top rope. He then stands on the second rope and taunts the crowd for the extreme leg drop and.. He is attacked from behind and the referee rings the bell.

Winner - Matt Hardy via DQ

Randy Orton knocks Hardy off from the turnbuckles and enters the ring to attack him some more. He unloads some strong right hands to the face of a helpless Hardy. Orton is then interrupted by AJ Styles who makes his way through the crowd and jumps the barricade. He slides in the ring and lands some right hands on Randy Orton, giving Hardy some time to recover. AJ's dominance over Orton is short lived though as Kane grabs him from behind and throws him off and away from Orton. Kane then attacks AJ as Orton does the same to Hardy.

'Number One' hits and Charlie Cosgrove comes out.

Charlie: Jesus Christ. Can you guys stop it? You know what? You're going to air out your differences now. The Main Event has been changed from AJ Styles vs Randy Orton to AJ Styles with Matt Hardy vs Randy Orton with Kane. This'll be a tornado tag and No-DQ. Ring the bell.

Cole: What?! It's starting now?

Main Event
Tag Team
AJ Styles & Matt Hardy vs Randy Orton & Kane

AJ Styles and Hardy are already down. Kane and Orton simply continue their dominance and punishment over them. Kane has AJ Styles under control as does Orton with Hardy. Kane instructs Orton to go to the outside. Orton throws a motionless Hardy over to Kane as he dominates both AJ and Hardy with stomps and elbow drops. Randy is on the outside and comes back in the ring after sliding in two tables, two chairs and a ladder. The fans boo as Orton lines up Hardy with another chair and has him in position for a Con-Chair-To. He lifts his chair up and smash! Orton drives his chair down over Hardy, connecting with the Con-Chair-To. Hardy is now unconscious as Orton then leaves the chair over Hardy's head and stomps on it. The chair is driven into the head and face of Hardy, busting him open. Orton then begins to set up the tables while Kane grabs the chairs from Hardy and smacks them over the head of AJ numerous times, busting him open. Orton has both the tables set up. Orton leans Matt Hardy forward so he is lying over it, Orton then goes to the other side and has Matt in the RKO position with the table in between them.

AJ and Matt are helpless as Kane has AJ by the throat and set up for the Chokeslam. Orton and Kane then look at each other and then both pull the trigger on their finishers. A bloody AJ gets Chokeslammed through the table while a bloody Matt gets RKO'd through the table. Both are laying in a pull of their own blood and Orton hooks the leg of Matt, 1...2...3

Winners - Randy Orton & Kane via Pinfall

Cole: That wasn't a match! That was completely unfair! Neither AJ Styles nor Matt Hardy were ready for that match!

Foley: You may be right Michael, but what can we do?

Commercial Break

Backstage

JBL is seen backstage and the fans boo. He approaches John Morrison. He then realizes the cameraman is there and pushes him over. The camera is now laying on the ground.

JBL: Hey John, you've seen how this place has been run. Would you be interested in...

The camera cannot pick up what the next few words are.

John: I'm in. And I think I know some other people that are too.

JBL: Great.

JBL & John walk back down the hall. JBL shows his disrespect by knocking over some things in his path.

Cole: What was all that about? What were they talking about? Knowing JBL it's bound to be something bad. Could this have something to do with this alleged Triple H/Cosgrove partnership?

SmackDown! goes off the air.

GABcopy.png

Judgment Day Card
Date: July 20
Where: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, New York

WWE Championship
Triple H(c) vs CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H(c) vs Edge

Extreme Steel Cage
AJ Styles vs Kane

Single
Matt Hardy vs Randy Orton

***More Matches To Be Announced***​

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
BM:Hardy and Kennedy was really good but I liked all the matches. The main event was weird but not saying the whole show wasn't confusing lol.

WM: None.See Above.

BP::think: Would have to be the Cosgrove, Punk, HHH and Vince promo.

WP: All the promos whee pretty well done imo.

AC: Great show and I agree with the commentary that, it was abit Different and Unique in a show. It shows the character you have and going in this differently. Also I wonder what the last bit shows.

Ted vs Holly: It got done exactly what it should of, as it provided an entertaining match up, and put the right man over. Did all it needed to.

Vince promo: It was a great promo, Punk coming out surprised me. I’m guessing he’s wasting his shot here though. This whole Cosgrove/HHH thing doesn’t make much sense at the moment, but I guess it will soon enough.

Cody Rhodes vs Carlito: Pretty good match, really nice finish. Carlito looked good, and the offense was pretty much spot on.

Cena being drafted: Nice segment to keep people thinking.

McMahon promo: More McMahon madness. Punk the knight in shining armour :alugh:

AJ promo: Kane seems pretty dominant as a heel, and you have made AJ a major face. Nice match announcement for the Great American Bash, seems very innovative.

Jeff Hardy vs Mr Kennedy: Best match so far. Offense was very back and forth, and both men came out looking strong. Matt Hardy coming over is played as odd, so you are continuing a storyline there.

McMahon promo: Meh. Just announced the ending of the draft for the night. Nothing to comment on really.

Matt Hardy vs Kane: Was really just a set up for the main event. Wasn’t bad, but there wasn’t much of it.

AJ/Matt vs Randy/Kane: Um, complete domination? I guess this was a way of making Cosgrove seem like more of a heel. Nothing really in terms of a match.

JBL/Morrison promo: Not sure what to make of this? Joining a Cosgrove faction maybe?

AC: Well the show was interesting, and definitely setting up something big. If I had to guess, I would say Mr McMahon and Cosgrove are working together, to try to rid SmackDown! of its main stars, with a faction made up of HHH, JBL and Morrison left to dominate. Not quite sure that has to do with Matt moving back though.

CT Styles

Breaking News!

Could this be the answer to everyone's theories as to why Vince McMahon has been acting the way he has? McMahon just held a press-conference stating that there was going to be some massive, massive changes in the WWE in the foreseeable future. He said that after SummerSlam could be the beginning of these changes. When asked if Charlie Cosgrove played a part he replied with, 'No comment.'.

McLovin

Reaction score
Wow. I wonder what these massive changes are going to be, hopefully more wrestlers from ROH and other Independents coming into the Show.

CT Styles

Wrestling Insider

McMahon's Big Announcement
Apparently this angle isn't all kayfabe. McMahon has actually changed plans and wants that announcement regarding the changes to be taken off all internet sites. He said the writer responsible for reporting that will be fired. According to some sources, McMahon hasn't been acting normal lately and Charlie Cosgrove has been the real normal, nice guy. He has been happy to sit down with the media's reporters. Here are some excerpts from an interview with a reporter.

Regarding McMahon.

Reporter: What's going on with him? Some have said that this whole angle isn't majority kayfabe.

Charlie: Well, it's quite a touchy subject and I don't want to reveal too much that it gets me fired but in my opinion, things aren't quite 100% with McMahon. To me it seems; he's jealous. Now I don't want to sound full of myself but he didn't have much of a say in the draft. It was all the writers and I think he liked the way it was; RAW the 'A' brand and SmackDown! the 'B' brand. Now that SmackDown! is live and it, well, did have some top stars but McMahon has changed a lot of that. SmackDown! has really stepped up to RAW but it doesn't seem to have a very 'steady' future if you see what I'm saying. I'm not going to give too much away but McMahon isn't a big fan of SmackDown!

R: Do you two get along?

C: Look, since he is kind of, the boss of RAW and I'm his counterpart on SmackDown! we would have to be 'business' enemies but I wouldn't count out 'general' enemies the way things are going.

Vince McMahon found out about this interview as soon as it hit the internet and here was his reply..

Vince: Who does he think he is? This is preposterous. I'm not a fan of SmackDown!? You know what? He's making me like that and that's why I would like to announce the cancellation of this week's SmackDown! If he wants to test his boundaries he can. At The Great American Bash we'll find out whether SmackDown is a genuine contender to go with the big boys, or in this case, the big brand. Charlie and all of SmackDown! can have a week f and if they have a problem with that, they know who to go to, that idiot.

R: Do you have a message for Charlie?

V: Yes, two words: Thin ice.

-----------------------------------------------

The wrestling insider will have more updates with this as it goes on. Could SmackDown! be finished? The Great American Bash is it's test.

In more news..

AJ Styles
AJ Styles is said to be really happy working on SmackDown!

Official Great American Bash Card thus far
GABcopy.png

World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H(c) vs Edge

WWE Championship
Triple H(c) vs CM Punk

Intercontinental Championship*Recently Announced on WWE.com*
Chris Jericho(c) vs Jeff Hardy

#1 Contender Extreme Steel Cage Match
AJ Styles vs Kane

Matt Hardy vs Randy Orton

According to WWE.com, Cody Rhodes challenged DiBiase to a match and DiBiase accepted.
Ted DiBiase Jr. vs Cody Rhodes

#1 Contender for Intercontinental Championship
John Morrison vs Test vs Elijah Burke

SummerSlam Poster Leaked!
Summerslamcopy-1.png

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
very interesting news update, the McMahon angle looks like it could be really good, and it's being hyped up to be big.

I take it as McMahon cancelling SmackDown! is a kayfabe way to have a week off.

This storyline is interesting, and I still think Cosgrove and McMahon are really working together. Very interesting storyline though, and I am interested to see where it goes.

CT Styles

BKB said:
I take it as McMahon cancelling SmackDown! is a kayfabe way to have a week off.
I thought it would add more depth to the storyline :shifty: What do you guys think of the poster?

Moonlight Drive

I like it, although I don't think having the little people in the 'S' is necessary, sorta just overcrowds it. Otherwise, great!

Qwake

Great news CT, its very interesting with the whole McMahon stuff...I will check out your next show if there is one lol. :)

Check out my new BTB if you want, YTW. First show should be up tomorrow.