WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Yeah, I couldn't figure out if they just come out and do jack shit or they stopped because the match ended.

Stupid THQ guys not actually demonstrating something >_>

You can have like allies and enemies too, just like WWE RAW.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^

I hope it's not alot like how WWE RAW was with the enemies and alies. I hated how always after 3minutes one or the other would come out.

Kizza

3 minutes if you were lucky.

Sometimes they would just come right after the other. And they all seemed to be against you :(.

LKP

I think if you make a faction or group they can come out whenever. It would be good if they come out have one finisher and have 30 seconds to use it on your opponent.

noumenon

Well, I forget which but I know some of the older games actually allowed you to choose when the run in would occur...certain buttons or whatever. That would be a cool option if they did it.
....that and turning off the player indicators...

LKP

Yeah, i think you can turn them off. But how do you know when to use your specials or sig moves if you cant see meter?

noumenon

A sound? A flash on the screen? Anything except constantly having that thing floating around your legs. What a fucking horrible idea..seriously. They wanted to make the game more realistic and authentic...well I dunno if I've ever seen a ring floating around HHH's legs while wrestling. It really just takes you out of the experience.

LKP

True dude. I cant see any improvements on the graphics this year though can you? Same as 09 with added do what you want things added to it?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
3 minutes if you were lucky.

Sometimes they would just come right after the other. And they all seemed to be against you :(.

Yeah, I hated that. They didn't even have a DQ rule for the run-ins.

A sound? A flash on the screen? Anything except constantly having that thing floating around your legs. What a fucking horrible idea..seriously. They wanted to make the game more realistic and authentic...well I dunno if I've ever seen a ring floating around HHH's legs while wrestling. It really just takes you out of the experience.

I'd seriously lol if during the upcoming weeks when the game comes out, in order to make the game seem real, they digitize the little indicator around the guys while they're wrestling.

noumenon

It's such bullshit though. They wanted to take "clutter off the screen." The momentum indicator was FINE where it was. Who the fuck is looking up at the top of their screen anyway? I mean, tell me if I'm being unreasonable here but it really was a stupid ass idea. Just as, if not more annoying than the player indicators in past versions.

Also, yeah there are some minor improvements in the graphics department, but really how much can they do with one year of work. Certain collision detection is better, the crowd animation...fluidity of their movements ect ect. But I really think after this year they should take a year off and really re-vamp the entire franchise. I mean, to be honest the TNA game sucked something awful but the character animation was pretty cool. The looked great, the textures were awesome.
AND they actually got each superstar to animate their own moves.
WWE used Dolph Ziggler for EVERYTHING. I mean, sure maybe he can imitate some people well or whatever...but cmon, you couldn't get your guys in there to do some motion capture and make the game look that much better?

Reaction score
It's such bullshit though. They wanted to take "clutter off the screen." The momentum indicator was FINE where it was. Who the fuck is looking up at the top of their screen anyway?

Isn't it better because of the possibility that the Royal Rumble could hold more people now? I mean before, it seemed hard since six bars was the farthest they could fit them while keeping it looking nice.

noumenon

There's still the problem of capacity. Same reason the weapons disappear.

LKP

They used Dolph? Wow, Morrison or Benjamin hell even Orton or Cena i would have used for that part. Mind you i bet he feels good about that. Id would have love to have done it if i was in wwe. This years game looks the same as 09's version. Witht he added part of create anything you want and new superstars. Thats it.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Isn't it better because of the possibility that the Royal Rumble could hold more people now? I mean before, it seemed hard since six bars was the farthest they could fit them while keeping it looking nice.

That's a good point. But if that's the case, then only have the indicator for the Rumble match. When you're in career mode or season or whatever, there's only one Rumble match a year, when you're just doing an exhibition match, how many times do you really do the Rumble? Having the indicator just for the purpose of one match, a Rumble at that, I think is rediculous. It really takes away from the game.