WWE Smackdown Spoilers For Friday

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
The show started with Teddy Long introducing Elimination Chamber participants: Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, and Randy Orton.

Henry came out after the announcement to complain about having only a one in six chance at the Chamber. He is the "big fish" and demands to be taken out of the chamber match. Instead, he wants a World Title match tonight. Teddy says he's out of the Chamber match, and there's no match tonight. Mark put his hands on teddy, and Teddy indefinitely suspended him. Mark threatened to get his moneys worth for a suspension. Sheamus came out and delivered a Brogue kick to knock out Henry, who eventually went goes to the back.

Teddy asked Sheamus what title he's going after. Sheamus said he hasn't decided yet. Cody came out and said he did all the work at the Rumble. Teddy made a match between Sheamus and Cody. Teddy did not specify a replacement for Henry at Chamber.

1. Sheamus pinned Cody Rhodes. The crowd was really behind Sheamus. Ray and Troy both noted that it was a good match.

2. Hunico (w/Camacho) vs. Justin Gabriel never got started. Cody was still hurting. He jumped Gabriel along with Hunico and Camacho. It was three on one until Great Khali made the save.

The Mike Tyson video aired. Troy notes that he still wishes he wouldn't have lost to Buster Douglas, as he was scheduled to be the guest referee on Saturday Night's Main Event back in 1990. Douglas replaced Tyson in that role.

Backstage, Drew McIntyre pleaded for his job with Long. Santino came in with a new tag team since Santoshi didn't do so well. This team is SantinOOOOO!! Santino and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Duggan started a USA chant while Santino yelled "Italia." Aksana came in and noticed Teddys "big piece of wood" that Hacksaw left behind. Duggan looked at Aksana and let out a big "HOOO." This segment got a good laugh from the crowd.

3. Primo and Epico (w/Rosa Mendes) defeated Santino Marella and Jim Duggan. The tag champs won when Santino was going for The Cobra only to be distracted by Rosa Mendes.

Daniel Bryan came out and did his role model speech. He insulted Nebraskans for eating meat. Big heat. Big Show came out said he just got done eating a big steak in the back. Show ended up chokeslamming Bryan. A.J. stopped Show from hurting Bryan more.

4. Brodus Clay beat Heath Slater. Drew McIntyre came out and attacked Clay, who destroyed him. Troy said he's ready to turn the page in favor of a real feud.

5. Beth Phoenix and Natalya defeated Tamina and Aksana. Bathroom break. Beth and Natalya won clean.

It was announced that The Great Khali is replacing Mark Henry in the Elimination Chamber match. Another Rock and John Cena video played to hype WrestleMania 28, and then Randy Orton was interviewed by Josh Mathews.

6. Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett. Orton and Barrett brawled out in the crowd right in front of Troy. He said it was wild action and featured chairs and tables. Orton won with the RKO. Jacob wrote that there was a lot of buildup to using the table but it broke before Orton could use it. Orton seemed pretty playful for going against the guy that put him on the shelf for two months. The intensity picked up towards the end though.

Daniel Bryan came out to celebrate and then left awkwardly. Teddy Long came out and announced Bryan vs. Orton for next week.

Dark Match

1. Big Show beat Daniel Bryan (w/A.J.) by DQ in a World Hvt. Championship match. Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre interfered for the DQ. Show cokeslammed both men as Bryan and A.J. left. Show thanked everyone for coming.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Seems like a good show, I'll probably be watching. I wish they actually had matches for spots in the chamber match though, not just randomly throw people in there and announce it.

My boy Barrett should of won, fuck Orton.
Why did Santino and Duggan lose to Epico and Primo? I call bullshit.
I really wish Clay got a normal match for once.

PY.

Reaction score
Pretty shitty show on paper, however the Elimination Chamber match isn't bad aside from Khali.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They're really making Bryan this year's CM Punk from 09 just using meat instead of drugs and drinking. Yuck at Khali being in the chamber hope someone takes him out or something and he gets replaced.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Pretty shitty show on paper, however the Elimination Chamber match isn't bad aside from Khali.

It looks decent but on paper is always different to TV and I've found that out by watching every week.

Chamber Match (I don't think will win are in red, I think will win are in green):
Daniel Bryan - I'm mixed on him winning. 50/50 chance.
Wade Barrett - High chance.
Randy Orton - High chance.
Cody Rhodes - Looks like he'll face Goldust at WM28 if it ain't happening here.
Big Show - Not likely as he'll probably face Shaq at WM28.
The Great Khali - No chance in hell, I hope he gets taken out and replaced by Christian.​

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
It looks decent but on paper is always different to TV and I've found that out by watching every week.

Chamber Match (I don't think will win are in red, I think will win are in green):
Daniel Bryan - I'm mixed on him winning. 50/50 chance.
Wade Barrett - High chance.
Randy Orton - High chance.
Cody Rhodes - Looks like he'll face Goldust at WM28 if it ain't happening here.
Big Show - Not likely as he'll probably face Shaq at WM28.
The Great Khali - No chance in hell, I hope he gets taken out and replaced by Christian.
Fuck that shit, Cody should be in the MITB.

PY.

Reaction score
Hold on, why did Bryan come out after a match Orton won?

And, the card to me looks lackluster. It's hard for me to take most of the Smackdown! undercard seriously. I like some of them, but I just don't see them as a threat for any titles, not even the Intercontinental title.

Speaking of which, shouldn't Cody be defending soon?

Don Draper

Reaction score
Ugh fuck off Khali, it's bad enough there are reports about a renewed push for Mason Ryan we don't need anymore of you too.

The show sounds decent I'm looking forward to the Sheamus/Rhodes match and Orton vs Booker's boy D Bryan next week,

PY.

Reaction score
I'm gonna take Hatred's idea quick:

Chamber Match (I don't think will win are bolded, I think will win are in italic):
Daniel Bryan - 50/50 also. He's not my favorite to win, but it would be justice for it to be Sheamus vs. Bryan for the World title this year since they got screwed last year and wrestled a dark match.
Wade Barrett - He's still not established enough to win the big one and be one of the top match at Mania.
Randy Orton - My favorite
Cody Rhodes - Still see him facing Goldust, depending on Smackdown the next few weeks.
Big Show - Heard that Shaq rumor
The Great Khali - See him getting replaced honestly.

Honestly, I think it's going to be Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Orton (c) at Mania for the title. Sheamus picks Orton because he never held the World title, and Bryan says he has a rematch clause.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Show does look decent enough. Khali makes no sense though give it to a young guy to shine like they have in the past. Wouldn't have minded Hunico tbh, he can fly and Show could have thrown him around like a rag doll.

Don Draper

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Hunico in it I've really been impressed with him lately and he makes a lot more sense than Khali who hasn't even been on TV in months. Hell, Hunicos bike is more entertaining (and deserving of the spot) than Khali.

Cornerstone

Reaction score
Why couldn't they have had a match and replaced Henry with someone that's not completely immobile? Hope he gets replaced, show looks meh this week besides Orton vs. Wade.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It seems as if WWE is protecting Mark Henry so he's able to make Wrestlemania at least.

As for the show, it looks awful again. The only interesting thing looks to be Bryan Danielson's segment.

The Chamber match had potential until Khali got added. Whoever came up with the idea of putting Khali in the Chamber needs to be fired.

SAL

Reaction score
If it isn't Orton to set up the triple-threat, it'll be Bryan finding a way to win. Barrett's in MITBville.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Many Detailed Off-Air SD! Notes, Dark Matches & More
Some interesting things to note from the Tapings in Omaha, Nebraska

*A video package aired saying that the Undertaker WILL be at Monday Night Raw next week!

*In the segment with Drew McIntyre and Teddy Long, Teddy Long told Drew McIntyre that the fans don’t like consistency, and Drew losing is consistency. Teddy tells Drew to do something out of the ordinary. Hence, the reason why Drew interferes in the Brodus Clay/Heath Slater match.

*While Santino Marella was coming out for his match, he went to fast for the camera man and the camera man slipped and fell, breaking part of this camera. The camera man had to run to the back to get a new camera or fix the one he had. After the match, another camera man gave “crap” to Santino, going as far as dropping the “F”-Bomb to him. Very appropriate seeing as my four year old son (who gets Big Show’s hat later in the night) was watching. I told the cameraman to Be A Star!!

*During the Daniel Bryan Promo, he told the fans they should all act like him and stop eating meat. A “We Want Steak” Chant broke out.

*In a backstage segment with Natalya and Beth Phoenix, both ladies were warming up for their match. As Natalya bent over, she had passed gas. Beth looked over at her and asked her what she had said. Natalya again passed gas before running off due to the aroma. Beth soon followed Natalya. The camera zoomed down the hall and Santino Marella is walking towards the aroma, sniffs, turns around and throws up in a trash can nearby.

*During the No-DQ match with Wade Barrett and Randy Orton, Randy Orton tosses a table into the ring. He goes to set it up, but one of the legs break. Randy tosses the table out of the ring, goes back under the ring and grabs another table. He checks the legs of the table before bringing it into the ring. Also, Orton controlled most of the match.

*After the show goes off the air, a match between Big Show and Daniel Bryan happens. During the match, the referee tries to sweep as much debris from the broken table out of the ring. Big Show grabs the broom and helps him sweep. The match ends with Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal interrupting and getting a double chokeslam for their efforts. Afterwards, Big Show walks around ringside high fiving, taking pictures and signing autographs.

:lmao That was an interesting read, thought I'd add it to this thread. It's really stupid how WWE are doing this whole Natalya farting thing though.