WWE Smackdown Discussion (August 30, 2011)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Reaction score
The thing is, if he goes over Sheamus... then what? It seems like they are doing for Orton on Smackdown what they did for Cena on Raw in 2006 - 07. He's going to be running through challengers for a while. If Christian goes over Sheamus, will he just be fed to Orton again? I kind of like the idea of him working with Gabriel (or Bryan or Kofi or Bourne). Then he can go over without displacing another challenger for Orton, and at the same time the opponent who he is paired with will be elevated just by virtue of feuding with a two-time world champion.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
SMH @ all of you fuckers wondering if it's Mistico under the mask.

One request: don't refer to him as Mistico if you don't know enough about Mistico to know it's NOT him under the mask.

Mistico has been removed as Sin Cara, simple and plain. I doubt they bring him back. BTW, a good vs. evil character feud only works with dialogue... and there's nobody to dialogue for these guys (though I suppose Hunico could always do that >_>).

Thoughts on the show (sorry I wasn't here for the live chat though you guys held it down... I was out in DC watching Buddy Guy and BB King kick ass instead):

Cena's promo was pretty fucking awesome tbh... shame they let him squash Barrett. That should have been a 20-minute match with Cena selling, but nooooooooo.
Bryan buried (and LMFAO @ turning heel after you win a match), shameful.
Boo @ AirBoom
Thank God the Divas of Doom (smh at the names of teams recently) won... but they should have had Kelly fall victim to the pin to actually establish a challenger not named Bella for the belt.
Trips/Punk/Nash furthered the storyline perfectly... Trips was awesome as well as Punk... and LMFAO @ Trips feet being over Kev's head from the shove!
Boo @ Khali vs. Sheamus and a potential Sheamus/Jindar feud... just another way to bury Sheamus to try and establish someone, meanwhile Orton runs through everyone.
Christian/Orton was an awesome fucking match. Loved Christian's style in the cage. Orton's gotta be slower to catch Christian... he was up too fucking fast a couple times... but Orton has been fucking amazing of late... LMFAO @ the springboard pump fake... and loved the super RKO. LOL @ Henry yet again destroying someone in the cage but never having a cage match himself. I swear he's been involved in more cage matches than anyone in wrestling history, and he's never (as far as I'm aware) been in a cage match.

Reaction score
Christian should be grateful for the chance he was given. Had Edge not retired, this run he had doesn't happen. I'll just leave it at that.

As for Orton...I was completely correct (of course) about the man being the most improved. He put on the two best matches this week. Just has improved leaps and bounds this past year. Excellent matches with Punk, about 5 stellar matches with Christian and with Ziggler. Del Rio has really improved recently too. I think once they put Orton and Cena together again, I think the match will be really, really good. Now they just have to give me a reason to care about Orton as a character.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Exactly. I'm REALLY hoping they end Dr. Robotnic and just let him be himself... the Orton we get on radio interviews calling Kelly a slut...

His in-ring work is phenomenal though, ESPECIALLY these past 2 months where he's added a variety of moves to his set... and it's hilarious that when people started knocking his athleticism, he turns around and starts showing off that he's one of the most athletic guys on the roster. People knock the RKO saying he rarely gets it right, and the past 4 months he's been locking the neck and making it look fucking amazing. Now let's just hope the knock on his character leads to a development there (I mean, it's not like he's never had a good character...)

monkeystyle

Reaction score
SMH @ all of you fuckers wondering if it's Mistico under the mask.

One request: don't refer to him as Mistico if you don't know enough about Mistico to know it's NOT him under the mask.

What in the name of douche rocketry is this?

Fine, from now on I'll refer to him as smelly beaner #1 instead of the name he's actually known as.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^It's stupid to refer to him as Mistico if you don't know a single thing about him. It's like referring to the fake Undertaker from that good vs. bad feud as Mean Mark...

...If you're not familiar with Mistico, why would you even begin to speculate that the guy under the Cara mask is actually Mistico or not? Mistico's style and ability is not duplicated, and it's very easy to determine it's Hunico under the mask in the first 30 seconds of a match when they're getting the first upper hand and Hunico's fat ass can't get more than a foot off of the top rope for a high-risk move. But the speculation even carried on AFTER the match when you got Hunico's rope-flip fake and finishing combo...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
BTW, anyone else walk away from the contract signing wondering if there WAS a stipulation in the contract?

Axis

Reaction score
What contract signing?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Punk & Triple H...

[video=youtube;IEjkKREFU5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEjkKREFU5g[/video]

Axis

Reaction score
lmao I must have zoned out during the opening and closing to that segment. I watched the whole thing and never picked up on it being a contract signing. lololol

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^LMAO!

But something about how Trips was acting made me think Punk was right when he asked if a stip was added he was unaware of... (please be first blood... PLEASE!?)

monkeystyle

Reaction score
^It's stupid to refer to him as Mistico if you don't know a single thing about him. It's like referring to the fake Undertaker from that good vs. bad feud as Mean Mark...

I see. So using the name Mistico is reserved for the use of elitist Lucha fans? Got it. From now on I'll refer to him as the original Sin Cara since I don't want to make it seem like I'm presuming anything.

On the topic of not presuming anything, let me ask. Are you menstruating right now? Are you having a heavy flow day?

...If you're not familiar with Mistico, why would you even begin to speculate that the guy under the Cara mask is actually Mistico or not?

Because I'm curious. Do I need any other reason? Or better yet, why don't you tell me what a good reason for asking the question would be.

Mistico's style and ability is not duplicated, and it's very easy to determine it's Hunico under the mask in the first 30 seconds of a match when they're getting the first upper hand and Hunico's fat ass can't get more than a foot off of the top rope for a high-risk move. But the speculation even carried on AFTER the match when you got Hunico's rope-flip fake and finishing combo...

I see. My apologies for having a life on Friday nights and not sitting at home with my PVR and studying every minute detail of the differences between the two flying Mexican jumping beans.