WWE signs AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
WWE guts New Japan like a fish!

The Wrestling Observer now reports that AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson have all in fact signed with WWE. The site reports that the four stars gave their notice to NJPW booker Gedo this morning at Wrestle Kingdom 10. It isn’t known when they will be starting with WWE but as noted, Nakamaura won’t be leaving right away as he will drop the IWGP Intercontinental Title before he does.

The site notes that Anderson was close to signing with TNA but when the WWE deal came around, he changed direction. New Japan has a one-year contract system which meant that their deals expired as of January.

Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows will honor their committed Ring of Honor dates next month in Las Vegas. AJ Styles is said to be done with ROH moving forward.

Quite the blockbuster news!

AJ & Nakamura in WWE is going to be a big deal, both guys are huge stars in Japan and losing all four of these guys at once is a big blow to New Japan. This shakes up the Bullet Club significantly, as Styles & Anderson were the defacto leaders of the faction.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Maybe the Bullet Club will just go away now? At least I can hope. Anyhow, a little worried about how Nakamura will be used but still stoked to see him in a WWE ring. AJ is the big one here though, he's arguably the best wrestler in the world right now and the potential matchup's (Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Owens, etc) are awesome.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm half tempted to cal AJ/Cena at WM already. it'd be a cool dream match to run right off the bat.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah, although that eliminates the Cena/Taker match which is still a pretty big draw even without the streak. Cena/AJ would be great as well mind you, so I wouldn't be at all upset with that decision.

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Sweet news. They are great players after all.

Never even thought of Cena vs AJ. That would be rad.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
AJ Styles after all these years would be fucking huge. Kind of annoying they want to give Gallows a chance now after misusing him before but hey all the power to em. Pretty funny they up and steal 4 huge stars. :lol:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I wasn't here when this story broke, so I will give my opinion on it now.

THIS IS HUGE! AJ Styles was always my favorite in TNA, and one of the reasons I kept watching during crappy times. Wasn't long after he was gone that I stopped watching. Can't wait to see him in a WWE ring, and watch the amazing matches he'll have. I want to see Styles vs Owens, Styles vs Ziggler, Styles vs Jericho. Just to name a few. SO PUMPED!