WWE should turn ECW into an all women's brand (with a different name of course)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

^Nah, I prefer people like Torrie, Candice, Kelly, Maria, etc over wrestling.
WWE has never been, and never will be putting focus ont he wrestling aspect for women, but who cares? Really, I prefer storylines to the matches, and that only really happens with the guys, so they might as well keep using te divas as eye candy, lol.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I won't talk about WWE making another show for womens wrestling or eliminating ECW and replacing it with womens wrestling. But lets talk in general for now, what women talent does WWE posses? none. What interest does WWE have in Women Wrestling?? none, that's what I would assume after looking back at the way Stacy Keibler dominated the womens division back in the day and the way Gail Kim was used in her short career. If you want good wrestling action out of the women then use them properly first.

If you ask for my opinion, they are all freaking playboy posers, nothing more other than that. Of course they usually pop up in stupid Diva Angles which are used to get young stars over. But then again, I would highly doubt that WWE would ever do this sort of a thing. If they actually want to invest in the womens division then they first need better talent that can actually wrestle. :rolleyes:

They need women like Gail Kim and Sensational Sherri who are worthy of being called wrestlers. TNA doesn't have Diva Angles, Strip Dances and matches like the Bra and Panties all the time. :yeahright: They come up with some good matches 80% of the time and the majority of women in TNA can put on a legitimate wrestling match. TNA also treats women wrestling like all other forms of wrestling and that's why they're successful in their knockouts division. WWE's use of the women is completely opposite.

Did you just read the title of my post? You are essentially agreeing with me. I'm saying to change they way the use the diva's and give them more time. Not give the crap we see more time. If no one wanted to see this, SHIMMER would have failed huge and Awesome Kong, Beth Phoenix, Lita, Mickie James, etc. would be nothing.

Evil Austin

I myself like this idea gives the divas a chance to get over besides being in a 16 - 20 diva battle royal sure it would have some getting used to but in the long run it would be good. Also the men in ECW currently would have a chance for them to go 'under' in the Raw and Smackdown rosters once they are packed and everyone would be pushing and gunning for the top dog so to speak.

But back on the diva's talk, I think this would also give a reason to bring back the Divas tag team championship and ECW (with new name) has Womens championship (main), Diva's champinoship (mid card) and Divas tag. I mean the last time they had a divas tag team gold it was the 1970's when they had the 6 man tag team gold which imo was dumb >_<.

Also people say that the Diva's roster is tiny and would not be able to fill up an hour show every week without giving the same stuff and being repetitive but if it was to happen the Diva's only brand it would encourage divas from TNA and other brands to come over to be able to be in the spotlight.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I disagree :admin: with the honorable Zombie. At least with Matt Hardy carrying a show and a pretty SOLID cast of characters, you have a chance to draw. With all DIVAS, it would bomb horribly.

MikeRaw

Oh yea, I dforgot to mention the affect that Kaedon said. There are guys on ECW like Hardy, Henry, Morrison, Miz, Bourne, etc, who would then need to find a new home, and would likely not have room on other shows, and if they did, they certainly wouldn't be used correctly.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Oh yea, I dforgot to mention the affect that Kaedon said. There are guys on ECW like Hardy, Henry, Morrison, Miz, Bourne, etc, who would then need to find a new home, and would likely not have room on other shows, and if they did, they certainly wouldn't be used correctly.

Considering all of those guys are almost regulars on the other shows, I'll call wrong on that.

Kaedon said:
With all DIVAS, it would bomb horribly.
Not if they book it right and there is the right talent there? Unless of course you're implying just the simple fact that it's women wrestlers that no one would watch regardless of booking and talent.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
No, for two reasons.

One, most of the Divas suck. Obviously WWE could bring in some new girls and amp up the booking, but speaking in terms of the shape the Divas are in right now... yeah, the only way they'd draw a whole number is with a pen and paper. But if they managed to hire some of the girls from ROH and Shimmer...

Two, as far as i'm concerned ECW is a televised developmental territory, where WWE says "Ok, so you can impress 75 people, now let's see how you do with 15,000." Without ECW all those new guys like Kofi and Evan would go to RAW and Smackdown to be fed to the midcard. Plus, the established guys who are on ECW because there's no room anywhere else would also be crammed onto the other two brands, to be either released or jobbed.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
No, for two reasons.

One, most of the Divas suck. Obviously WWE could bring in some new girls and amp up the booking, but speaking in terms of the shape the Divas are in right now... yeah, the only way they'd draw a whole number is with a pen and paper. But if they managed to hire some of the girls from ROH and Shimmer...
That's the exact thing I'm saying making an all woman's brand would do. Drive it away from the bull shit we see now. That was my #1 motivation for thinking about all of this.

Two, as far as i'm concerned ECW is a televised developmental territory, where WWE says "Ok, so you can impress 75 people, now let's see how you do with 15,000." Without ECW all those new guys like Kofi and Evan would go to RAW and Smackdown to be fed to the midcard. Plus, the established guys who are on ECW because there's no room anywhere else would also be crammed onto the other two brands, to be either released or jobbed.

Again, Mark Henry main evented before being moved, Matt Hardy was in the upper-midcard. Besides, they haven't had this "developmental territory" show for long and there have been PLENTY of people that got over on the main roster without it.

Airfixx

Raw - WHC, IC & Womens
SD - WWE, US & Tag
ECW - ECW & Cruisers

....IMO.

Adampro123

Reaction score
all i can say is i surely wouldn't watch. to be honest womens wrestling doesn't interest a lot of people. especially in the WWE. and the watered down botchy style that there women wrestle. would it get high ratings? i doubt it. i think it might stay the same and if ratings increased it would be mostly due to horny men just wanting to see some T & A as sad as that sounds.

jwdhulk

Reaction score
I do believe there is a place in wrestling for women but the way they present them we might as well be on jerry springer. i do not think ecw should be an all women show but a few more would be good. but these girls need to have more respect for them selves. they are not true wrestlers like awesome kon and medusia. Why do have to see mayyoung wrestling she needs to retire.

RoleModelDaDon

Reaction score
Bad thing about that is that female viewers would be few. But not a really bad idea. I would bring the lube for that most deff.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
all i can say is i surely wouldn't watch. to be honest womens wrestling doesn't interest a lot of people. especially in the WWE. and the watered down botchy style that there women wrestle. would it get high ratings? i doubt it. i think it might stay the same and if ratings increased it would be mostly due to horny men just wanting to see some T & A as sad as that sounds.

Okay, for the fifth time, the whole point of having a whole show would be to help move away from the botchy 8 diva tag matches every week.

jwdhulk said:
I do believe there is a place in wrestling for women but the way they present them we might as well be on jerry springer. i do not think ecw should be an all women show but a few more would be good. but these girls need to have more respect for them selves. they are not true wrestlers like awesome kon and medusia.

See above.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Interesting concept. I'd say no, just because it'd be lazily booked. I know you're saying this would be a chance to change that Chuck (you've said it numerous times), but I just don't see it happening. The women are never well booked in the E, outside of Mickie James' psycho lover character. Since then, nothing has interested me storyline wise.