WWE Royal Rumble Preview & Live Discussion - January 25th, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Seriously what the fuck even was this PPV?

I was enjoying the Royal Rumble so much right up until Daniel Bryan was eliminated. That was when the PPV changed for the worst. The crowd turned on the Rumble and just completely ruined the match through there booing and that is all WWE's fault for giving them a reason to boo. All of the matches up until the World Title match were pretty solid matches. They were interesting enough and quite fun to watch, nothing out of the ordinary but just solid PPV matches.

Then game one hell of a match. The World Heavyweight Title match was just exceptional from start to finish. The early psychology from Rollins was brilliantly done and the early domination by Lesnar was beautiful. Suplex after suplex after suplex, how could you not love it? Then the way Cena & Rollins took out Lesnar was fantastic. How he kept getting up over and over again despite the numerous AA's and curb stomps, everything that they could throw at Lesnar wasn't enough. When it finally looked like they layed him out, what a brilliant way it was to do it. The diving elbow drop from Rollins reminded me of something HBK would do, it was brilliant. Cena & Rollins fighting away hitting big move after big move was great, the late kick-outs really added to the excitement of the match. I absolutely marked out when Lesnar ran off the strecher and attacked both men with big german's. Then the way that Lesnar caught Rollins into the F5 was just brutal and a great way to end a marvellous match. Cena, Lesnar & Rollins really put on a brilliant show.

The first two entrants of the Rumble were a bit odd but when Bubba returned it was great. Him hitting the 3D with R-Truth was great and I was really enjoying the Rumble match. The surprise entrants were awesome and really well done. The moment that Bryan was eliminated was when it all changed. It gave the fans a reason to boo and turn on the match and that just ruined everything. It really just deflated the whole match and made it look awful. Kane and Big Show dominating and just throwing over Ziggler & Ambrose was pointless and you just knew that Reigns was going to overcome the odds and win. The Rock showing up at least got a pop from the crowd but it couldn't save this trainwreck. The false finish with Rusev in it was just pointless as Reigns just threw him over straight away.

All in all, a pretty awesome show that was ruined by a terrible Main Event.

Reactions: 1 person

Postman Dave

Reaction score
the three tag matches weren't bad (although the booking of the Divas match was a bit puzzling) but they weren't have been out of place on Raw. Perfectly fine filler. And of course the World title match was unreal.

So I'm not gonna throw "worse PPV ever" comments at the show, it's just frustrating when the biggest draw & one third of it was horribly booked.

Imagine DB makes it to the final two & loses. Yeah, people are upset, but they wouldn't be THIS mad. At least it would have looked like they were toying with the idea.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
the three tag matches weren't bad (although the booking of the Divas match was a bit puzzling) but they weren't have been out of place on Raw. Perfectly fine filler. And of course the World title match was unreal.

So I'm not gonna throw "worse PPV ever" comments at the show, it's just frustrating when the biggest draw & one third of it was horribly booked.

Imagine DB makes it to the final two & loses. Yeah, people are upset, but they wouldn't be THIS mad. At least it would have looked like they were toying with the idea.
I wouldn't say it was one of the worst PPV's ever it was just such a terrible Main Event compared to the previous match. There were so many better ways around it then what they did.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It was awful Reigns was booed the whole time. They should have called an audible and let Ambrose get the win. Crowd would have at that up.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It was awful Reigns was booed the whole time. They should have called an audible and let Ambrose get the win. Crowd would have at that up.

Or Mizdow considering he was insanely over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Mizdow would have been amazing

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Mizdow would have been amazing

Dude is money right now, even if they'd done a Santino thing last night it would have worked so much better. Ugh, the Rumble match was so fucking bad I feel dirty even talking about it.

Also, as much as I dislike the guy, I feel really bad for Reigns. They fucked him last night and I don't see how he recovers unless he turns heel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Have him turn on rock is the only way to go

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Reigns needs to never talk, he just needs to be that silent badass who just spears the fuck out of people. Having him talk just ruins his whole persona.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Reigns needs to never talk, he just needs to be that silent badass who just spears the fuck out of people. Having him talk just ruins his whole persona.
Basically you are saying he needs to become Goldberg

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Basically you are saying he needs to become Goldberg
In a way.

He shouldn't have the undefeated streak or anything like that. It should just be like "Oh shit it's Reigns" and he would just come and spear the shit out of somebody to a massive pop. I think WWE are trying too hard to make him another Rock instead of just using him for what he is, a natural badass.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Honestly, Reigns got over initially by being the strong, silent type who pulverized people at quick intervals. Why they've gotten away from that character is beyond me considering he was quite good at playing it.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Honestly, Reigns got over initially by being the strong, silent type who pulverized people at quick intervals. Why they've gotten away from that character is beyond me considering he was quite good at playing it.
Is that Fuji agreeing with me for once?

WWE seems to have a habit of changing a winning formula. Reigns was a badass in the Shield cause Ambrose did most of the talking and he just fucked people up with his raw power and looked awesome. Reigns has the look, he just looks like a badass. Why WWE don't use that to his advantage more is beyond me.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Re: WWE Royal Rumble Preview & Live Discussion - January 25th, 2015

I agree with what you said. I think a Goldberg type thing would be wonderful for him.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Is that Fuji agreeing with me for once?
Damn, the Rumble really did fuck shit up. :lol:

I think most people would agree that the character was much better in that incarnation, but WWE doesn't care damn it. They want Reigns to be some hybrid of Rock and Cena and they'll damn well do everything in their power to make it happen. Won't even be shocked if they feed Bryan to him on Raw or SD just to "legitimize" him a little more on the way to 'Mania.