WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
I mean it has to be a three way main event at Mania right?
Punk just can't be flushed to the midcard after 434 days like that right?

Would be better than just a repeat of last years main event which would probably lead to a third match to finish the trilogy anyway... I'm sure they've got something big planned for Punk either way.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I think it will be a three way. I also believe Ziggler will face off against Jericho now.

Castiel

Reaction score
My favorite things of the night:

- Jericho returning. Absolutely lost it, all time favorite.
- Big E. Langston interviewing Dolph, the dude is hilarious on Twitter and now it's transferring onto TV in a great way.
- Punk teasing the Spanish announce table spot and putting it back gently.
- Curt Hawkins signs on the crowd. Being the Hawkins mark that I am seeing two signs in the crowd made my night. Why couldn't he have Ryder's spot?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
My thoughts on the show:

- Del Rio/Show was pretty darn good, but then they pissed all that good will down the toilet with the finish. I watched the show with my folks (the definition of "casual" fans) and even they could see that was unfair. WWE literally have no clue how to book faces anymore. I like Del Rio as a face, he works it well. But they've gotta find a better angle to focus on him. This whole "feels bad for the bad things he's done" and then CHEATING doesn't fly with me. I'm sure Dos Caras was proud of that manner of victory.

- Tag match was dull. Crowd was sitting on their hands the entire time. Weird considering how over Bryan & Rhodes are.

- Rumble was decent but outside of the surprise entrants, and Kofi's crazy shot nothing really happened. All the guys we expected to be there at the end where, no real surprises or twists. I don't care if Cena winning was predictable, sometimes predictable is good, but the booking was just dull and uncreative.

- Punk/Rock was actually a great match. Really great in fact. I enjoyed it a lot and I thought the swerve finish was actually done very effectively for a change. I fooled my Dad, so it definitely worked on someone.

Overall, decent enough show, but nothing spectacular. I still feel the same as I have with WWE PPV for a long time now, that I'm not getting my monies worth out of these shows. The amount of filler after the first two matches was ridiculous for a PPV, bump Miz/Cesaro up to the main card and do that shit on the pre-show, hell run a Divas match for all I care.

But on the other hand, it was totally worth it for the butthurt resonating around the IWC right now. Glorious.