WWE Reportedly Leaving Open Door For Carlito To Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I lost interest in him towards the end, but i'm open to the idea of him returning as one of the top mid-card guys. BUT they have to book a Kofi/Carlito feud.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I always enjoyed his mic work, his ring work was pretty good too. However, if he were to return, he'd need to be repackaged badly.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Chris Masters posted this on his twitter a few days ago.

A6zgnEwCMAEi5Eh.jpg

Holy fuck, he could come out on a horse with a gimmick based on Red Dead Redemption.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This guy will only do well in WWE when he stops being a mark for himself and act like he deserves the top spot because he headlined shit in Puerto Rico.

How many top stars aren't a mark for themselves? I think Carlito is one those guys that would excel not only well enough in the ring, on the mic and also politically backstage. WWE just has to accept that he has some pretty high terms.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How many top stars aren't a mark for themselves? I think Carlito is one those guys that would excel not only well enough in the ring, on the mic and also politically backstage. WWE just has to accept that he has some pretty high terms.

How many top stars actually were given their big push when they got to WWE? Not too many, and the ones didn't have that attitude when they get to WWE. Chris Jericho, Benoit, Eddie among others were not given the red carpet to walk on because of what they did outside of WWE walls. Nobody should have the arrogance to think they deserve more because they were a big deal somewhere else.

CM Punk is a perfect example of this way of thinking, you wonder why the guy toiled in OVW for a year and wasn't given the top spot? Because he had an attitude that he should be further than he should be when he got there. There is a hiearchy in WWE as well as most pro-wrestling leagues and it is just seen as disrespect when you think you deserve more than people who have been there alot longer.

I still don't see what mic skills the guy has, he didn't say anything worth remembering in WWE and I don't see anything else from him online.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If he can get his attitude in check it would be great to have him back. He was quality when using the heel gimmick and after that New Years Revolution Elimination Chamber match both he and Chris Masters should have become maineventers yet WWE failed to pull the trigger on both guys. Had a great gimmick and is a classic case of a guy that excels as a heel but struggles as a face, just like Orton.

WWE need depth to their roster and this guy could easily hold down at least a midcard spot but should be able to go higher if he actually plays the game. His attitude screwed him over last time so hopefully he has learnt how to deal with if he comes back, and hopefully he does return.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I cant blame Carlito for his 'bad' attitude during the end of his WWE run, like so many young up and comers, WWE absolutely wasted him for years and years by jobbing him out then acting like is Carlitos fault for not getting over. Hypocrisy obviously as WWE think that if they dont ram Cena down our throats 24/7 people will stop caring about him but then they job out the Carlito's Swaggers, Zigglers, Rhodes of the world.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But I don't think Carlito suddenly developed this attitude when he wasn't being pushed, he most likely had it the entire time and as soon as he wasn't being used as a top star started to sulk rather than man up and try to work his way back up. Getting upset about it isn't going to do anything, going out there are putting on the best match you can and cutting the best promos that you can will get you noticed and will get you a push. Walking to the ring with a sad look on your face isn't the best way to deal with being dropped down the card.

I don't agree with how he was used but his reaction to it probably just made WWE creative even more sure that there was no point pushing him.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
But I don't think Carlito suddenly developed this attitude when he wasn't being pushed, he most likely had it the entire time and as soon as he wasn't being used as a top star started to sulk rather than man up and try to work his way back up. Getting upset about it isn't going to do anything, going out there are putting on the best match you can and cutting the best promos that you can will get you noticed and will get you a push. Walking to the ring with a sad look on your face isn't the best way to deal with being dropped down the card.

I don't agree with how he was used but his reaction to it probably just made WWE creative even more sure that there was no point pushing him.

At the same time though when all you're doing is jobbing in 30 second squashes and get no mic time its hard to show what you can do, even more so when HHHs workout buddies are more likely to get a push than some up and comer busting his ass.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At the same time though when all you're doing is jobbing in 30 second squashes and get no mic time its hard to show what you can do, even more so when HHHs workout buddies are more likely to get a push than some up and comer busting his ass.

You get plenty of time on house shows to show what you can do, that is the medium that he should have tried to excel at. Just take the crap and use it as motivation to get back to the top rather than just giving up. In the end he did the right thing for himself by quiting when he clearly wasn't enjoying himself.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The guy is still young, and like Troy said if his head is right and he is in good shape then I think WWE could do worse than hire him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He seems to be enjoying himself on the Indy scene though, so I don't really expect a return any time soon.

In the end money talks. He will want to set himself up for retirement and there is only so much money he can make working for his dad's promotion. Plus one big draw would be the fact that his brother and cousin still work for WWE, I am sure that he would want to work with them again as well and them still being in WWE would make it more attractive to return.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Money only talks to certain people, but give his attitude in the past, it wouldn't truly surprise me if he did return for the nice pay.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
If there is one man who could make it in the WWE the way it is, then it's Carlito. The guy has it all. For some superstars who were around earlier there are some restrictions but Carlito is the one who can take the ball and run with it no matter what WWE is like.