WWE Reportedly Confident That TNA Star Sting Will Be Joining Their Roster Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I heard Meltzer mention this earlier on today's Wrestling Observer Radio. It's been reported so many times in the past, that i'll believe it when it happens.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just like they were "confident" he would join WWE the past three years.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If it ever does happen the rumble would be a good way to debut him and go from there.

Have to laugh at people knocking this story and yet where create the thread in the first place if it is all so predictable and unlikely to be true?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If it ever does happen the rumble would be a good way to debut him and go from there.

Have to laugh at people knocking this story and yet where create the thread in the first place if it is all so predictable and unlikely to be true?

Even the PHX acknowledges that it comes off as a joke. If you think it's serious that's just sad this report comes out bi yearly. Ive written for these sites before Prowrestling.com being one of them they don't have sources(unless you count the random follower at an airport) they make shit up they guess they say things like this that way if there right bam.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Even the PHX acknowledges that it comes off as a joke. If you think it's serious that's just sad this report comes out bi yearly. Ive written for these sites before Prowrestling.com being one of them they don't have sources(unless you count the random follower at an airport) they make shit up they guess they say things like this that way if there right bam.

That wasn't my point. If 90% of people on this forum believe that Sting turning up in WWE anytime soon is a long shot, and if even more people have no faith in these sorts of reports then when bother creating threads and discussing them? Just wait until there is something more to go on.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That wasn't my point. If 90% of people on this forum believe that Sting turning up in WWE anytime soon is a long shot, and if even more people have no faith in these sorts of reports then when bother creating threads and discussing them? Just wait until there is something more to go on.

Perhaps because it's a discussion forum? It's a long day? They have nothing to do? Why did you post your comment? Why did I post this one? Don't be an idiot? You think everyone posting secretly thinks that Sting will return they just what? Want to seem cool by disagreeing?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Because we predicted this shit last night in the raw thread which makes it a fun joke

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not going to lie, I'd mark if Sting signed, mainly for the DVDs that could finally be released, anthologies, a documentary and hell a greatest rivalries with Flair. Him wrestling wouldn't be something I would look forward too, but if he faced Taker, why not? he would be over as fuck and him facing Taker at Mania would just be insane from the fans reactions. And enough about the Streak being predictable, since that shits been a focus, has Taker ever had a bad match? He even had a great match with Mark Henry.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Eventually he will go to WWE for the HOF and for his DVD but I am not sure if he will ever wrestle for WWE. He takes a lot of pride in the fact that he is pretty much the only big WCW star that has never wrestled for WWE. The trouble with signing him to wrestle as well is I doubt he would come in for one match just to lose, who do you offer him that would be willing to do the job without getting the win back in the future?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That's why I said have him enter the Rumble and clean house. Let him toss Cena, Orton, etc out the ring. Its happened plenty of times before when injured or returning guys come out on fire and surprise you in the rumble. He could easily be 30 and toss out the last 3 or 4 guys soak up the ppv spot light and come out on the next raw for the first time in history

No one gets pinned or taps to him, and he can declare that he never in his life wanted the wwe title because he was a WCW guy, that he already had his run with the world title, but the streak .... Remember the winner gets to pick their main event match, not specifically a title anymore, that and the chambers can decide the contenders while keeping the champs healthy heading into mania.

Winning the rumble would be huge for him when you think of who all won it ... Hogan, Flair, Austin, Michaels, Hunter, Rock, Brock, Batista, Cena, Edge, Taker .... Its an accomplishment in itself, so losing at mania after a hard fought match won't hurt as he gets his pay, the mania stage, his win, and we all get the Definitive Sting Collection

New Orleans even fits the Crow and Takers Deadman gimmick and the last time the super dome held a wrestling event it was WCW

Last edited:

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
I think he should just retire and go away. Taking Hogan with him. The Undertaker's seriously pushing his luck having another match, and even he's a good 5-6 years younger than Sting. They've missed the boat, retire and go away. Take Hogan.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think he should just retire and go away. Taking Hogan with him. The Undertaker's seriously pushing his luck having another match, and even he's a good 5-6 years younger than Sting. They've missed the boat, retire and go away. Take Hogan.

As far as TNA is concerned I agree, but I would still like to see him do something short term WWE.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If it's at the expense of Cena/Taker, I'd prefer him to stay in TNA.

Still wish he'd of came in when they were hyping that 1/2/11 (?) shit a couple years back. The hype was amazing and nearly everyone was pumped (for the first time in ages) to see Sting.

Pretty easy to sell though with the goth stuff, just hope they don't go OTT with them doing disappearing acts, levitating and shooting fireballs at each other :lol:

Ignore all the above because he'll sign a new contract with TNA anyway.