WWE Releases Top NXT Wrestler from Developmental Deall, But Lets Talk About Ice Cream

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TKK

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Ohno, but he really has no one else to blame except for himself. It's sad how he built himself up from being that fat fuck working ROH openers and into legitimate world champion material and just couldn't stick with it. I'm sure he'll be hired as a trainer once he decides to retire.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
WWE FUCKED UP! HERO ISN'T TO BLAME! HERO DOES NOTHING WRONG! HERO DRAWS!

nah but really if WWe wanted a pretty boy with six pack abs and glistening pecs they know where to find them and have plenty of those guys. I thought they signed Hero to be a fucking wrestler not enter beauty pageants. Hero looks like most wrestlers looked 30-40 years ago. Can you imagine some promoter coming to Harley Race circa 1980 and telling him to lose the beer belly?

fuck WWE for once again losing site of what is important, and no Flopspot, demanding Ohno be in prime ascetically pleasing shape is not important. the dude is an entertainer. I wanted him to entertain me, not blow me away with his physique

Genuine question has he even been entertaining bar the regal and parts of Wyatt feud?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Lets be honest, no one really knows why he was released apart from WWE and Ohno. All this speculation and "oh yeah you're so right" is hilarious.

It's sad that he's been released because he had the opportunity to make the most you can ever make as a wrestler, and he isn't exactly the age where he can come back in a few years.

TKK

Reaction score
You would have to imagine that it has something to do with his weight though seeing as the only hole in his game which you can pick at is his build.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
had he not lost a bunch of weight anyway?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
You would have to imagine that it has something to do with his weight though seeing as the only hole in his game which you can pick at is his build.
Attitude is also a possible one. But we cannot "see" his attitude backstage like we can see if he puts on or drops weight. But there were a lot of reports of him acting like a big star even before WWE.

Stopspot

Reaction score
had he not lost a bunch of weight anyway?
He did. So if that was the issue it seems it sadly was too little too late. And he dropped it rather quick so if weight was an issue its sad that he didn't drop it earlier and all this could have been avoided.

TKK

Reaction score
Attitude is also a possible one. But we cannot "see" his attitude backstage like we can see if he puts on or drops weight. But there were a lot of reports of him acting like a big star even before WWE.

Hero seems like a sweetheart haha. To be honest, he was working in NXT where the majority of people that he was working with weren't on his level in ring wise. It's understandable if he got a little frustrated.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Hero seems like a sweetheart haha. To be honest, he was working in NXT where the majority of people that he was working with weren't on his level in ring wise. It's understandable if he got a little frustrated.
That in my mind should not be an issue. Like at any workplace you can end up working with guys who know less than you, you have to suck it up and work with it. All the other indy guys they signed in the same period gave it their all and progressed well. I remember reading that Hero thought he didn't need to be in NXT because he was "Chris flipping Hero". Attitude can be a factor in this. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but nice guys can still have an attitude and think highly of themselves.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score

Acting superior to others in any workplace is only going to land you on the unemployment line, it's just plain unprofessional.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Acting superior to others in any workplace is only going to land you on the unemployment line, it's just plain unprofessional.

Hero didn't have to *act* superior, he just is superior.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Clearly you have no idea what a WWE locker room is like and WAS like lol. Sometimes you need to let the bigger egos do their thing; if they have the talent to make you money, then let them slack off. Austin had a lot of tantrums, and so did HBK. I can't see Vince firing them in the past because of their bad attitudes. Not comparing Hero to them, but the point applies.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yet performed at the level he did in NXT? Hero never clicked with the WWE/TV style it seems. His two best matches in NXT where 15 minute+ and with Regal and Harper, two of the best guys down there. In a standard TV timed match he phoned it in a lot. If you're in developmental, then prove that you want to advance and you will.

His best work is in long matches. So in a sense I'll be happy seeing him out on the indys and possibly in Japan. Seems like a much better environment for him to work in. And having been in WWE opens up more doors for him. Japan pays well so if he can get with one of the big feds over there he can still live very comfortably off of wrestling. And he can possibly go to TNA but that would still require wrestling shorter matches, but the environment may still suit him better than WWE.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yet performed at the level he did in NXT? Hero never clicked with the WWE/TV style it seems. His two best matches in NXT where 15 minute+ and with Regal and Harper, two of the best guys down there. In a standard TV timed match he phoned it in a lot. If you're in developmental, then prove that you want to advance and you will.
The problem is that... he shouldn't have been in developmental, or not for as long as he was. If fucking Tensai, Khali, Santino, and fucking Fandango are getting TV time, then Ohno is more than ready.