WWE Raw 4/19 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
The Napoleon Dynamite Raw was one of the better Raws I thought, this show was just an abomination.

R-Truth getting blown up was the saving grace of this show. Hopefully that means he's getting fired and we never see him again.

Reaction score
Watching Raw as we speak on the coastal feed, so far not as bad as people making it out to be, especially considering the circumstances. Swagger and Taker was a very good TV match. Not great by any means, but not as awful as Napolean or Cheech and Chong.

Reaction score
I'm still trying to understand why they are burying the World Champion. He gets a decent win last week and now jobs to Taker? What a crock of shit. I'm not saying Swagger is the guy to hold the belt, but what's the point of putting it on him to job him out?

Raw wasn't worth watching, I actually skipped the main event to take a shower. It's a shame TNA didn't have anything worth watching tonight either.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I didn't think it was that bad TBH.

Swagger/Taker was OK. Granted the ME was bit Meh.

It wasn't a car crash though IMO. They tried to stick to building the up coming matches for Sunday.

They tried to promote and to Get EX Rules over and they didn't do a bad job at that.

I wasn't expecting much so i wasn't disappointed.

Reaction score
Thank gawd we don't need to hear anymore "What's up?"

This was the worst Raw of the year. I liked the HHH/Punk comedy segment at the start, but as the show progressed it got worse. I thought Khali was pissing off to India? Why did Mysterio cut some of Punk's hair knowing he would cut it all off this sunday? Why were the two guest hosts of raw acting like blueberries?

Worst. Episode. Ever.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
When Jericho was talking to MacGruber backstage, I saw a little bit of old pre-2008 Chris Jericho. You know ASSCLOWN Chris Jericho. He wasn't himself in that promo. Chris Jericho lately is not supposed to be comedic like that.

SnackZ

Reaction score
LOL @ all the hate for RAW - I swear that if this SAME EXACT show were to have aired on Friday night for a Smackdown show you ALL would be like it was great like:

OMG Trips is on SD and he's clowning the SES
Oh snaps, Rey cut some hair, I bet he loses this Sunday, whadda ya think
Triple threat main event, wow
Taker back early to face Swagger, wow, they are trying to give Swagger a nice rub by putting him in with Taker
Matt/Drew was a waste, why does Hardy still wrestle
LOL @ Truth getting blown up

This entire thread would be different.

Raw was NOT as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

maty619

Reaction score
I liked Raw, I actually found the comedy segs with MacGruber and with HHH to be funny, which I never find funny, a joke about a uterus, that is a rare thing these days, especially in the PG days, that is the least PG thing I have seen since Attitude Era.

Triple H's promo at the start was gold. Rey shaving Punk, I could go either way on that, I suppose it gives the Universe a false sense of security before Punk will probably win, but I would like to see a back and forth feud between the two, I am still undecided on that one. Matt vs Drew was OK, not the worst match I've seen Matt put on recently but certainly not the best, it could have gone on a bit longer for me. I'm not too sure what will come of Truth being exploded, I assume he will clear it up on Smackdown, they can't leave it with him dying, remember Paul Bearer, well I don't but I read on wiki that there was some sirt of uproar I think. Cena and Randy's promos also could have lasted longer, especially the Randy one, I was really looking forward to Randy cutting a promo before the ads but then, meh. I really liked Taker vs Swagger was the best match of the night, it really proved what Swagger can do but I would have prefered an unclean finish than Swagger losing when he is champ. Jericho singing to MacGruber was amazing, the best moment of the night for me, I would really like to see more of that from Y2J. I swithed off (mentally, not physically) during the main-event, I'm sure it was a bit of a clusterfuck.

Reaction score
Matt/Drew was a waste, why does Hardy still wrestle

Agreed. Their match was gawd awful. We've seen the two battle loads recently and it confuses me as to why WWE pair them together to match because they don't have any history together except that Drew attacked him once before the bell went.

LOL @ Truth getting blown up

Let's just hope he buggers off and doesn't come back. I hate him.

Hit N Run

Reaction score
Triple H at the start was priceless, although you could sense they where dragging their heals a little bit, seemed to take an age before he actually started talking to the crowd.

The R-Truth thing almost killed me, I was trying to remember to breathe I was laughing so hard. I don't know what made it funnier, the fact the camera caught his leap back stage, or the pair of smoking boots left behind.

Although those where the only two bits that held much interest over Impact which I had running on the PC.